Author Topic: Ask Butterfly a question  (Read 8643 times)

TheoK

Re: Ask Butterfly a question
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2010, 01:48:49 AM »
One interesting thing is that if you seriously claim that there is something like a Flying Spaghetti Monster, they will send you to the nuthouse, while if you claim that there is something called God, Jahve or Allah, they will respect you (at least many will) and maybe even help you build a sanctuary for them.

So the state encourages madness, just if it is religious. One might wonder why.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2010, 03:50:55 AM »
You said you don't use WP but you said you lurked there. It sounds like you're saying two different things here. To me lurking on a forum is using the forum so I thought maybe you don't see lurking on a forum as using it.

I suppose you're right.  I never saw lurking and reading posts as actually using a forum. This is the only forum that I'm posting on but I do read other forums. I don't read WP at the moment, but I do regularly read a couple of football ones to help me keep up with the team I support back home.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2010, 06:04:29 AM »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »
Again though, I say you need to find a situation or set up one suited to overcoming your phobia, and go ahead and face it head on. Only way to overcome stuff like that to my knowledge.

That's what I'm doing on this site. There's no point in trying to overcome my intimacy problem without first trying to sort out my social phobia. I find it very hard to talk to people in real life. If I say something stupid on here I know it won't affect me IRL. Some people advised me to try speaking on the internet as a first step towards being able to speak to people face to face.

I post here partly to keep my communication skills from deteriorating too much.  I have so little contact with people IRL and online these days that my speech has become a bit slurred and stuttery from lack of use and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put my thoughts into words when I'm speaking or typing.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
Again though, I say you need to find a situation or set up one suited to overcoming your phobia, and go ahead and face it head on. Only way to overcome stuff like that to my knowledge.

That's what I'm doing on this site. There's no point in trying to overcome my intimacy problem without first trying to sort out my social phobia. I find it very hard to talk to people in real life. If I say something stupid on here I know it won't affect me IRL. Some people advised me to try speaking on the internet as a first step towards being able to speak to people face to face.

I post here partly to keep my communication skills from deteriorating too much.  I have so little contact with people IRL and online these days that my speech has become a bit slurred and stuttery from lack of use and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put my thoughts into words when I'm speaking or typing.

I have a lot of problems putting my thoughts into words when I'm speaking or typing aswell. I start saying something and know the information I want to put across, but as soon as I start saying it I realize that I haven't thought out the words that I'm going to use. I always end up inventing words just to get my information across. I know it makes me look like an idiot but its better than having to stop for 10 seconds mid sentance just to figure out the proper structure of what I'm trying to say. I know most of my posts probably seem fairly coherant, but that's because I have a lot of time to think about them and edit the bits that don't make sense.
I do a lot of speaking IRL but 99% of it's with 3 people. I only speak to 3 other people. My great uncle who I hate, the girl in the chip shop, and the guy who fixes my scooter.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2010, 04:13:45 AM »

I have a lot of problems putting my thoughts into words when I'm speaking or typing aswell. I start saying something and know the information I want to put across, but as soon as I start saying it I realize that I haven't thought out the words that I'm going to use. I always end up inventing words just to get my information across. I know it makes me look like an idiot but its better than having to stop for 10 seconds mid sentance just to figure out the proper structure of what I'm trying to say. I know most of my posts probably seem fairly coherant, but that's because I have a lot of time to think about them and edit the bits that don't make sense.
I do a lot of speaking IRL but 99% of it's with 3 people. I only speak to 3 other people. My great uncle who I hate, the girl in the chip shop, and the guy who fixes my scooter.

I also spend a lot of time editing, rethinking and often scrapping what I've typed; words used to flow smoothly onto the page, but not so much these days.  My mum is the only person I speak to with any regularity, and she does most of the talking.  I used to IM with friends online every day, but I lost interest in that a couple of years ago and I've had pretty limited contact with people online since then.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Scrapheap

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »
What is your cup size?

Are your areola large or small?

Are your areola pink or dark?

How do you shave your muff? (clean shaven, landing strip, triangle, heart, etc)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2017, 05:27:47 AM »
I don't remember if I ever got an answer to this.   :dunno:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2017, 06:35:14 PM »
I don't remember if I ever got an answer to this.   :dunno:

I think she ignored you.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:03 PM »
We can't pretend anymore, can we?
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.