Author Topic: Ask Butterfly a question  (Read 8640 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Butterfly a question
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:12 PM »
Same.  I get freaked out by most insects except for ladybirds and butterflies.

For some reason dead insects scare me more than live ones. If there's a live spider in the room I can sometimes get rid of it but if it was dead I wouldn't be able to go near it.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 06:39:52 PM »
Have you ever visited anywhere at the southern border of this shithole of a country?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 07:06:15 PM »
Do you have autism or what kind?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »
Have you ever visited anywhere at the southern border of this shithole of a country?

I went to Donegal for a holiday when I was really young, and I remember how nice it was. The religious stuff in this country is very shitty, but other than that I don't think it's a shithole. It's funny, I kind of felt Scotland was a shithole when I lived there but now that I've left I remember it much more fondly.
A few months ago while it was still winter I took a drive on the scooter to Carrickmacross in Co. Monaghan to see a relative. I got down easily enough but got completely lost on the way home. I tried to drive down a country lane and there was a huge alsation sitting in the middle of the road.  I had to turn back and from there on I didn't have a clue. Ice was freezing on my jacket and I ended up driving around the border for hours. Somehow I ended up in Dundalk and had to get directions home from the traffic police. By the time I got home I was so cold I couldn't stop shivering for ages.
BTW does everone in the South keep dogs and just let them run wild? I've been chased by dogs on the scooter twice and both those times were on that trip.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
Carrickmacross in Co. Monaghan

I used to live there until I moved to Dundalk. Shit, depressing town. Everyone knew everyone's business.

BTW does everone in the South keep dogs and just let them run wild? I've been chased by dogs on the scooter twice and both those times were on that trip.

I dunno, I haven't seen any wild dogs as of late but it depends on the area. I did see a few mongrels in Newry though. :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »

For some reason dead insects scare me more than live ones. If there's a live spider in the room I can sometimes get rid of it but if it was dead I wouldn't be able to go near it.

Probably because they look so creepy all curled up when they're dead. :twitch:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:49 PM »
Do you have autism or what kind?

I have Aspergers Syndrom. I was young at the time and my parents thought that I "wasn't right" so they brought me to people to find out what was wrong with me. When they found out what I had they didn't handle it very well. I don't think they liked the fact that AS couldn't be fixed. From then on they insisted I was normal and lived in complete denial of it. To be honest I pretty much still live in denial about it. It's only really became a major problem for me since I moved over here and left my friends.
I don't really think AS is really that big a problem for me. I don't think I really have it too severely but I think I have very serious social anxiety issues. I feel that they effect my life in a much more serious way than AS ever has.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »
Probably because they look so creepy all curled up when they're dead.
You're right, they do. And also when they're alive I can try and tell my self that they'll find their own way out, but when they're dead it's pretty obvious they wont be going anywhere of their own free will.

I used to live there until I moved to Dundalk. Shit, depressing town. Everyone knew everyone's business.
Small world :) We probably know people in common. I can't remember the name of the adress she stayed but I think it was the only council scheme in Carrickmacross. If not it was certainly the biggest.

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
Do you like to drink :scotch: ??

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »
Have you ever seen A League of Their Own?

Scrapheap

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »

:facepalm2: Please don't ask her if she wears diapers.  :duh:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 11:16:13 PM »
Do you wear diapers?

Done  >:D

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 01:32:37 AM »
We probably know people in common.

Probably, but I was there for over 15 years and I barely knew anyone. Although they weren't very pleasant people (especially worse when some knew I was a spazz), so I didn't get the motivation to know them properly. Or even go outside half the time. :orly:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:34:09 AM by Shleed O'Bollox »

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 04:19:16 AM »

How do you feel about live and dead worms and slugs?  I'm fine with spiders and insects, but worms and slugs give me the creeps, especially when they're dead or injured.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 05:25:12 AM »
Do you like to drink :scotch:??

Most alcohol makes me really sick and I struggle to drink enough to get drunk before I start to puke. The only drinks that don't have that effect on me are red wine and whiskey. When I used to go out drinking with my friends, they would all be buying Buckfast and alcopops and I'd buy a couple of bottles of red wine. It must have looked dead pretentious. You wouldn't believe the strange looks and comments I got off people who didn't know me when I turned up with a couple of bottles of Jacob's Creek.

No, I've never seen it.

Do you wear diapers?

I'm not really sure what to say here  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I do have to hold my great aunt down while she has hers changed though.

How do you feel about live and dead worms and slugs?  I'm fine with spiders and insects, but worms and slugs give me the creeps, especially when they're dead or injured.

I'm not bothered by them if they're outside. Worms don't bother me at all and neither would slugs if they stayed outside. What grosses me out though is occasionally in my kitchen slugs crawl out from behind the built in cooker and it looks like they're actually crawling out of the cooker. I've only seen it happen a couple of times but it did totally freak me out. I was home by myself as well so I had to remove them :sick: :sick: :sick: