Author Topic: The Fluorescent Situation  (Read 6340 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: The Fluorescent Situation
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »
I pmed fluorescent recently asking if he felt he was bullied, and how teasing him made him feel. He really didn't care. To quote him, one of the things he said was,"I went with the flow, thinking people don't know what they are talking about." If he doesn't care, what's the point of all this hoopla? The only person who's still insulting him is Teejay anyway, but the people who have laid off him (Duncvis, Lucifer, Odeon, etc.) are getting all the slander. I'm not saying teasing him was right, but he wasn't upset, so there's no point in attacking people who used to tease him. It's ridiculous.

because next time it might be someone who does care (a lot).

anyway, he may have just been trying to look macho in front of you by saying that he didn't care.

The key words are "may" and "might". I've never seen anyone bullied who couldn't handle it. People shouldn't be attacked over things that haven't (but possibly could) happen either. If that ever happens, I'm pretty confident there are people here that would stick up for that person. I know I would.

It seems really obvious that he wasn't being macho. He really thinks that people are wrong if they say something bad about him, the same way Alex Plank does.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 12:22:42 PM »
ascan.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
What about him?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 12:28:12 PM »
it has been decided by the apie elite that he is the official cunt!
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »

i didn't decide that.

oh, but hang on - i'm not a member of the aspie elite.  ah, that'll explain it, then.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »

i didn't decide that.

oh, but hang on - i'm not a member of the aspie elite.  ah, that'll explain it, then.

You said you did not want to be a member of the Aspie EliteTM, Lucifer, else you would have been.  You wanted to be the Seraphic Elite instead, so you are.  Are you having second thoughts?  Just say the word and you can be an official card-carrying member of the Aspie EliteTM.

Ascan can be the official recruitment chairman for the Aspie EliteTM.  He is very good at this job.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »
no, no - that's the whole point, callaway - i can't belong to a group of people numbering more than me, cos it's common.

so i shall make my own, unilateral decisions about whatever i feel like, on behalf of the Seraphic Elite, which is me.

huzzah!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 01:18:38 PM »
no, no - that's the whole point, callaway - i can't belong to a group of people numbering more than me, cos it's common.

Is that why it bothers you when other people flirt like you do, because you want to be one of a kind?

What is your favorite color?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 01:42:59 PM »
answers:  firstly, do i?  (puzzled smiley).

and second - black.

you'd know if there were more than one of me, callaway, cos it'd be like matter and anti-matter, and the world would disintegrate.  and if it didn't, i can assure you, one of me would anihilate the other one PDQ - i would drive me up the fucking wall within femiseconds.

what i am i saying, "would"?   i already do...  ::)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »
Join our cult... >:D

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 03:42:04 PM »
Considering you don't seem to see anything wrong with his poisoned views and constant slagging off of Intensity² and its membership, it does rather beg the question of whose side your on - Intensity²'s, or your friend's. It clearly isn't the site's. Come on, you're supposedly an administrator here. Where's your loyalty?

i'm not on anyone's side. just because i'm not a patriot, doesn't mean i'm a traitor.

Ascan's not innocent, Omega, if that's what you think. He's been accusing me and Dunc of all kinds of things at OTS, directly or indirectly. Dunc's his main target because he's lent his talents for the common good here, but as I'm sure you've noticed, he's included me in his evil ruling aspie elite theory. Don't know why, exactly, but it seems to bother him that I'm a moderator at OTS.

Apparently, I can't speak my mind here if I moderate an aspie support site elsewhere.

i think he's right about that; i certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going to OTS for friendship / support / advice if i was in RobertN's position.

personally, i think people who administrate / moderate on boards should be prepared to put up with a bit of stick from the membership; the same way that members of the public are entitled to question politicians.

The key words are "may" and "might". I've never seen anyone bullied who couldn't handle it.

i have.

People shouldn't be attacked over things that haven't (but possibly could) happen either.

i think it's wise to prepare for worst case scenarios.

It seems really obvious that he wasn't being macho. He really thinks that people are wrong if they say something bad about him, the same way Alex Plank does.

well, i hope - for his sake - that he manages to maintain his indifference about the things that people have said about him here.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
The key words are "may" and "might". I've never seen anyone bullied who couldn't handle it.
i have.

Who? The only people I've seen leave are people who "dished it out" themselves, so if they couldn't take it, they shouldn't have dished it out to begin with.

People shouldn't be attacked over things that haven't (but possibly could) happen either.

That's kind of unfair though. They did as RobertN asked and stopped bullying him, but for some reason that's not enough.

well, i hope - for his sake - that he manages to maintain his indifference about the things that people have said about him here.

I don't see why he wouldn't especially now that everyone's laid off him.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
Ascan's not innocent, Omega, if that's what you think. He's been accusing me and Dunc of all kinds of things at OTS, directly or indirectly. Dunc's his main target because he's lent his talents for the common good here, but as I'm sure you've noticed, he's included me in his evil ruling aspie elite theory. Don't know why, exactly, but it seems to bother him that I'm a moderator at OTS.

Apparently, I can't speak my mind here if I moderate an aspie support site elsewhere.

i think he's right about that; i certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going to OTS for friendship / support / advice if i was in RobertN's position.

Because...? Do you think that I would abuse my position, Omega? Don't judge others based on your own behaviour.

RobertN is perfectly welcome to seek friendship/support/advice at OTS. There are quite a few members that would help. Remember that Flo came to OTS before he came here, and posted on the safe haven, and got help. From me, among other people. This was some time before he started labeling Aspies as retards, etc, by the way.

personally, i think people who administrate / moderate on boards should be prepared to put up with a bit of stick from the membership; the same way that members of the public are entitled to question politicians.

Which is why your karma's been going downhill in spite of you not posting here all that much. You're held accountable for your actions elsewhere, too.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2006, 07:29:26 AM »
i have.

Who? The only people I've seen leave are people who "dished it out" themselves, so if they couldn't take it, they shouldn't have dished it out to begin with.

that's confidential, i'm afraid.

That's kind of unfair though. They did as RobertN asked and stopped bullying him, but for some reason that's not enough.

I don't see why he wouldn't especially now that everyone's laid off him.

i hope you're right.

Because...? Do you think that I would abuse my position, Omega? Don't judge others based on your own behaviour.

RobertN is perfectly welcome to seek friendship/support/advice at OTS. There are quite a few members that would help. Remember that Flo came to OTS before he came here, and posted on the safe haven, and got help. From me, among other people. This was some time before he started labeling Aspies as retards, etc, by the way.

personally, i would not want to expose my vulnerable side on a site where members of the management had called me a "cumrag" etc.

Which is why your karma's been going downhill in spite of you not posting here all that much. You're held accountable for your actions elsewhere, too.

if i actually gave a monkey's about my karma, i wouldn't have set it back to zero in the first place.