Educational

Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 45852 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2700 on: October 26, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »
Open dumpsters are a rare thing here. Parish ordinance require them to be locked.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2701 on: October 26, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
Open dumpsters are a rare thing here. Parish ordinance require them to be locked.
How does that work for apartment complexes and condos where multiple people share the same one?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2702 on: October 26, 2017, 06:33:16 PM »
How does that work for apartment complexes and condos where multiple people share the same one?

They are enclosed in solid fences with access through a door that is simply latched.  I don't think they lock the thing because of the tenant turnover.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2703 on: October 27, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
There is way too much thrown out that either doesn't need to be or that just plain shouldn't be.

I've even found precious metal antiques from, IIRC, 15th century once, another,a silver-inlaid and end-capped antique page turner made either ivory, or perhaps whalebone, not sure which or how old that is, but page-turners (shaped sort of like a letter opening knife, thought it was at first) can't have been in fashion in the last century or so I'd guess, at least. And of course stuff doesn't get made of whalebone or ivory these days and sold here (at least it shouldn't, in either case. Although any market there is can't be vigorous, large and thriving. At any rate I hope not; although I took that, since it was in a skip with the other old silver stuff, like an old glass or maybe lead crystal-ware jar, capped with a really thick, hefty hinged silver lid, and its not as though I am encouraging there to be any trade in or fresh killings for ivory/whalebone quite possibly a century or maybe even more old, and found rather than bought)

And just found a grill pit-style double cheeseburger in the fridge that I'd only had a couple of bites out of when it was bought, nuked that and ate it. Needed that. Wasn't hungry, I barely get hungry, not any more, but at least, had gone without food long enough to be able to eat without having to force it down, and it was good.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2704 on: October 30, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »

Kind of the same around here. But you know, the library is a part of the local government. It is immune to any laws that bridle the small business community.
 :blah:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2705 on: October 30, 2017, 07:12:55 PM »
Laws like that are what bolt-cutters are made for. And good fence-climbing skills :P

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2706 on: October 31, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »
Found lots of cards while unpacking. I don't know why I save cards, but I do. Got rid of a bunch that no longer hold the same meaning, but loved the ones with the handwritten notes from relatives who have passed.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2707 on: October 31, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
A neighbor put a large plastic coffee container in th recycling.  It's mine now.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2708 on: October 31, 2017, 06:32:45 PM »
Nothing yet.
Tomorrow night is trash night...Thursday night is another trash night.

The possibilities are endless.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2709 on: November 05, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
The jump drive that has the document that has the editing work that WolFish and I did to our manuscript last February and March.

:headbang2:  :wolfie:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2710 on: November 06, 2017, 12:18:12 AM »
Awesome!
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2711 on: November 06, 2017, 10:06:51 AM »
It is not a lot, only two chapters - I'd already found the documents for the prologue and the third chapter - but it is an important step.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2712 on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »
A small (50ml I think, maybe 100ml) 3-neck round bottom flask with a rather valuable compound inside, and a beaker containing the same compound in a better condition of purity, both could benefit from being recrystallized from isopropanol, the stuff in the 3-neck RBF without a doubt MUST be recrystallized and cleaned up, whilst the same stuff in the beaker will just benefit a good whack from the recrystallization.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2713 on: November 30, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »
Christmas lights...a 30 gallon tote full...many brand new sets of LED's still in the boxes. All working. SO lost all his for the bar when the basement flooded this spring...he was just bitching about how many lights he needed to buy...scratch that off the shopping list now.

Another bin with some random decor, a very nice storage bin with a seen-better-days tree inside. Made tree shorter, stuck it in a huge pot and decorated it with some random decor for the porch. Cleaned out the bin to store my tree and decorations in under the steps.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2714 on: November 30, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »
A couple of years ago, Kayleigh hung white Christmas lights in her room. It looked really cool. Until her rats got to them. Now there's no rats and so I'm encouraging Kayleigh to get more lights.

Not found, but lost. My G-Shock watch. I took it off in the toilets at college and put it on the sink bench when I went to wash my hands. Done this plenty of times so don't understand why I left it there. Was back in the computer lab for 5 minutes when I realised. Raced back to get it and it was gone. I wonder who took it, whether or not they needed a watch. If they're ok with it being 4-6 minutes fast and beeping 20 times at 9pm every night.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae