Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46036 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2730 on: April 17, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
over 1K back from taxes  :-\

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2731 on: April 18, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »
My little binoculars that I though were gone forever in my wife's car
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2732 on: April 18, 2018, 06:20:42 PM »
A new place to hunt. Farmstead from 1826 up in the mountains. Hopefully I can get up there sometime soon.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2733 on: April 18, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
A new place to hunt. Farmstead from 1826 up in the mountains. Hopefully I can get up there sometime soon.

I bid work on a house under renovations today that was built in the 1830s in an area settled in 1638 that they said I could detect the property  it's real small though but likely never been searched.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2734 on: April 18, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

I bid work on a house under renovations today that was built in the 1830s in an area settled in 1638 that they said I could detect the property  it's real small though but likely never been searched.

That sounds cool. More like a getaway here, doubt I'll find much, the area was only settled/named as of 1860, suffered from frequent Indian attacks...current population totals approx 300 and the borough has no working full time employees. Elevation 2,032′

Looks a little like I think heaven should, if there is one.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2735 on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »

That sounds cool. More like a getaway here, doubt I'll find much, the area was only settled/named as of 1860, suffered from frequent Indian attacks...current population totals approx 300 and the borough has no working full time employees. Elevation 2,032′

Looks a little like I think heaven should, if there is one.

Not many places around here were I can go like that everything is rather developed or marked no trespassing and state parks are off limits except for beaches.  I try and get permission from builders I work for  this house should be good because it is in an area that was built up soon after the city was founded

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2736 on: April 23, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
Playing my fallout-tactics game, just captured a flamethower :D

Got a fair bit of fuel for it too. Does some monstrous damage for up close attacks, with an area effect of splash damage too. Perfect for operations needing a door to be opened, as main weapon for the soldier taking point, with something like an automatic combat shotgun for a sidearm, if its too far to roast anybody hostile behind the door, then the assault team member taking point can just switch to the auto-shotgun and cut loose with bursts of automatic fire, using heavy solid slug rounds, or flechette rounds (essentially like a tank's beehive rounds, a shell packed with lots of double-ended darts as submunitions, that spread out in a swarm and shred targets to gelatinous red pulpy messy gooey stuff). Even pretty damn tough enemies have a hard time surviving a burst of slug fire or those flechette rounds.

But damn....very nice. Wasn't sure I was going to be able to recover it, as it was on an upper floor, where the shooter who used to own it, before meeting the business end of a .50 caliber browning M2 autocannon plus a couple of heavy machineguns and a sniper rifle, was stationed before being torn into two separate halves, just a pair of legs and a splattered, headless torso remaining lol, but the little sod was up on this upper floor, and the stairs, the AI that controls the enactment of the orders given to troops was having trouble getting anyone up the steps for some reason, eventually got one gunman up there, although meeting another big, ugly, heavily armored, foul tempered, hard as nails mutant with a machinegun, he was quickly dispatched too, before he could fire, with another of the same machineguns, serving as a nice little replenishment of 7.62mm rounds, which my team uses in both their sniper rifles and in the SAW machineguns.

Some combat drugs, both useful and fetching a high price if sold, but the team's first flamethrower too. Time to roast some mutant arses extra crispy :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2737 on: April 23, 2018, 10:03:17 AM »
Oh, nice! just looted a flamethrower in pistol, form as well. Haven't tried it, although it'll certainly make a handy and downright nasty sidearm for close combat, especially as unlike the two-handed full sized version, its capable of aimed shots. Meaning legs, arms, torso, head, and nastiest of all, in the eyes or in the balls.

Just tried the full sized one, creeping up on one of those huge, hard as nails mutants, one shot, was all it took, didn't even get the chance to fight back, as he was incinerated and reduced to ashes with one burst, after flailing around on fire for a moment in agony, nothing left but a pile of dust. MMM...extra crispy :spazz:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2738 on: April 28, 2018, 03:01:57 PM »
A Little Tykes kids play house,   cleaned it and bringing it up to the grand kids tomorrow

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2739 on: April 29, 2018, 10:44:58 AM »
A Little Tykes kids play house,   cleaned it and bringing it up to the grand kids tomorrow

Cool. My son had one that looked like a log cabin.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2740 on: May 05, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »
A couple of spring wreaths to decorate my door with.
(Thank you random person with nice taste in decor who keeps buying new decorations every year and sitting the old ones on top of the trash bags for me)

2 really big pvc/plastic benchs w/planters on each end with some sun fading.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2741 on: May 05, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »

I went to the farmer's market this morning looking for some fresh green beans. Kind of early here, but when I found this apple farmer offering dried apples I had to bite!!  The taste was amazing and I bought two pounds of dried apples and a quart of his apple butter.

Market was a little disappointing, mostly art shit and hand crafts.

I still bought a huge bag of fresh kettle corn and a few greenhouse grown herbs for starter plants.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2742 on: May 06, 2018, 02:15:34 AM »
One thing I did NOT find today is a DVD that my wife and daughter wanted to watch. It was on the living room table for ages but not anymore. It's gone.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2743 on: May 07, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
One thing I did NOT find today is a DVD that my wife and daughter wanted to watch. It was on the living room table for ages but not anymore. It's gone.

Maybe you have ghosts :boo:

That's who does that sort of thing at my house  because I never put things away and forget that I did  :M

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2744 on: May 07, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »
Found two mid century modern chairs curbside