Educational

Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 45968 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2685 on: July 21, 2017, 06:01:56 AM »
^ Holy crap that's a score!!!  :o So much more exciting than what I found today. Two dead baby moles in the pool skimmer  :P
:sick:
:lol1:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2686 on: July 21, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
$12 in the dryer after doing my laundry
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2687 on: September 27, 2017, 08:40:12 PM »
Came across a couple moving and they loaded me up with a few things.

Resin wicker loveseat, hand vac, brass fireplace tools, and two small sentry safes.

The one safe x055 model was locked, no key, no combo...seriously don't buy one of these to keep anything really valuable in. Took me all of 5 seconds to jiggle the key lock with a nail file.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2688 on: October 01, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »
A corner hutch and two nice sturdy wooden chairs by Bent Brothers on the curb
Found two pennies with the metal detector in my front yard one from 1954 the other a newer zinc one that was half gone

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2689 on: October 01, 2017, 06:23:28 PM »
Found two pennies with the metal detector in my front yard one from 1954 the other a newer zinc one that was half gone

Cool.

Did you catch this post?
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/555658-never-my-wildest-dreams-would-i-have-ever-thought-i-d-find-cache-these.html

I would have fell over. Lucky dog. 8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2690 on: October 01, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »

Cool.

Did you catch this post?
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/555658-never-my-wildest-dreams-would-i-have-ever-thought-i-d-find-cache-these.html

I would have fell over. Lucky dog. 8)

Think I would have fallen over too  :o  I'm still mostly practicing in my yard which is full of junk.  Where I am is good in that the area was settled in 1639 but bad in they frown on you detecting in parks its not banned but they hassle you a bit about it.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2691 on: October 01, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
I found a vegan cottaage pie in the freezer :) I made that about two weeks ago ( I made two, as usual.  One to eat, and one to freeze)  and clean forgot about it.   I definitely don't feel up to cooking, ATM,. so will have that at dinner time., with a bit of frozen spinach  on the side (er cooked, ofc.)   Sorted! :)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2692 on: October 02, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »
NICE, IQ.

Best things I've ever found, have been a desktop computer tower, a working microwave I can use for the lab and nicest of all perhaps, a dumpster-full of silver, with some gold artefacts, jewellery, went looking for copper pipe, lead pipe/sheet etc. roofing and plumbing that'd been tossed out and could be scrapped in for money. But instead, found a 16th century or so solid silver jerusalem cross, heavy and very, very old, the crosses in that flared out equidistant-armed templar style, with scenes from the nativity and from the crucifixion on the back, as well as date and hallmark.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2693 on: October 18, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »
Not much tonight.

A box of odds and ends with a brick in it.

Not this kind.

A motorola...with the chargers.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2694 on: October 19, 2017, 03:57:32 AM »
A vegan cottage pie? thats called 'a blob of mashed potato', walkie hun.

And its only conceivable value to somebody that needs food, is to freeze it solid into the shape of a club, and (very quickly) whack somebody over the back of the head in order to take their wallet and use the contents to buy something to eat:P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2695 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »

A ten year old mouse. My Logitech "kickass damn" thang just died for no reason (in my view).

I dug out a mouse from many years ago when I last bought a box computer and it fucking works great, but there is a cable attached.

:GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2696 on: October 19, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
I need to find a working mouse that can connect to the ports of this laptop, because I am fed up of using the trackpad. Its fucking awful, often gets very unresponsive and acts up. The one I have to hand is a laser-mouse with a USB connection. However it does not appear to be compatible. So I am going to try with a far older one, with a ball, and connect via serial port. Old fashioned and only just possible. It's about as old a computer as is likely even to possess a serial port. Haven't tried it yet though.

Given the rough surface conditions, being usually on my sofa/bed (same thing) and fabric being far from ideal, I might get myself a trackball. Always did like that kind of mouse, the type with a hard plastic ball rather than an easily dirtied rubber one, with rollers that need regular attention with a knife to scrape off coagulated generic compressed fluff and shyte.

And having to use the trackpad on the laptop is a pain, means I can't atm properly play FPS videogames.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2697 on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »

A ten year old mouse. My Logitech "kickass damn" thang just died for no reason (in my view).

I dug out a mouse from many years ago when I last bought a box computer and it fucking works great, but there is a cable attached.

Until I got to your second sentance I thought you were referring to a "mus" mouse.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2698 on: October 26, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »

Until I got to your second sentance I thought you were referring to a "mus" mouse.

Where is the "From Within The Vast Depths, SPIT/CHOKE" smiley?
 :zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2699 on: October 26, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »

OT:

My daughter discovered that the local library had an open dumpster in the back lot full of books (HERESY!! String them UP!!) all going to be recycled.
Without even climbing in, she had already grabbed nine cook books and recipe books, three of which I was glad to see, glad to own - but these will be hers.

I have another dumpster "diver"  or more properly, dumpster shopper in the family. I am so proud!