Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 104122 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7080 on: February 12, 2018, 06:33:10 AM »
As for little old me, yes, I did. Not all of them, I had some of last week's clonidine left over for example, and some of last week's pramipexole. Used those. Otherwise, taken my oxycodone, taken 1 lot of cimetidine and am about to take another (an anti-stomach acid drug, for GI issues, but that I asked specifically for my doc to take me off one of its close, close relatives, ranitidine, and put me on the cimetidine so I could benefit from some CYP-P450 liver enzyme blocking capacity cimetidine has but not ranitidine, and as a result, prolong the duration of effect of the oxycodone and especially morphine, that I need to take by effectively shunting them past a blocked metabolic degradation 'checkpoint' in the liver, and smuggling them across the border like a little epoxyphenanthrene illegal alien mexican, right under the nose of that mean old first-pass metabolism :green:

Also, before I took any cimetidine, had a modest (for me. A few hundred mg; of dihydrocodeine because I was hours from picking up a script refill, and taken my very last doses of anything else, the tank was running on less than fumes, so that was just a little top-up to stop my joints screaming, and my nervous system feeling like it was joining in towards the very end, sleepless as it was.

Taken chlormethiazole and am about to take another pair of those greyish-brown sort-of flexible, plastic-corrosive 'eggs'. Also just taken 20mg more oxycodone (IR)

So right about soon I'm going to be feeling really quite toasty
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7081 on: February 13, 2018, 06:26:05 AM »
Yeah, took the spazz meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7082 on: February 13, 2018, 06:52:37 AM »
Yeah, or most of 'em at any rate. The most important ones. Plus a dose of clonidine, an adrenolytic, to help, as usual, with warding off overloading. About to take a couple of IR oxy, my top-up pain meds, and then kick back and play some fallout-tactics, go blow the eyes and heads off of some  giant mutant scorpions the size of cars with a good ol' colt .45, and a hail of shotgun and sniper fire. With a few nasty little surprises for any that get close up, with a tendency to chop limbs off and explode  heads.

Never met a giant killer scorpion-monster the size of a car that I liked :autism:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #7083 on: February 13, 2018, 07:14:03 AM »

That explains a lot.  :M

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7084 on: February 13, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
Booster pain meds, after falling asleep for a good long while. Just woke up in time for star trek-TOS to have started. So took a quick booster dose of oxy and went for a cigar in the ad-break.

(thats one thing I've noticed, for whatever reason, I really don't want to smoke or take nicotine vape if I've not had my pain meds, but the opioid pain meds make me want to smoke cigars like a fucking chimney)

Stretching out on the sofa watching TOS, TNG is on after, And lol the pain meds have given me a helluva case of the munchies. And I've got a (well now half a) big pack of apple turnover pastries, nice and chewy and sweet with a tangy apple filling in the middle. Lots of crispy sugar on top.

And so good that I just can't stop once I start one. And once I have one, then I want more, and more, and more. That pack, is going to be gone within minutes at the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7085 on: February 14, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »

That explains a lot.  :M

I know, right? You're so easy to ignore now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7086 on: February 17, 2018, 07:16:05 AM »
Yep. Still need to take the couple of adrenolytic meds I'm meant to be on..have to FIND the fuckers first.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7087 on: February 21, 2018, 07:39:38 PM »
Antiseizure  meds, yes, just had them, and my morphine, just took a dose of oxycodone 'breakthrough' pain relief. Antibiotics, dextromethorphan, cimetidine and about to take the tizanidine..err.or I would have taken the tizanidine if I knew where it was. Decided to take a few doses of clonidine instead, since they work the same way, although tizanidine is a stronger myorelaxant.

Does a cigar count?:tard:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7088 on: February 21, 2018, 09:49:46 PM »
Might help to keep all (or if impossible, most) of your meds in one place.

I had my meds, a bit late, but within normal time parameters.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7089 on: February 22, 2018, 09:33:32 AM »
I do, well most of them, and there was just a lot of crap on the table, was looking for a couple of pills in a blister strip amid a load of other coffee table junk, plus several cans of coke in various stages of being finished, and a sack of hexamine, and a fair few other meds, since they give me somewhat more than needed of a couple of them and they build up. The muscle relaxers were a couple left over from last weeks script so I decided to finish them off as there were only a few left.

And been having to use a lot of NSAID (diclofenac rx max strength gel since I can't safely
take them by mouth with having stomach issues) and steroid cream, because the plantar fasciitis has been making today hell, causing me no end of pain in my feet, plus take a fair bit of breakthrough pain meds. Although for that anything they can do is somewhat limited; I think I'm going to need the doctor to inject my feet with steroids.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:45:22 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7090 on: February 22, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
I did, yes.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7091 on: February 26, 2018, 04:02:39 PM »
Some of them.

Didn't take either the pramipexole, hyoscine butylbromide quat salt, the tizanidine (well I did a very small amount of tizanidine), didn't use the diclofenac gel or steroid cream, haven't yet taken the vitamin
supplement, didn't take any ondansetron, or the low-dose version of the XR morphine caps, the 10mg ones.

Mostly used oxy for pain management today, along with the stomach trouble med cimetidine to
extend the half life. One shot of 200mg intramuscular morphine has lasted me the day with a few oxy snorted when I woke up so they acted quickly and make sure I didn't go into withdrawal on waking up and first taking pain meds.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7092 on: February 26, 2018, 05:38:14 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7093 on: February 26, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »
Shit, I almost forgot.

Edit: taken.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:49:12 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7094 on: February 27, 2018, 05:06:17 AM »
Doughnuts count as medication and I'm sticking to that :P

Toasted shite on a burger bun...I'm pretty sure I just overdosed several times over. *eyes roll back in his head and starts to foam nutella and vanilla cream filling at the mouth whilst blaspheming in aramaic*

*belches out a prayer to Moloch from both ends at once*

Ah, and my prayers are answered...an antidote...mmm nice fresh giant mangoes, juicy and squishy and gooey and very, very ripe.