Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 104116 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7065 on: January 06, 2018, 09:45:18 AM »
I've always looked on ADD/ADHD as the second being a type of the former, including hyperactivity (of course there are likely to be things like proteomic/mRNA transcription, epigenetic differences as not, different mutations in dopamine transporters and what have you) but the end result is the same. Both kinds have shitty attentional span, and one kind also runs around into your room at 4 in the morning screaming until eventually you grab him by the neck, walk to his room at the school you both attend and THROW him onto his bed, telling him if he comes back that night, he won't have a neck anymore to grab.

If there is a pure inattentive type, a hyperactive-inattentive type....what is the combined type?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7066 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »
ADHD - inattentive type.
ADHD - hyperactive type.
ADHD - combined type, both inattentive and hyperactive.

Inattentive type sucks balls because it is really hard to get motivated and get things done. Sometimes I wish for a little bit of hyperactivity in myself.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7067 on: January 08, 2018, 04:27:41 AM »
IMO the 'combined type' ought to be shitcanned. there is the 'AD' in both the hyperactive and nonhyperactive types. The only difference is the hyperactivity in one lacking in the other, at least phenotypically. If you have ADD then you aren't hyper, but just inattentive, if its ADHD then you are hyperactive and have, by the very wording of the term itself, attentional deficit. The third 'type' is redundant.

I know how you feel about the inattentive type. Real nuisance too when you got to go make your own meds for it and its a nightmare effort if you run out to go do it :P

Although once I get IN the lab...then damn...I can be as hyper as a squirrel on crack. And then some.

Beginning to take my meds. Just got refill, haven't had time to take each and every one needed out of the ones given. One of them I'm thinking of ditching next time I contact my doc, and I'm trying to get through on the phone atm to get  consult with him about the memantine, so I'll mention it as soon as I remember

Taken pain meds first thing of course, then antiseizure business, now its time to go play fallout-tactics :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:37:02 AM by Lestat »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7068 on: January 08, 2018, 05:57:19 AM »
I may not be hyper physically, but in my head I sure am, that's the H in my ADHD.

Going to take night meds soon.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7069 on: January 08, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7070 on: January 08, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »
LOL Renster, if you only could but guess at the way ideas shoot round my head...the cranial 'chemistry-to-do-list' is less of a printout and more like a pinball machine connected to a .50 caliber browning autocannon thats had a sorta  canted slope machined into the feed bit of the breech, like one can do with a mac.10 or uzi to make it fire faster. even going to sleep I get too many ideas too fast to ever try and write down, its like a  big long line of miniguns firing at maximum speed; half-inch shell casings bouncing off the ground.

And people wonder why auties have fucked up sleep cycles this thing in my head just will NOT shut the fuck up, short of chemically being forced into submission, the equivalent of a shotgun held against its face and somebody behind their kneeling figure bearing a drain-pipe, a hungry ferret and wearing the sort of sickly, nasty kind of smile only smole by somebody who makes a career out of knifing little old ladies at night in back alleys with broken glasss shards wrapped partially in string and duct tape, and said smile, when smole, missing multiple, yellowing teeth each one as evil looking as their owner, and each saying 'I see that nose that you've got there...for so long as you do exactly as you are told to do and keep your mouth firmly shut, you may nod, quietly, if you understand. Once and once only.....the kind of smile that the bastard-child of tony blair and a rattlesnake might smile just before it is about to strike out at and subsequently devour a sewer rat; a nice, juicy sewer rat.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7071 on: January 08, 2018, 09:14:41 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few autistics to not have a fucked up sleep cycle. I go to bed at a very abnormal 9pm and get up when I need to.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7072 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:14 AM »
Lol. Our Renster's a fuckedup freakazoid :D You NOT having a fucked up sleep cycle makes you a fucked up autie/aspie :autism:

We still wuv ya though :)

My sleep cycle is...well...no, on second thought it just, quite simply, isn't. I have about as much of a sleep cycle as I have a sodding menstrual cycle.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7073 on: January 09, 2018, 03:52:19 AM »
I don't have a sleep cycle either, really, just enforced wakeups. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7074 on: January 23, 2018, 12:00:31 AM »
LOL that is exactly how I'd put it, in reference to my 'sleep cycle' (said  single-quotes intended to indicate kassi S-level ubersnark :LOL1:) enforced wakeup. That is it to a capital (for anybody who wakes me up it isn't altogether unthinkable for it to be capital at least)''fuck off I wanna go back to bed''. With up-yours-bells on it.

Meds-only a tiny fraction, a small dose of oxycodone. Since its 6:01 AM right now. At the time of writing this sentence.

Have had early antiseizure med (chlormethiazole)
About to have early morning morphine shot and one of the two adrenergic release blockers (neither beta- nor alpha-blockers, alpha2 agonists in either case), plus a squirt of xylometazoline (locally acting nasal decongestant liquid applied as a topical spray or drops up the nose) up each nostril, because of the cold I'm pretty sure I have. Albeit one I can thankfully only feel the respiratory tract-located nasty effects thereof.

Does endogenous opioidergic neuropeptides and dopamine released as a consequence of great anticipation/desire and assuming fulfillment, of delight, owing to awaiting some lab glassware coming in my mail, just like a little kid waiting for xmas morning to come and to go and dive into the pile of gifts Santa left him/her, wearing their little kiddy-size hazmat suit and SCBA facial protection/skin protection and breathing gear, count as 'meds' ?

Because Santa has already left some of Lestat's gifts the other day, (not counting his rotavap which already came a while back), along with some of his xmas reagents...but he's still waiting for more glassware, and he'll be high as a kite in that special way only us spazzes ever get to feel just from seeing that he has one of the packages of glassware items arrive, knowing there are goodies inside, but due to many, many orders of lab glass, not knowing what, so even knowing what is in there generally, it'll still be a lovely surprise :D

(lol, spazzy or what...I know...I know...but yesterday when such a package came, a big blue, heavy crate chock full of lovely brand new borosilicate glass items of various kinds and some freebie bits and pieces from the seller, plus another, paper-wrapped parcel delivered by courier far later in the day, evening in fact, than I had even thought a possibility, in both cases I must confess, I actually actively avoided letting myself see what the customs label said on the import form, just so I'd have that kind of spazzy special surprise when I hurriedly whipped out the short blade on my swiss army knife (an xmas gift itself actually, a good quality (victorianox) one too) and carefully, without looking at the label on the top to make sure I never read it, sliced through the packing tape and opened my crate of glassware. And did the same, carefully, to the paper-wrapped parcel of reagents which were delivered to me; again, just to make sure that opening up the packages inside, unwrapping protective styrofoam, bubblewrap, packing tape etc. let me have that big fat juicy 'eeeeeeeeeeeee' (think of that as the sound percieved mentally on first setting eyes on each item within said crate and packages) factor-spawned big warm fluffy blanket-all-over rush. Like a crack-head who just discovered a gigantic meteorite fallen from space, only composed entirely of 100% pure freebase cocaine encased in a reentry heat-proof shell designed to deposite the contents unharmed and at room temperature with the push of a button. In their case, several times their bodyweight in the world's best cocaine freebase.

Only better, and designed for an autie rather than a crack-head :tard:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:22:16 AM by Lestat »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7075 on: January 29, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
Most of them. Didn't take the 10mg morphine capsules, bar one, of my morphine script, so just adapted by taking less of the higher doses, since the 10s are meant to be on repeat but for some reason an antibiotic appeared (erythromycin) that shouldn't have been on repeat, for obvious reasons. And whilst I'm having the docs fix it, I decided to keep this last course of erythro and not take it, because I already KNOW my immune system is squirrely. And I'm prone to bacterial infection, so I'm just going to keep it, for whenever there is another threat by an organism responsive to it. I'm not about to just start taking it on a repeat basis just because the docs put it on a script and handed it out, don't want to go and breed some nasty-ass resistant bacterial strain. After the course has ended, and the one I had been taking to kill an infection only has a couple of tablets to go I've got myself some probiotic yoghurt culture drinks to kickstart my gut flora in a beneficial way, give the otherwise beneficial bugs down there in my insides a reboot if that makes sense after exposure to something that'll likely nuke them too.

Now...to stick on a horror movie, take my top-up pain meds (IR oxy), and a capsule of the antiseizure med, and stick fallout-tactics on the laptop and after pickpocketing the good bits that aren't essential from the surgeon/medic, whilst I scoff donuts and premium jellybeans with lots of different exotic flavours, sup on a pear/lychee and apple juice mixture in a big carton of fresh juice and go blow some heads off,  with the nice new mil-spec automatic combat shotgun carried by two of my troops, and the lead, the personal character you create for yourself in the fallout games, who unlike hirelings/companions cannot be allowed to die without losing the game completely, is locked and loaded to the eyeteeth with man-shredder flechette shells loaded with a razor-sharp swarm of darts instead of ordinary buckshot, that whilst they aren't so good against heavily armored enemies, against those with no armor, or with lightweight protection, they have something like a 60-70% enhanced lethality vs buckshot. And not at all infrequently, especially with an aimed shot, which these tactical assault riot-shotguns can do in all but one of the types, to something sensitive will leave the enemy not as a dead body, but a pile of pink squelchy mulch to sift through to bag the property they had on them, like healing items to loot, weapons, ammunition, currency, combat drugs, radiation protection drugs and radiation-sickness prevention drugs, plus unneeded excess weapons to sell back at the bases for better gear, more grenades, better armor as it becomes available and eventually the nice juicy stuff like solid slug shotgun shells, light squad machineguns, to plasma grenades, laser and plasma rifles, gauss weapons (hehe tactics apparently even has a gauss MINIGUN available, albeit a weapon that uses a lot of rare ammo in a single burst, has one of the longest ranges of weapons in the game and even a single gauss PISTOL shot is good for long-range one-shot instant kill hits that punch through armor like a hellfire missile through bog roll, with the bigger, beefier gauss rifle being a single-shot per trigger pull type weapon with a massive range, and is more or less considerable as a big bugger of an upgrade for service in the capacity as a sniper rifle, and the gauss minigun...thats what you want when your facing down with a huge squad of heavily armored hard-case enemies all packing heavy and extremely dangerous weaponry, and you want an entire enemy squad reduced to the consistency of milkshake with one spray of bullets.

Along with goodies like flamethrowers (short range, very high damage, propensity for setting enemies on fire doing damage continuously, or with a critical hit just immolating them and reducing them to a pile of ashes on the ground) and grenade launchers in both hand-cannon and even a large pistol style grenade launcher weapon. The uses of which should be obvious. Whoomp-SPLAT!-enough said. And even now, the squad has a couple of antitank mines stashed just in case something very nasty needs doing by way of a booby-trap being set for a pursuer to set off while they open a door to chase you (in game description 'will blow a medium-sized vehicle several meters into the air') or planted in corridors, firing a bullet somewhere to make sure they  hear your shooter and give chase, after they have first stealthily sneaked up, planted the landmine, and just popped off a couple of rounds of some cheap ass ammunition to attract attention and bring the bugger you want to get rid of chasing after you and have them step on the landmine and end up as a torso-half surrounded by gooey stuff and a satisfyingly terminal rain of limbs. Or for really tough creatures, maybe enemies wearing powered armor that manage to survive the blast, to bring their health down low enough to finish them off with something like a .44 magnum slug to the head or two, hail of shotgun blasts, machinegun or laser pistol fire, or even close in with somebody hiding in a side alleyway to get out behind  them and slam them in the eyesockets with a chainblade or something like the souped-up cattle prod modified to be a deadly and quiet melee weapon that does horrendous amounts of damage, or just outright bursts an enemy like a stepped-on overripe tomato :P

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7076 on: February 09, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
Saw  a dr, because i needed another seizure 'rescue pack' and the doc also gave me 21 (I had told I needed NINE), plus a 10-capsule rescue pack of chlormethiazole. So, some of those extras, I've been able to use just to get me to sleep (they are mainly meant in lower doses as an anxiolytic, for alcohol tapers due to its unique features on alcohol metabolism, and for a sleeping pill) and keep me there.) About to go stick my blindfold on and then get some rest for the day) :)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7077 on: February 09, 2018, 06:05:50 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7078 on: February 09, 2018, 09:18:56 PM »
Was not going to take any dexamphetamine (I'm rationing them because I don't have a doctor's appointment until the 19th) until I realised I'm driving today.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7079 on: February 12, 2018, 06:13:23 AM »
If you need assistance ren, PM me. We could come to an arrangement (I'd be happy to, for you, work on that at only the cost incurred to me in the actual getting from point A to point B, since you are someone I count as a most valued friened), it'd  be racemic  amphetamine, or if you preferred, racemic either meth- or N-ethylamphetamine. I'm quite partial, out of the three, to N-ethylamphetamie in particular if I had to pick a favourite, although I'm not huge on speed to begin with, for me its a means to an end, I.e the occasionally employed means of giving myself a bit of an extra kick up the bum'ole, for the kinds of times where I've slept little, am shattered, and yet have to shove through that barrier with everything I have to achieve a goal of some nature, and it isn't negotiable. Or testing product after chemical purity testing, to give it the final 'lestat's seal of PERSONAL approval' quality-wise. 'if it ain't lestat, it can kiss hell's own twat', so to speak.

A sort of good faith gesture, in that I'd not have someone else, anyone else, use something I was myself not willing to put enough trust and good faith in the provenance thereof to taste it myself in a fully active dose.

Anyhow, if you need...information..on the stuff, your friendly neighborhood witchdoctor is in the house. For you, he'll even get out his scrying bowl and consult the isomer-fairy and see if problems cannot be resolved and 'dat shaman fella tell 'em lazy laevo-fairies to piss orf' :) Indeed a one-step reduction is possible, of something, to directly give the primary amine; the 'something' could bee had easily and the reductant gotten. Need more of that particular reducing agent anyhow. Or, without it, could still get to that end, by means of a two or three step process, ending with first, formation of an intermediate ketoxime, isolation and dessication of the purified oxime after preparing phenylacetone, then employing the Beauveault-Blanc reduction, vis a vis sodium metal, added slowly to a solution of the ketoxime in anhydrous ethanol under an inert gas blanket, with little chips added until sufficient molar quantity of sodium has  been added.

Oxime is a little  glorpy and difficult to crystallize, but thats no matter. Even oximes that are pure can be bastardly difficult to crystallize, even after vacuum distillation. So it can bee far more facile to purify as best can be (oximes as a rule are very, very, very poorly soluble to absolutely insoluble in cold water and phenylacetone oxime is no exception) as the oxime, vac distill etc. and then submit it to the Beauveault-Blanc reduction and perform more cleansing and vac distillations on the final desired item rather than trying to crystallize oxime that has been cleaned but is still obstinately refusing to crystallize.

So, if you need any..know how...let me know via PM what you need to know and your friendly witchdoctor shall consult the spirits of his medicine bag and see what they say. He has a feeling they are in a friendly mood, of late, the way the bone through his nose is wiggling from side to side rather than up and down :autism: