Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 104167 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7035 on: October 31, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
I did take my meds, yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7036 on: November 01, 2017, 06:37:33 AM »
Pain meds, yes, can't remember the status of the others, not all  of them at least. About to take the overload-proofing (well resistance-aid, even if it isn't 100% immunity to the bastards) now (clonidine)

Got to wait a little to take the muscle relaxers IMO since they make me very sleepy a lot of the time, and I've to clean up a lot of lab stuff after I've finished eating, drinking, taking meds and viewing a few posts on forums, replying to somebody's PM elsewhere, etc. As well as later, going vacuum pump shopping.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7037 on: November 01, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
Since I forget to take my pills in the morning I've started taking them at night.  We'll see how that works with controlling what they're prescribed for.

:2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7038 on: November 01, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »
Just woke up with the pain med tank dry as an islamic nun's twat, so just had a dose of oxy.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7039 on: November 15, 2017, 04:27:47 PM »
I did indeed.

Just had antiseizure and pain meds, cimetidine, and a few sips from a bottle of robitussin dry cough mixture (I decided recently to trial it for the purpose of working on lessening my tolerance to my pain meds, as the active metabolite of the cough remedy, dextromethorphan, something called dextrorphan is an NMDA receptor antagonist, and many other such compounds possessing like activity, have strongly suppressive effects on development of opioid (and amphetamine too, although I am in no likelihood of developing any tolerance to that, I don't use it nearly so frequently as for that to be possible; a useful and not unpleasant tool now and again but thats all it is, a means of things getting done, although I'd like to give low dose (something like between 5 and 15mg rac-amphetamine, 20 at most) 3xdaily, or less if at the upper extent of that dose range.)

Considering it, in low-end therapeutic dose range for my awful attentional span, which is really making it difficult to concentrate, always have been that way to some extent but its been making itself felt more, the older I get. Although it'll take a bit of calculating to get things right, in that I both arrive at a dosage which is sufficient to provide benefit, but that doesn't interfere, or prove too in-your-face, or give me any uncomfortable peripheral adrenergic side effects, jitteriness etc., the calculating would be because I've sod all chance of even SEEING anybody about it, or being taken seriously, much less getting a script for dexamphetamine, although I'd prefer that, whats available to me is racemic (D/L-amphetamine, both isomers in a nominally equal mixture) and its the dextrorotatory isomer which possesses pretty much all the focus-enhancing properties with the peripheral effects on noradrenaline largely due to the laevo-rotatory isomer ; although separation of the two is possible, by virtue of the fact that D- and L-isomers of amines like that selectively crystallize with the corresponding stereoisomers of chiral acids, such as the one usually used for such enantiomeric resolution, D-tartaric acid, dexamphetamine would form a salt with D-tartaric acid, and L-amphetamine with L-tartaric acid, and the naturally sourced, most easily available tartaric acid is chirally pure, as are many natural products, so in this case baking supplies (for the tartaric acid) would actually be the superior option, surprisingly enough; I've heard quite a few reports of large chemical supply houses supplying tartaric acid STATED to be either dextro- or laevorotatory, and in fact sometimes it not even been optically active at all, I.e the advertised D-tartaric acid, which scientists and chemists of all stripes would be wanting to, often as not, use for such chiral resolution, which depends on the optical properties, and which enantiomer of tartaric acid one has, either one would work, D- or L-tartaric acid, by either removing the D-tartrate from the D/L racemic mixture and leaving behind the laevo-amine, or doing it the opposite way around, but supplying a racemic mixture of BOTH isomers makes it utterly and completely useless unless somebody wanted to go over it grain by grain with a polariscope, fine tweezers and a microscope (or a microscope with a polarizing filter built into the lens. Wouldn't mind something like that as an option for my microscope, not that I plan on tweezering out crystal by tiny crystal, D- from L-tartaric acid from an unsuccessful crap-shoot at a commercial product from a chemicals supply house using a crossed pair of polarizing filters from a calculator liquid crystal  display)

As for the laevo crap, that can just go, or be recycled somehow. Made up into a dilute solution and used as  nasal decongestant/to dry out running noses as drops since it is good for little other.

In the meantime....time for my steak prescription, as written by Dr Lestat, and handed over by his secretary, a Mr.Emptystomach, who, for some reason, seemed most insistent that I collect my prescription quickly and start taking my medicine as soon as possible.                                                                               

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #7040 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
I taking my meds right now.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7041 on: November 16, 2017, 12:51:09 PM »
The PR  :thumbup:
Me  -    I found out I feel a little better when I take them before bed.  So, not until tonight.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7042 on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Picked up refill earlier this morning, ended up taking them slightly late, since the dr surgery I pick the rx slips up from opens at 8am and I woke up at about half 8 (didn't sleep much at all last night, despite taking a strong sleeping pill, after tossing and turning and generally feeling like shite. In the end I added some clonidine, gabapentin, some strong muscle relaxants and extracted the dihydrocodeine from several packs of OTC dihydrocodeine/paracetamol tabs. They are only low dose, the non-rx ones, but its easily separable from the APAP so as to make it safe to use in a dose sufficient to actually have any effect greater than more or less placebo.)

took antiseizure med first thing, as well as some oxy (a bit extra of the latter this morning, as my bursitis had been making me thoroughly miserable yesterday and last night, couldn't find any comfortable position at all, and with it being the last day before my meds were due for refilling, meant I'd nothing but those crappy paramol OTC pills that I keep in reserve to do an extraction on in emergencies like that. So finally getting some pain relief...manna from heaven, actually being able to sit/lie down/stand without feeling like somebody was hammering red hot nails into my hips, whilst my iffy knee screamed along in sympathy with the cursed little fuckers.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7043 on: November 20, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »
Yeah, I took my meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7044 on: November 21, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
A small dose of oxycodone just a moment ago, morphine shot a little bit longer ago, should probably take my antiseizure med now, which I've just done, don't want anything going tits up when I'm working in the lab.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7045 on: November 21, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
Random note I found from WolFish scrawled in the margin of some writing: "You know you have ADHD when you drink the water and realize you should have taken the pill first."

:laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7046 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
Raxy, I read that and couldn't help but think 'Awww, thats really sweet as a reminder of him for raxy' :)

I hope thats how it came across when you found it, rather than calling forth pain to your heart, at least.

Reminds me, still need to take some cimetidine and a couple of zanaflex (tizanidine, a muscle relaxer that blocks noradrenaline release. To help with the contraction problem caused by the nerve damage to my fucked up leg, and as a bonus it helps a LOT with overstimulation)

And whilst I'm at it, just remembered I forgot my pramipexole today. Might as well take a couple of those now (a dopamine receptor agonist, D2/D3 preferring IIRC with some D4 receptor partial agonism), helps stop my getting RLS. Because RLS just sucks dog scrotum and shits it out in theresa may-shaped turds :P

Although I don't tend to bother with water etc. to wash down the pills. I seem, according to nurses and hospital DRs at times I've had a whole load of pills to swallow, to be able to swallow enough dry for them to comment on it and give me funny looks after, especially if I've been thirsty at the time and drank the water first. Doesn't bother me swallowing them without a drink,  even if its a whole great handful of different daily meds.

And two in particular I actively prefer not to, one being nitrazepam (mogadon, a benzodiazepine sleeping pill, on the odd times I use it) because those have a nice sweetish minty taste to them, and the other, my antiseizure med, the chlormethiazole, that comes in gelcaps of the freebase, and they cause a funky but rather pleasant heating/burn sensation in the throat when they burst open after swallowing them, but they don't do it if the gelcaps are chased down with water. Maybe that is weird, but, well, I couldn't give a tinker's twatflap if that does make me weird; I already KNEW that much :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7047 on: November 22, 2017, 12:49:12 PM »
Random note I found from WolFish scrawled in the margin of some writing: "You know you have ADHD when you drink the water and realize you should have taken the pill first."

:laugh:

:rofl:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7048 on: November 22, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
just quickly had my seizure med and a morphine shot; about to follow up with cimetidine and tizanidine, now I've finished drying a little wee project of mine under vacuum. Although there is still the small matter of a vac distillation to do also. But first...american dad needs to be finished with my watching it.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7049 on: December 04, 2017, 04:21:15 PM »
Pain meds (well, two out of three, CBF with one one), seizure meds, adrenal suppressant and cimetidine (a stomach med) plus some gaviscon and a squirt of nasal decongestant (the adrenal suppressant causes nasal congestion sometimes). About to take evening seizure med and some of the as-needed additional oxy I was scripted a while back for the whole nearly getting my cornea melted off with a high-pressure jet of boiling alkali thing.

Although I need to FIND the seizure meds first. Got a backup if I can't, but its rather more of a heavy duty sleeping pill, and I'd rather not use that stuff, since it can be highly dependence-forming, and for some, psychologically addicted. I'm not prone to the latter, with sleeping pills, but it'll get anybody physically and drag them to hell by the balls given a chance. So that only gets regularly used a couple of days in any one week consecutively, barring emergency situations, since the backup is a benzo.