Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 104127 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7005 on: October 06, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #7006 on: October 06, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
Almost forgot today again. I was reminded of this joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-9rx2RXx1I

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7007 on: October 09, 2017, 05:54:00 AM »
A couple of them. My old man went out fishing and the damnation-born dr's clinic hadn't done my scripts so I had to wait an hour and a half, and take the bike. I really CBF going all the way up to the one pharmacy round here that stocks my antiseizure med, its cold and its a fair way and my joints were hurting. I could afford to wait though, because I still have a prescription for nitrazepam, a strong benzodiazepine sedative-hypnotic/anxiolytic, thats for some reason on repeat, I only asked my doc for it temporarily during a time of extreme and unavoidable stress but for some reason they added it to my repeats and I've had access to it ever since. Its in the same family as valium/diazepam, the go-to emergency anticonvulsant, and is both long acting and very potent indeed. I only use it a couple of days a week, in higher doses than the 2xdaily prescribed, when really needed. That way no dependence develops, which it certainly would do if I were to take it daily. That way it serves as an emergency knockout, or to deal with the fall-out should for some reason, the shit hit the fan. And in this case, took a couple of tablets of the nitrazepam since like its relatives diazepam/valium and lorazepam, it too shares in the same anticonvulsant properties as they do.

Other than that just took my oxy. About to go and take my morning morphine shot. Then, finally, hopefully at least, the throbbing ache in my right knee will sod off. Both knees come to think of it. And my right knee is meant to be the good one. Damn cold weather seems to make them act up.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7008 on: October 09, 2017, 07:00:59 AM »
Morphine done (half or so of it), time to go finish up and take the other half.

With any luck it might dim my perception of the revolting acidic-metallic sort of sweaty nasty ass stink emanating from an erlenmeyer flask in the kitchen. Not looking forward to having to work THAT up too much. Blleech! It does seem a little bit less bothersome though since I had my morning morphine shot. Still stinks though and I don't want to go in there, much less spend the time to cook something for breakfast. I think I'll go to the shop and buy something to eat and drink that are ready to consume without any cooking, because that iron-acid reduction post-reaction fluid is nasty and the black, thick glorp left behind in the filter funnel stinks even worse.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7009 on: October 09, 2017, 10:38:20 AM »
The PR  :thumbup:
Me  :thumbdn:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7010 on: October 09, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »
Picked up the rest of my meds, the antiseizure and stomach meds, plus muscle relaxers and adrenal blockers (not beta blockers, those make me feel like shite on a turd filled anus-bun with a squirt of pre-eaten mustard diarrhea on top. And I fucking hate mustard. I had surplus muscle relaxers and the noradrenergic release inhibitor left from last script refill so that could wait. Old man gof home from fishing just in time to wake me up to catch part of an episode of trek-TOS that I'd seen before and then watch voyager after that finished. And then decided it was time to eat, and got me a burger, that I didn't have to pay for. Which, seeing as I'm going to need almost £900 to pay for the rotavap I so badly want, is most welcome indeed.

Mmmmm...the thought of having that brand new rotavap on my lab bench, vacuum pump hooked up (if it hasn't an integral one)...its a 1-liter flask capacity one, not huge, although I could afford, just, I think, maybe a 2 liter one instead..will have to do some consulting and see how adaptable they are with some fellow chemists of certain specialities and proclivities, to see how adaptable they are, and see if its a simple part swap that would let me use different flask sizes, or a heating bath size or what, because if its, as I figure most likely, the size of the heating bath, I could mod that myself and have several, swappable ones on something like a rotating tray with movable electrical contacts, if the attachment point just takes as standard, any 24/40 joint taper and length flask neck and seals to that then modifying shouldn't be difficult. I'd love to make a microwave modification for it too, so I could rotavap things under microwave irradiation whilst simultaneously subjecting the flask contents to vacuum distillation. Oh boy, I'd be the slavering, drooling envy of chemist hobbyists everywhere, clandestine and otherwise. for a DIY mod like that.

I've seen some nifty arse MW oven hacks before, including one that had been altered to stand on its side, so its longest axis pointed up-down rather than sideways, and had a hole bored in the top, so a flask could be placed within the MW cavity, a condenser and other accoutrements attached to the condenser, running outside the MW, with dual coolant feed lines running in past the shielding and even a MW modified to be a dual-purpose MW-photoreactor hybrid. *que lestat just getting another idea for potential doings with that rotavap's still pot section......a microwavable, photoreactor-whilst-microwavable and ideally if possible, automatic temperature control feedback with facilities for either standard condensers to fit the flask neck joint size designed for (24/40, which is what the vast majority of my glassware is in, and my preferred size generally aside from the likes of 5ml, 10ml etc. micro- and ultramicroscale glassware of course where such a joint size would mean the joints themselves are of much larger capacity than the actual flasks) or, same fitting size and attachment for a dry-ice condenser circulating dry ice-acetone-dimethyl ether type mixtures or even liquid nitrogen perhaps. That, would be, to use the vernacular 'kick bloody well arse and then some' (and, not that it'd be my aim, but probably drive my fellow bees green with envy)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7011 on: October 17, 2017, 12:13:38 AM »
About to take second dose of dex for the day. Thanks for reminding me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7012 on: October 17, 2017, 01:08:58 AM »
Might join you in that later, ren, although It'll have to be racemic amphetamine rather than dex, since I cannot for the life of me be bothered on this scale to attempt resolution of the optical isomers and separate out the D-amphetamine from the laevo-isomer. For a bigger batch, sure but not on a small scale (although that said, given that the resources for this particular quantity were of unknown concentration and discovered by chance, and as such, excess iron and acid had to be used for the nitroalkane reduction and that it is still dissolved in solvent being dried before extraction into acidified, anhydrous alcohol there is no telling really how much there actually is dissolved in said solvent, so asking the person who made it... would be of no use, only seeing it myself and weighing it would tell me how much there is, once..the maker of it..extracts it and crystallizes it, cleans it, recrystallizes it etc. and the final test of quality would be one's nasal passages after in-vitro analyses that they would of course have done once it is extracted, crystallized and cleaned. And besides AFAIK they don't have the chiral acids needed to perform an enantiomeric resolution and separate out the worthless L-amphetamine, unless they were to try and use a chiral amino-acid, although they've never done that before to the best of my knowledge...

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7013 on: October 17, 2017, 05:56:54 AM »
I'm sure glad I don't have to make mine! Just $5.60 for 200 pills.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7014 on: October 17, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7015 on: October 18, 2017, 05:31:22 AM »
Thats pretty cheap. Bet those could be sold on the black market for that much each here. Typically its about £10/g as powder in this country, at least, so I'm told..
But the purity is very variable and the quality can be as poor as 10% by weight, which is pretty shitty IMO. And definitely NOT good enough.

Although if I could get it on rx then it actually wouldn't cost me anything directly, because I'm entitled to free prescriptions, which is just as well or almost all my income, after rent, would have to go on those, and its over £8 an item, in fact I don't think I could afford both the meds and the rent otherwise, and thats ignoring food entirely, let alone anything for myself.

And this thread just reminded me, I need to take some of my meds (cimetidine, a small top up of oxy and chlormethiazole.)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7016 on: October 18, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
I did, yes. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7017 on: October 18, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7018 on: October 18, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »
Took mine. Mustn't forget afternoon meds.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7019 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:24 AM »
Just remembered to take mine. Had to wait a while, because I had a gas mask and goggles on my face, over my mouth, blast shield down over the top and elbow-length gloves, and had been working with concentrated acid (H2SO4, 98-99%), as well as been busy preparing a solution of anhydrous isopropanolic HCl to crystallize something. Hopefully now all I need do is dry some acetone over sodium carbonate that has been freshly baked anhydrous over the oven flame for a while and then after filtering off the drying agent and re-drying for reuse, dilute the ~20ml isopropanol with a larger quantity of dry acetone to crash out my project as snow-white crystals:)

So I could only take my pain  meds, since my mouth and nose were blocked, and I didn't want to have to strip off all my protective gear just to swallow a few pills and then have to put it all back on again, its annoying having to do that. And if you happen to get an itch on your nose or face, it is REALLY annoying!