Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 122600 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7155 on: May 14, 2018, 06:18:01 AM »
I've taken some, not taken others, some I don't need atm, others I either have had or just hadn't got round to it yet.

Figure I'll take those right after I skin up a sneaky spliff, although I'm already pretty blazed today from spending the last two days smoking through a generous proportion of a half oz of skunk (got an over-weight bag too, by another 3g or so, so I'm not complaining. And I've been hearing talk of some potential charlie for 30 the gram. At that price of course I'll have to recrystallize it and make sure its pure and the cuts have been removed.

Smoked up more than 3/4 of the bag, and it STILL looks like there are more than 3 street 8ths in this half oz, the connect I used is well regarded by his dealer, so I got another 3g chucked in free. Sorted my guy out a good few smokes worth though, since he went out of his way to help me out, when I wasn't feeling very well and had trouble walking, still, came out on top in terms of the merchandise and pricing. And I should be able to get ounces for £100 soon too when my connect's crop buds. (an 8th generally goes for £20 on the street here  so thats damn good pricing.

That counts as medicine too, right now, since yesterday I've had a really sore, aching back, a lot of muscle tension in my lower back, and theres nothing like a healthy dose of vitamin THC to send that nasty aching back to hell from whence it came :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7156 on: May 14, 2018, 06:57:15 AM »
I did. My meds are in a chest of drawers and whenever I open the drawer with my meds in, Kira the kitten gets curious. He hasn't jumped right in, just put his front paws up on the edge while his back feet are on the end of my bed. He's so adorable.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7157 on: May 14, 2018, 12:21:37 PM »
I did, yes. Plus, I finally remembered to renew some prescriptions.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7158 on: May 24, 2018, 04:45:47 AM »
By the time I remembered to take my morning meds, it was too late to take them.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7159 on: May 24, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »
Yes. For today at least I'm a productive member of society.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7160 on: May 27, 2018, 06:30:40 PM »
Yes!  Can’t function without that Vicodin each day.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7161 on: May 28, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
Yes, both my regular rx meds, plus managed to fill a script from the hospital for some pain meds twice over, after being left with an extra copy of the script by accident on their part.

Just taken 30mg  IR oxycodone (intranasally), and I think I'm about to prescribe myself a large tub of ice cream all to myself, to be taken as a single dose, as an antidote to this infernal heat. And quite likely also going to write myself a prescription for a 24-pack crate of cold beer too, directions 'take three to four bottles by mouth, every ten minutes until the irritability and the heat subside.  Take by mouth only'

Right now, I've an appointment to see one Dr.Lestat Rett, and that will be just what the good Dr. ordered today=D.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7162 on: June 03, 2018, 01:50:25 AM »
I woke up at 11am after staying up late and so there was no point in taking my morning meds.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7163 on: June 03, 2018, 09:45:45 PM »
Bordering on too late but I took them anyway.

Will soon run out of moclobemide so a trip to the chemist is warranted.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7164 on: June 04, 2018, 02:17:05 AM »
Might I ask, ren, what does moclobemide feel like, subjectively? on its own, I mean, does it possess the sort of stimulatory effects the irreversible, hydrazine style MAOIs are somewhat known for, I've experienced an MAOI before, although it was in the context of a yage' brew, where an MAOI allows for oral activity of DMT, using a plant admixture to supply both MAOI (in this case, Peganum harmala seed, for the harmaline and harmine as MAOIs, and the root-bark, extracted, of Mimosa hostilis for DMT)

It seems intriguing on its own, certainly the famous yage' vine of souls, Banisteriopsis caapi is well known as 'the light' IIRC amongst curanderos who use ayahuasca, about to go pick my med refill up again in a minute after I throw some clothes over me..

And..back, meds collected, just awaiting their taking effect, thankfully, the overheating I was suffering last night has been quelled by a combination of adrenolytic agents and opioidergics. Bugger me though, my temperature and heart rate had soared, and I was dripping wet sweating bullets, as the noradrenaline release inhibitors wore off and the pain meds wore down to intolerable levels for a while, as is wont to happen if I don't make some...alternative plans, for the wee small hours on the night before I pick up my refill, as by then, I've used everything up, and all meds are at their lowest plasma level possible, generally means I save at least some clonidine, and buy a couple of packs of co-codamol, and perform an extraction to rid them of the paracetamol, or better yet, their dihydrocodeine counterpart, the solubility of either being perfect in water, whilst APAP is nearly insoluble and forms a suspension, which either can be left to settle over time, or when I don't want to bugger about waiting, just grind 'em up, add ice cold water and subject it to vacuum filtration at the aspirator pump, sucks it through in a trice. Although it does mean having to give my nice clean fritted buchners a bath in nitric acid or something similar after to dispose of the residues that cling obstinately, ordinarily I'd use chromic acid, or possibly piranha acid (hydrogen peroxide and sulfuric acid, aka piranha bath, for the vicious tendencies it has and its insane hunger for anything vaguely organic, as well as potential to blow sky high with certain things, such as if idiots try using it to get rid of anything where acetone is present (acetone peroxide formation, in a bath of crazy vicious corrosive etch solution...not pretty, theres just no way a touchy as fuck shock-sensitive primary high explosive with a foul temper and an acid bath can get along, when the two are mixed together.

Its just...even the blind chemist would think 'bugger that for a lark' if they had any sense at all. But it has happened, and when realized, caused faculties to bail out on the area lest it go kablooey after some scmuck goes and ends up dumping liter quantities of acetone into piranha etch, and making enough TATP to blow the building to smithereens and more than enough to potentially detonate at any random time for such trivial reasons as internal stresses in a crystal, or a crystal growing large enough to detonate under its own weight, taking kilogram quantities of TATP with it, and blasting the piranha acid everywhere.

(I read a blog sometimes, and its hilarious the shitups undergrads get into like that. The sort of thing you just start reading and think 'oh this IS gonna end in tears', its like watching it unfold almost.

I especially like the peroxidized ether can in a fridge one, a salutatory lesson in keeping opened cans of ether regularly tested for peroxidation, this thing apparently had been forgotten in some fridge, peroxidized to high hell and back, and literally turned the fridge into a fragmentation bomb, blasting shrapnel made from fridge-bits through the ceiling, with half a fridge stuck in the roof, along with laying waste to the windows, all shattered by the overpressure of the shockwave when, thankfully when nobody was present, the ethylidene peroxide detonated spontaneously and nuked the fridge and lab. Ether peroxides are scary mothers, they form over time, and as little as a few milligrams is enough to shatter a flask and turn it into a storm of razor-edged shrapnel and tear a man to shreds if he be near it when it goes off (which it will, ethers form these peroxides and intermediate hydroperoxides, the latter aren't so bad, relatively speaking, as they deflagrate rather than detonate, but the alkylidene peroxides are INCREDIBLY sensitive, so much so that old cans of ether that get crusty, you NEVER open one, you don't even touch it, you just have to call the bomb squad, because its that shock and motion/friction sensitive, the slightest stress and it'll detonate with extreme violence, whilst solvated in a highly flammable solvent. Peroxides seem to cause a lot of those 'undergrad...issues'. That and tellurium, for its infamous tellurium breath. Something so foul, that people so afflicted, I read, have even taken their own lives after being rendered a complete pariah to anyone other than their fellow tellurium chemists.

Its akin to sweating, pissing, exhaling, shitting etc. and any other excretion methods included, of noxious sulfurous species if these be formed in vivo as a metabolite from something, only with tellurium, the stench is way worse than anything sulfur or even selenium is capable of, and people have, actually ended their own lives because it was that dreadful.

The sulfur version, the mildest possible incarnation, happened to me once, after my seizure med, I'd needed a lot of rescue doses, over several days and its based on a methylated thiazole ring, so something happened to it metabolically speaking, and for about a week to a week and a half, I couldn't walk down the street without people literally turning and running, when they came into about a 100 meter range upwind of me. Sweating it out, pissing it out, even TEAR fluid stank so terribly that even when I went to see a doctor about it, I was obliged to hide in the toilets rather than enter a waiting room, so heinous was the mercaptanesque stench that nobody could tolerate it.

Not much fun to have your nasal fluid impregnated with a hideous reek either haha.

And the chalcogens get worse. Where an oxygenated compound smells fine, the sulfur one often smells bad, sometimes really quite foul, the next chalcogen down, selenium gives rise to worse stenches still, and tellurium is the sort of chemistry you get somebody else to do, because you don't want to absorb the merest few micrograms to milligrams, as if you touch and absorb such a thing, it gets released as volatile alkyl and hydrogen tellurides in small quantities, and these smell so abysmally foul, and are so friggin potent, that a dead man would vomit if brought near them. And its well known for Te chemists to 'leave little presents' in books they take out at unis, the paper  they touch reeks to hell's foulest depths, just from skin contact with minute traces of the organotellurium species. Chemist snark-off might include the term 'tellurium breath' as an insult, so legendary is the abominable reek Te absorption produces. A shame, since it is such a beautiful element, to look at, perhaps the most pretty of them all, bar radioactive glowing, its a metalloid, like silicon, germanium or arsenic, semi-metallic, and brittle rather than bendable, as sulfur is, but natural crystals have a real gorgeous look to them, especially growing off other natural crystal formations, as this intensely silvery white, faceted gem-like material.

Just look at this and tell me you wouldn't, if it had no foul properties, see it as a viable gemstone, albeit one of great delicacy, but surpassing beauty.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7165 on: June 04, 2018, 02:35:27 AM »
It is pretty.

As for moclobemide, I haven't taken it on its own so I don't know how it affects me. I know it's a RIMA and I haven't had any side effects from it which is always a good thing. I have a chronically dry mouth but I put that down to lithium or maybe benztropine. After years of shit mental health I'm doing a lot better these past 5 years. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a knife edge but that feeling passes.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7166 on: June 04, 2018, 03:11:13 AM »
Benztropine would be a classic culprit for drymouth. Antimuscarinics do that. Li, I'm not so sure of, I've never taken it or had anything to do with lithium bar its chemistry of the metal itself and its compounds,

I've experienced no drymouth from a competitive MAOI (aka RIMA) when used for ayahuasca/yage' brews, a traditional ethnobotanical hallucinogenic 'tea' of a sort, although more like a boiled down sludge that tastes fucking awful, but has effects which I found quite similar to psilocybin mushrooms, rather than DMT-like. I have to say it was a bit of a letdown, I'd rather have smoked the DMT that went into it, without the MAOI (beta-carboline harmala alkaloids, present in certain plant species were my source) I've heard of moclobemide being used as an alternative, to avert some of the whole consuming nasty tasting bitter sludge bit that has to be endured, and believe you me some aya brews taste AWFUL, especially ones using syrian rue seed as the MAOI without first extracting the beta-carbolines (essentially think of the beta-carboline ring system as akin to a cyclized tryptamine, and indeed they can be made by cyclizing tryptamine parent compounds, such as with the Pictet-Spengler reaction, the bane of DMT chemists everywhere.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7167 on: June 04, 2018, 03:15:54 AM »
yes I did

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7168 on: June 04, 2018, 04:06:21 AM »
Some of them. First and foremorst, my antiseizure med, painkillers and adrenolytics.

I feel so much more human now, after taking the needed morning meds. Although I've not taken everything, theres still a few pills and capsules to neck or in one case, insufflate (oxycodone IR, I find it better to take the powder within intranasally rather than orally, due to the more rapid onset of effect making it easier to gauge the response and whether more or in future, less is required.

Plus a shot of 420mg morphine sulfate, intramuscularly, which immediately had the welcome additional effect of soothing my frayed nerves from lack of sleep within moments, replacing roasting alive overheating and feeling really twitchy and grumpy and generally miserable with relaxation, dissappearance of the searing fire that is, usually, my hip joints and knee, and an overall psychic 'ahhhhh thats better' feeling. I'll be able to sleep now, after being battered by an adrenal storm for several days and nights on end, which I daresay is MOST uncomfortable, feels like being boiled alive in your own skin, after being filled with fire ants, plus all the foul natured portions of a methamphetamine use, the comedown alone, magnified manyfold, only without the high preceeding it. Just the shitty crash and with 'phet that had been made by a bumbling incompetent twit who wouldn't know his Nagai reduction from his Birch-Benckeser from his reductive aminations and oxime reduction techniques if they clubbed together to buy a bat to wallop him round the nads with in the hope of knocking some sense into his head, so nasty, edgy strung out muck churned out by some GUPchucker halfwitted compulsive masturbator who's idea of best product is something that looks like earwax made by fuckin' well GUPchucking in a Birch with gakked feedstock to boot.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7169 on: June 04, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »
Yes, took the spazz meds, the hyper meds, and the pain meds. Yay me.

- Albert Einstein