Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 84942 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7065 on: January 06, 2018, 09:45:18 AM »
I've always looked on ADD/ADHD as the second being a type of the former, including hyperactivity (of course there are likely to be things like proteomic/mRNA transcription, epigenetic differences as not, different mutations in dopamine transporters and what have you) but the end result is the same. Both kinds have shitty attentional span, and one kind also runs around into your room at 4 in the morning screaming until eventually you grab him by the neck, walk to his room at the school you both attend and THROW him onto his bed, telling him if he comes back that night, he won't have a neck anymore to grab.

If there is a pure inattentive type, a hyperactive-inattentive type....what is the combined type?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7066 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »
ADHD - inattentive type.
ADHD - hyperactive type.
ADHD - combined type, both inattentive and hyperactive.

Inattentive type sucks balls because it is really hard to get motivated and get things done. Sometimes I wish for a little bit of hyperactivity in myself.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7067 on: January 08, 2018, 04:27:41 AM »
IMO the 'combined type' ought to be shitcanned. there is the 'AD' in both the hyperactive and nonhyperactive types. The only difference is the hyperactivity in one lacking in the other, at least phenotypically. If you have ADD then you aren't hyper, but just inattentive, if its ADHD then you are hyperactive and have, by the very wording of the term itself, attentional deficit. The third 'type' is redundant.

I know how you feel about the inattentive type. Real nuisance too when you got to go make your own meds for it and its a nightmare effort if you run out to go do it :P

Although once I get IN the lab...then damn...I can be as hyper as a squirrel on crack. And then some.

Beginning to take my meds. Just got refill, haven't had time to take each and every one needed out of the ones given. One of them I'm thinking of ditching next time I contact my doc, and I'm trying to get through on the phone atm to get  consult with him about the memantine, so I'll mention it as soon as I remember

Taken pain meds first thing of course, then antiseizure business, now its time to go play fallout-tactics :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:37:02 AM by Lestat »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7068 on: January 08, 2018, 05:57:19 AM »
I may not be hyper physically, but in my head I sure am, that's the H in my ADHD.

Going to take night meds soon.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7069 on: January 08, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7070 on: January 08, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »
LOL Renster, if you only could but guess at the way ideas shoot round my head...the cranial 'chemistry-to-do-list' is less of a printout and more like a pinball machine connected to a .50 caliber browning autocannon thats had a sorta  canted slope machined into the feed bit of the breech, like one can do with a mac.10 or uzi to make it fire faster. even going to sleep I get too many ideas too fast to ever try and write down, its like a  big long line of miniguns firing at maximum speed; half-inch shell casings bouncing off the ground.

And people wonder why auties have fucked up sleep cycles this thing in my head just will NOT shut the fuck up, short of chemically being forced into submission, the equivalent of a shotgun held against its face and somebody behind their kneeling figure bearing a drain-pipe, a hungry ferret and wearing the sort of sickly, nasty kind of smile only smole by somebody who makes a career out of knifing little old ladies at night in back alleys with broken glasss shards wrapped partially in string and duct tape, and said smile, when smole, missing multiple, yellowing teeth each one as evil looking as their owner, and each saying 'I see that nose that you've got there...for so long as you do exactly as you are told to do and keep your mouth firmly shut, you may nod, quietly, if you understand. Once and once only.....the kind of smile that the bastard-child of tony blair and a rattlesnake might smile just before it is about to strike out at and subsequently devour a sewer rat; a nice, juicy sewer rat.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7071 on: January 08, 2018, 09:14:41 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few autistics to not have a fucked up sleep cycle. I go to bed at a very abnormal 9pm and get up when I need to.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7072 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:14 AM »
Lol. Our Renster's a fuckedup freakazoid :D You NOT having a fucked up sleep cycle makes you a fucked up autie/aspie :autism:

We still wuv ya though :)

My sleep cycle is...well...no, on second thought it just, quite simply, isn't. I have about as much of a sleep cycle as I have a sodding menstrual cycle.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7073 on: January 09, 2018, 03:52:19 AM »
I don't have a sleep cycle either, really, just enforced wakeups. :P
To me it looks like you're saying that banning bombs didn't stop bombs going off therefore there is no point to gun control because it's a mental health issue.