Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 105669 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #6960 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6961 on: August 23, 2017, 11:30:35 AM »
Most of them. Plus an extra dose of morphine, wasn't sure if I'd need it or not, but with my leg really hurting in a way it usually doesn't, along with some muscle weakness, I prefilled a 5ml syringe with a strong morphine solution, sterilized the cap with isopropanol, let it dry, capped it and took it along with me on my mushroom-gathering hike, in case I did need it. Turns out the place was a veritable minefield of mires, steep climbs and steeper drops, mud and stinking bogs. And after realizing quite how hard going it was, it took about 10 minutes, before I ended up realizing it was use the prefilled 'just in case' IM, and top off with a couple of oxycodone IR caps, if I was to keep going at all.

Could've well used some dex myself, ren, although I didn't have enough advance planning done in order to...become in ownership..of some. That said it was pretty damnable hot of a day and wearing a heavy, but shortish and thick leather biker-style/bomber jacket I'm not entirely sure I'd have ended up wanting to take it once I got out there, and started to feel the heat, at least, I'd have wanted to bring some noradrenaline release inhibitor agents with me to drop my body temperature to something more comfortable.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6962 on: August 24, 2017, 05:55:50 AM »
Didn't take my second dose of dex. Still managed to get shopping done though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6963 on: August 25, 2017, 05:01:25 AM »
  Just took some ibuprofen for a little shoulder ache.  Will take the rest soon.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6964 on: August 25, 2017, 06:08:41 AM »
^Wishing your shoulder gets better. :)

Just night meds left for me.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6965 on: August 26, 2017, 03:17:12 AM »
Not yet, but I will, soonish.

Need to do refills, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6966 on: August 26, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
About to and to take my bath.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6967 on: August 26, 2017, 09:15:09 PM »
I have just realised that my benztropine has a "may make you drowsy" sticker on the bottle. And I have been taking it in the morning. Going to switch it to night time and see what happens.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6968 on: August 27, 2017, 04:04:58 AM »
^Wishing your shoulder gets better. :)

Just night meds left for me.

Thank you, it's way better than it was when this first started happening.  :)

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6969 on: August 27, 2017, 04:06:32 AM »
About to and to take my bath.

*wobbles in :cbc:  :bath:  to guard the Royal Bathchamber!*

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6970 on: August 27, 2017, 04:41:19 AM »
 * The bovine lady in waiting whispers in CBC's ears that her Majesty is in for a long soak today. She might need a refill of the cooled down  water. Because the royal towels are not dry yet. *
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6971 on: August 27, 2017, 05:09:00 AM »
* The bovine lady in waiting whispers in CBC's ears that her Majesty is in for a long soak today. She might need a refill of the cooled down  water. Because the royal towels are not dry yet. *

*wobbles in :cbc: to refresh the hot water!*

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6972 on: August 29, 2017, 06:08:13 PM »
All the meds I know of your on Ren, are known sedatives, bar amphetamine. MAOIs can go either way, and its quite dependent upon the MAOI. Never taken an irreversible one, only a RIMA (a mixture of harmine and harmaline, from the seeds of a plant called syrian rue, Peganum harmala, used to render N,N-dimethyltryptamine [DMT] orally active, nasally etc. active as opposed to only when smoked (injection also works although I've never done so, and without a sitter to safely administer a drip, I wouldn't, because of the extreme rapid onset, a few seconds at most, may easily leave one unable to remove a needle before it'd blast the person doing it into hyperspace head-first, or at least what first might be in the context of weird as fuck non-euclidian geometrically orientated, non-minkowski-space environmental conditions:P)

But (and it can change over time) with MAOIs they can act sedatingly in some contexts. Particularly when taken for some time, since monoamine depletion can occur with noradrenaline, where its replaced in synaptic vesicles that would normally carry noradrenaline, by the less stimulatory and less susceptible (AFAIK) to metabolism via MAO-a, related neurotransmitter octopamine, in humans mainly a trace-amine-associated-receptor agonist (TAAR complex, AFAIK a TAAR1 agonist or allosteric modulator) but in arthropods, such as insects, spiders, as well as crustaceans and cephalopoda, octopamine replaces noradrenaline's functions in humans, and functions as a fight/flight response mediator amongst other things. but being less efficient as a stimulant than noradrenaline (in humans) MAO-a inhibitors can become sedating. And some have more sedating character than others. One of the irreversible MAO-a inhibitors, tranylcypromine is an amphetamine analog, with a cyclopropyl (could be cyclopropylmethyl, forget which off the top of me head) group in place of methyl at the alpha carbon of amphetamines. (cyclopropane, and groups derived from it are much more reactive than typical alkanes, and cyclopropyl groups too are more reactive than n-propyl or isopropyl because the cyclopropane/cyclopropyl group is under significant ring strain)

And it has significant stimulant effects, especially to begin with, according to my reading.  Never taken it though, primarily because of the long duration of time in which very carefully, quite severe dietary restrictions must be adhered to, and potentially lethal interactions with some meds, particularly stimulants (combining irreversible MAO-a inhibitor type MAOIs is an absolute no-no NEVER mix type combination, that has some really ugly ways of killing the poor unfortunate bastard that experiences such an interaction. Slow, painful and nasty, amongst the nicer qualities in such cases.

So after synaptic vesicles are depleted of NA, and become carriers of octopamine instead,  it being less strongly stimulating than noradrenaline, MAOIs can become sedating.
 RIMAs are more forgiving, like the harmala alkaloids (harmine, harmaline, tetrahydroharmine etc) or the pharmaceutical commoner RIMA, moclobemide, although any of these still have to adhere to the drug interaction restrictions, particularly with serotonergic drugs, and also with stimulants, although microdosing a stimulant and moclobemide has been done its still IMO pretty dangerous, same goes for harmala alkaloids (naturally occuring RIMA type MAO(a)Is found in several plants, particularly syrian rue (Peganum harmala, not related to common rue, Ruta graveolens, which is toxic) and also, along with the harmine and harmaline found in syrian rue, tetrahydroharmine as well as the other two is found in a certain vine, known to some as the vine of souls, Banisteriopsis caapi, which is used by several native amerindian cultures in mixtures known as ayahuasca, or hoasca;

a mixture of the vine of souls, and, at bare minimum a second plant containing DMT (dimethyltryptamine) which is normally active only when smoked, or if intraduced into the body via injected routes or into the brain in animal studies (ugh) which is normally metabolized instantly before ever getting to the brain if swallowed, snorted etc. but the MAOI-bearing plant allows it to act orally, in the ayahuasca and hoasca brews (there are probably as many recipes as there are shamen, some including everything from nightshade alkaloids (Datura plants etc.), nicotine containing plants, and all manner of other local adjuvant plants, many of completely unknown or little studied natures.

Tried an hoasca type brew myself a couple of times in the past, and as a psychedelic IMO it didn't live up to expectations, smoked DMT thats been extracted from the plants, and cleaned up, recrystallized etc. I found it very similar to psilocybin mushrooms (psilocin is 4-OH-DMT which is of course, orally active) but a lot more similar to psilocin/psilocybin (the latter being the phosphate ester of psilocin) and couldn't hold a candle to smoked DMT freebase, isolated with solvent extraction and purification from Mimosa hostilis, a relative of the Acacia tree family, from the rootbark (many Acacia tree species also contain DMT, n-methyltryptamine and 5-methoxy-DMT in some cases IIRC in some species, although not Mimosa hostilis, of M.hostilis, the jurema tree.) plus syrian rue seed as the MAOI source. Jurema has the advantage especially for beginners or non-chemists who are up for some 'kitchen chemistry' in that the rootbark, unlike extracting from plants which contain their DMT in the leaves, the plants with the DMT and/or 5-MeO-DMT in either the root-bark or the tree bark in some cases (Virola species in particular, aka epena, yakee, or parika, depending on the region its used in, the indigenous names vary widely from tribe to tribe and country to country)  are easier to extract and clean since they don't  contain anywhere near the quantities of plant fats that the leaves do. so don't need a defatting step performed on the plant material powder after first acidifying (such as treating with chloroform or dichloromethane) to strip the plant fats out, which otherwise can result in a yellower, and far harsher to vaporize in a pipe product.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6973 on: August 30, 2017, 07:34:54 PM »
 :2thumbsup:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6974 on: August 30, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »
Just taken my chlormethiazole, about to do the same for some pain meds, since its early in the morning (half 5 in the morning ish) and the last lot has worn off enough not that it'd make me withdraw, but certainly enough to make me cranky and be able to feel my joints getting sore again.

That ought teh do the trick. A little oxycodone left from the last shot done, assuming the most likely scenario of imperfect absorption from the IR matrix to some degree, although probably not large. And to that added the actual intended dose, 7-9x30mg morphine (don't ask me to do the math, I really  CBF, especially since its not kicked in yet beyond just about awareness, on a peripheral kind of level that its in there and about to begin. And the nasty twinge that was starting to work its way up and dig itself out of the hell it is usually kept consigned to (well hell for pain at any rate, given its an analgesic being spoken of, I suppose that doesn't really make quite the easy metaphor, without a little twisting of words. A soothing balm being used to keep something in hell. If you see what I mean. No...that didn't work too well did it?  Lets just  put that down to idiosyncratic, idiomatic spesh verbal traits along with a HEAVY dose of weapons-grade overanalytical thinking afterwards shall we:P :autism: