Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 37402 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #1200 on: December 25, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
Today and tomorrow,  drive to Florida leaving in a couple hours takes about 22 hours to get to Sarasota
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1201 on: December 26, 2017, 04:21:53 AM »
Not a lot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1202 on: December 26, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »
Take The PR to therapy and to bowling.  Both of us to the gym for some biking.  Won't happen
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:41:29 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1203 on: December 26, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »
Considering having a drink or three.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1204 on: December 26, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »
Considering having a drink or three.

Wait for me. :fiveshots:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1205 on: December 26, 2017, 05:04:45 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1206 on: January 22, 2018, 11:56:41 PM »
Scoff a bag of salted butterscotch and pretzel chewy giant cookies with chunks of caramel embedded throughout; then have a somewhat overdue dose of intramuscular morphine sulfate.

Then sit back, have a 'smoke' on my e-cig (currently with a blend of [PG aside, since I don't ever use glycerine in my mixtures, and nor does my old man, after my giving him a little lesson in organic chemistry. Because of on dehydration, chemically or thermally, the result being the highly toxic, and most awfully irritant, lachrymatory *a lachrymatory compound is a teargas, although not necessarily gaseous, I'm using the term 'teargas' as a generic, but you get the idea* from hell prop-ene-al, acrolein. Which is REALLY horrid stuff, carcinogenic, mutagenic, acutely highly toxic, and even dilute fumes of the stuff will make you wish your eyes were bleeding, if just to wash the acrolein fumes away. I've made the stuff in the pure form, as a kid, distilled it, and really, every and any time I've ever handled it, or otherwise come into contact with it, wished that I hadn't.

Ever wondered why glycerine-containing vape liquids, as the tank gets low, or you take a puff when the voltage/heat output is cranked up too far and it turns caustic and choking?  with a smell/taste like the reek of rancid burning fat? acrolein is why. )

So I only use propylene glycol as the base liquid for my vape fluids..currently a rather nice bubblegum flavour, blended with lemon and lime. Although not quite as high a level of nicotine as I'd have liked (I like mine a lot stronger than can be bought readymade, so even if it weren't for all the off the shelf kinds I've ever encountered having a propylene glycol/glyerine mixture as the base, I couldn't buy
anything strong enough for my tastes. 25mg/ml is minimum, 30 is about right; actually as long as it won't cause the sickness characteristic of mild end nicotine poisoning, such as the nasty as hell effects of chewing too much nicotine gum, etc. too quickly, like I did once as a teen, when trying to quit smoking fags or at least cut down on the amount of homosexuals I set on fire, not wanting blue-uniform-wearing cancer coming after me :autism:, and got sick and shaky and pale as the pits of hell if hell caught a bad case of the flu, whilst on a school minibus, so had to make sure to be real careful when puking whilst the short bus was moving, not that I ever DID, but to make sure I avoided puking and having it backlash into my face due to the wind.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1207 on: January 23, 2018, 01:55:58 AM »
I have a doctor's appointment in two hours' time.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1208 on: January 23, 2018, 02:14:01 AM »
*grumpy mutterings of 'buggritall'* its morning, so I'm going to bloody sleep.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1209 on: February 21, 2018, 10:26:22 PM »
Have to take Liam to the vet for a Depredil injection for his allergies. Also going to ask about why he has chunks of fur out of his face lately. I think it could be because he's either fighting with other cats (haven't heard anything) or he's crawling under bushes where the branches and such are poking him. I don't know.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1210 on: February 26, 2018, 09:55:44 PM »
Going to sort out my projects on Visual Studio. I had named them what the teacher wanted and now there's a couple of them named the same thing but with different contents. So I'm going rename them to what I will understand.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1211 on: February 27, 2018, 12:42:33 AM »
Do some serious XSLT stuff.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1212 on: February 28, 2018, 04:44:55 AM »
Hope your moggy perks up Renster :)

I am shopping around for a new vacuum pump, not decided what yet, just beginning to start browsing through what is available. Obviously I want an integrated pressure gauge, multistage pump. A multi-stage diaphragm pump would be nice, as long as I can get it with teflon-coated internals. It'd be nice not to have to use oil, and also have the inside of the pump not susceptible easily to chemical attack, meaning less need for using an in-line cryo trap to condense out anything nasty (which in some cases, such as when using a liquid nitrogen trap, can be dangerous if one is not careful, because it can cause the air to liquefy, and boil off nitrogen until one is left with a fairly large concentration of liquid oxygen, that in the presence of organics, means any such organic fuel would be burned very aggressively indeed, due to being soaked in or mixed with liquid oxygen.)

Got a bit over half a grand to spend, although I'm hoping to have enough left over to buy two other things as  well, some small fritted buchner vacuum filtration funnels with 24/40 joint size/tapers, that are tall and narrow rather than wide and flat, to help with when I want to filter relatively small amounts of solids and keep them all in as narrow an area as I can for recovery, plus a few liters of carbon disulfide, perhaps some carbon tetrachloride IF I can find any (not easy at all these days, as its been more or less demonized to the point where it has become a feared, near mythological devil in the dark among uni and professional labs. It IS hepatotoxic [toxic to the liver], but then again so are most chlorinated hydrocarbons of the 'solventy' kind. And the answer to that is to A-not drink it, and B-avoid breathing the vapor, and its nothing that a gas mask mounting canisters that will scrub chloroform and methylene chloride, trichloroethylene and tetrachloroethanes etc. won't completely negate. Just avoid exposure and it isn't going to come running after one waving a baseball bat with nails hammered into it and  screaming things about human sacrifice and murder..but, for whatever reason, despite the fact that there are so many much nastier things used on a day to day basis, in most labs, its become one of the well-known and much feared devils and demons of chemistry, has CCl4. Which is a pain in the arse. Although, it can be made from carbon disulfide IIRC, so I might well try that, if I can get enough CS2 for my needs  and have some left over to make  some carbon tet and carbon tetrabromide as well.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1213 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »
List sales from the grocery ads
Do some laundry
Plan some stuff
Look for some documents
Make copies if I find the documents.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1214 on: March 01, 2018, 01:07:51 AM »
Talk to a company that is interested in my services.

- Albert Einstein