Educational

Author Topic: What are the most important problems faced by the united states?  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: What are the most important problems faced by the united states?
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »
A big number of young people did not vote in this election, or any of the others.

...or because they didn't like either of the two primary candidates, they voted for a third party.

A third party president hasn't happened here since George Washington...the last third party candidate to actually even win one lousy state was Wallace in 1968.

Maybe this is the wake up call people needed.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2018, 07:03:26 PM »
Donald Trump doesn't have small hands. I think you'll find that's fake news. Here is a recent photo of the allegedly small hands:

I am sorry, but if I compare his hands to mine ... uhm   ....   not only are mine a bit larger, compared to my head, my hands have some muscle that was developed over a life of using my hands to do hard work and I have heavy, deep calluses on them to prove it.

Now, I have not done really hard work in over two years, but the evidence of hard work is still there. Just from the muscles alone  ...   in fact I can challenge any man to a grip thing. I never lose these. Well, unless I foolishly challenge one of my uncles who have done hard work their whole lives and never had a break.
 :headhurts:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2018, 09:17:36 PM »

A third party president hasn't happened here since George Washington...the last third party candidate to actually even win one lousy state was Wallace in 1968.

I'm not quite sure how to look at Lincoln. The Republicans were definitely NOT the Whigs. They were a fairly new
party, who would have had no hope, had both the prior established parties not imploded. Of course, the results
were not optimal.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2018, 09:19:02 PM »

Now, I have not done really hard work in over two years, but the evidence of hard work is still there. Just from the muscles alone  ...   in fact I can challenge any man to a grip thing. I never lose these. Well, unless I foolishly challenge one of my uncles who have done hard work their whole lives and never had a break.
 :headhurts:

Your family immune to arthritis? My grip's gone to shit, due to it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2018, 12:16:21 AM »

Not so much.
Arthritis in my knee joints is why I travel with a cane. I have already had one hip replaced with a prosthetic hip joint. Another surgery is approaching on the other hip. More Physical Therapy is due for my knees before they saw more pieces of me off to be replaced with titanium.

Not everyone in my family has this arthritis shit.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »
I'm 53 years old and I don't have arthritis.

My hands are big. On a standard piano I can reach 10 notes easy, 11 if I stretch, with one hand.

The skin on my hands is as soft as a baby's skin. No matter what I do it won't thicken up. Even if I get calluses they just flake off after a while.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2018, 06:02:20 AM »
The US is still a country where the election happens on a work day. Many people can't even get time off to vote. I'd say that is a big problem for a country that thinks of itself as a democracy.
Remember this?  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/01/opinion/voting-suppression-videogame.html
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2018, 07:01:39 AM »
The US is still a country where the election happens on a work day. Many people can't even get time off to vote. I'd say that is a big problem for a country that thinks of itself as a democracy.
Remember this?  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/01/opinion/voting-suppression-videogame.html

Oh cool, I didn't even need to be registered!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »

I'm your age and have psoriatic arthritis. I'm lucky in that it isn't destructive, at least not yet, but it's a pain, figuratively and literally.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2018, 09:18:50 PM »
I'm your age and have psoriatic arthritis. I'm lucky in that it isn't destructive, at least not yet, but it's a pain, figuratively and literally.
In my 20s I had arthritis in my wrists (I don't know what type, I know there are many) and took Vioxx for it and it worked like magic before it was taken off the market. Now I have no constant pain but I can't put any weight on my hands or my wrists complain big time.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2018, 01:37:18 AM »
In my 20s I had arthritis in my wrists (I don't know what type, I know there are many) and took Vioxx for it and it worked like magic before it was taken off the market. Now I have no constant pain but I can't put any weight on my hands or my wrists complain big time.

Damn, I'm sorry. :(

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2018, 05:34:32 AM »
Damn, I'm sorry. :(
Thank you, it's ok.

It's weird though, I wouldn't mind some scans or x-rays or something so I know what damage happened in my 20s. And what type of arthritis it was. I don't know of anyone that's had the same problem.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »
I had problems with my wrists in my early twenties. Pain, couldn't twist or put weight on them. I learned to be careful how I lift things and they've been fine for the past 25+ years.

My mother had bad arthritis well before she was my age and I always thought I'd get it too. Considering some of the stupid things I did as a teenager it's surprising I don't have bad arthritis in my fingers.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »
Is this the "you know you're getting older..." thread? :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »
There's something wrong with your website Odeon. It's putting my posts in the wrong thread.  :tinfoil: