Educational

Author Topic: The pussifaction of America  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
The pussifaction of America
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
What happened to the take care of your self you can do anything aptitude. Instead of individuates rights and responsibilities we have come to the point when we blame everyone else.  Then they want some sort of compensation.  Worse yet we give it to them encouraging others to do the same.  If you do something stupid and get hurt it's your fault not whom ever"s product you were using at the time or whose property you were on. Everybody worried about risk and safty all the time is killing us
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: The pussifaction of America
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
What happened to the take care of your self you can do anything aptitude. Instead of individuates rights and responsibilities we have come to the point when we blame everyone else.  Then they want some sort of compensation.  Worse yet we give it to them encouraging others to do the same.  If you do something stupid and get hurt it's your fault not whom ever"s product you were using at the time or whose property you were on. Everybody worried about risk and safty all the time is killing us

i think this is a world wide problem.

politicians have learned that if you take care of society and do their thinking for them then they can maintain control over them.

the problem began when they began writing legislation to protect the the individual, for example: the hanicapped, minorities, single mothers.  society becomes stronger if we subscrtibe to an evolutionary view of things.  sink or swim....survival of the fittest.

also, when they continue to legislate common sense it makes it so people do not have to think for themselves so they don't.  example: seat belt law.  no fucking shit.  give me the facts and show me the statistics which show me that wearing a seatbelt will likely save my life and i will wear one.  why?  because i am capable of making common sense decisions.  but, when they tell you you have to and then punish you when you don't then you have completly taken away my rational thought on a certain subject.  then, when they write a million similar laws then i wonder why i have to even think at all.  and this is what they want.
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

i think this is a world wide problem.

politicians have learned that if you take care of society and do their thinking for them then they can maintain control over them.

the problem began when they began writing legislation to protect the the individual, for example: the hanicapped, minorities, single mothers.  society becomes stronger if we subscrtibe to an evolutionary view of things.  sink or swim....survival of the fittest.

also, when they continue to legislate common sense it makes it so people do not have to think for themselves so they don't.  example: seat belt law.  no fucking shit.  give me the facts and show me the statistics which show me that wearing a seatbelt will likely save my life and i will wear one.  why?  because i am capable of making common sense decisions.  but, when they tell you you have to and then punish you when you don't then you have completly taken away my rational thought on a certain subject.  then, when they write a million similar laws then i wonder why i have to even think at all.  and this is what they want.

Then the world must change at whatever costs. The legislating common sense is out of control  look at some of the shit OSHA does here watch the demo of her Osha 10 course WTF I am supposed to have this to work in some companies what a joke what them demo http://www.osha10.com/osha10-demo.asp  I am not a child what does everything be brought to that level are there really that many stupid people out there?

George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
i didn't mention any of the common sense legislation that pertains to contractors on purpose.  i knew you would have some passion about those issues since it pertains to your own field.

i read that about 20 years ago that mother theresa was trying to utilize a vacant building in newyork as a place to help homeless people get off the streets.  because they had to renovate it and use it for new prposes then they were required to put in an elevator.  guess what?  they couldn't afford this costly renovation so the idea was scrapped.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »
btw- there is an interesting read that i devoured about 15 years ago titled: the death of common sense.
find it and read it.
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
It is a mere example of what has been stuck in my face lately.   The Mother Tresa thing what in NYC i remember it well  and we get the NYC news on TV here. But everything begin legislated is there goal it keeps them and the government machine going.  They want to outlaw smoking out doors in some park in New Jersey :-\  I am dealing with my own little Nazi strong hold in our towns government. Telling everyone how they can do things in there own yards and home

btw- there is an interesting read that i devoured about 15 years ago titled: the death of common sense.
find it and read it.

I;ll look thanks

George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
many of the common sense legislation comes from pressure on politicians from major corporations.
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »
Insurance companies push this nanny state so they don't have to pay out as much

George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »
Insurance companies push this nanny state so they don't have to pay out as much
and banks.  and major contractors,  and any other player who want to eliminate the start up competition.
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »
All the new environmental laws and ohsa shit really are discouraging for people like me.  Small owners who would possibly expand but can't deal or keep up with so many rules without help and lots of fancy equipment they require

George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
would you consider osha to be a bureacracy of american politics or corporation?
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »
They take the worst of both.  Holding themselves free of the government when handy to do so but using the unending resources of it to suit them.  I have met them on jobs I wear a respirator all the time at work and let them think I am Bosnian or Croatian mumbling the few words I know in those languages though the mask and walking away

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »

The seat belt is likely to save your live - though in a situation where you would have been killed without it, you'd most probably survive as an invalid.

The seat belt law is there for two reasons:

1. The state needs its slaves. Saving lives is a self-purpose for the state. In Sweden you can be held in a nut house for several months if you're suicidal, despite the fact that suicide has been legal since 1856 here.

2. You are supposed to obey the state without thinking. In dictatorships they use parades, salutations etc for that purpose, in "democracies" they legislate common sense or even things that make no sense, like the seat belt law or environmentalism ad absurdum.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
also, when they continue to legislate common sense it makes it so people do not have to think for themselves so they don't.  example: seat belt law.  no fucking shit.  give me the facts and show me the statistics which show me that wearing a seatbelt will likely save my life and i will wear one.  why?  because i am capable of making common sense decisions.  but, when they tell you you have to and then punish you when you don't then you have completly taken away my rational thought on a certain subject.  then, when they write a million similar laws then i wonder why i have to even think at all.  and this is what they want.

The seat belt is likely to save your live - though in a situation where you would have been killed without it, you'd most probably survive as an invalid.

The seat belt law is there for two reasons:

1. The state needs its slaves. Saving lives is a self-purpose for the state. In Sweden you can be held in a nut house for several months if you're suicidal, despite the fact that suicide has been legal since 1856 here.

2. You are supposed to obey the state without thinking. In dictatorships they use parades, salutations etc for that purpose, in "democracies" they legislate common sense or even things that make no sense, like the seat belt law or environmentalism ad absurdum.

I wonder how they can hold you in a nut house if you're suicidal if suicide is legal?

I thought the reason suicide was against the law here was so they could lock you up if you wanted to do it.

Otherwise laws against suicide make no sense.  What are they going to do to you if you commit suicide, give you the death penalty?

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 11:32:42 AM »
I wonder how they can hold you in a nut house if you're suicidal if suicide is legal?

Because there is another law that says that they can put you in a nut house if you are a threat "against yourself or others".

Being a threat to others is understandable as a reason, since it's a crime to attack other people, of course. Being a threat to yourself is absolutely nonsense, since it's not a crime.

We have something called "administrative courts" in Sweden. They have nothing to do with crime cases but handle such cases as when you're suicidal, appeal an authority decision etc. You can't appeal most authority decisions in Sweden to an ordinary court.

I thought the reason suicide was against the law here was so they could lock you up if you wanted to do it.

Otherwise laws against suicide make no sense.  What are they going to do to you if you commit suicide, give you the death penalty?

Is suicide illegal in the US, then? Here it was illegal for religious reasons, and the punishment before 1856 was that you'd be buried in a distant corner of the cemetary or even outside it.