Educational

Author Topic: Oops, banned from WP  (Read 3152 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Oops, banned from WP
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
Wow you're lucky. I have heard of people getting banned when they haven't even gone there in a while. One member said she can't even login despite that she doesn't go to WP anymore. Now I don't know if it's some glitch or it's their new way of banning. Change our passwords and email. Emor found she can't even login after she made that one post at the psych forums. She didn't go there anyway but would sometimes and can't even be there for five minutes because she can't stand what she sees there.

Oh, it's very much doable - if WP's backend is like AFF's, it's very easy to do, it's something I've done to spammers in the past, before I actually had the ability to ban.

Didn't know that Emor had gotten banned. Shame - still, she's on Spectrum Forums or whatever it's called now.

Really, WP should handle bannings the same way we do at AFF - if you're banned, big thick line through the name, most of the time every time if I'm the one who banned them

fixed Fixed
:laugh: :plus:

How does it work over at Spectrumites - does it cross out, grey them out...? I think it greys them out, right?

Either way, it's still better than WP's method - also, over at AFF at least, we don't ban or warn if you talk about old members, we'd just rather you kept a civil tongue about it, else folks might be liable to get a mite tetchy - if you do mention an old member in passing, fine, but if you start slagging them off, wheeeelll, things might get a bit more serious (though this depends on the members - trolls and fuckheads, sure, go ahead, but otherwise we don't encourage the whole talking behind peoples back thing - if you're going to stab someone in the back, have the balls to do it to their face, y'know?)

They are greyed out indeed on Spectrumites. I had to look for the greying option in the beginning. Because banning is not greying them perse. But as far I know, all banned members are grey now.

And well, an old member mentioned in passing, fine. But we are not encouraging talking about others behind their backs on Spectrumites either.
It is a mainly friendly place, and it should be, considering that we have children on there too, our youngest member being a 9 yo.
That's why we have an adult section for the things not meant for children to read.

It's not perfect, but hey, what's new, no place is.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Scrapheap

Re: Oops, banned from WP
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
Yeat another victim of the Wank Planet Banasaurus-Rex.  :wanker: