Educational

Author Topic: you know that you are getting old when....  (Read 20628 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: you know that you are getting old when....
« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2017, 07:05:40 AM »
I'm 40, 41 in February. No grey hair, which is cool. When it does happen, I will start dyeing my hair crazy colours.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #511 on: December 01, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
How old are you? I'd have guessed early 19-25? You think your likely to end up finding out your one of those spazzes with that weird ass kinda fountain of youth effect, like the lfa girl I went to school with and still looks about 12? (her case is rather extreme mind you. I'm 31 and if we ever were to end up as a couple I'd probably have to arm myself to go on a date, every time, she looks that young, or have custom designed T-shirts saying 'my GF is OLDER than I am, piss off' (shes by now I think maybe 32-34. )

I'd love to do some genetic sampling of people with that sort of phenotype, someone who could bottle that up, stick it in a retrovirus and not have the end result cause cancer would find themselves stinking rich, 30something years cut by two thirds and preternaturally cute, AND autistic....shit, I can almost see the piles of cash I'd be using for a bed after a year of sales. There's well-kept, and there's this old schoolfriend of mine, who's in scifi territory. Not a dwarf or anything, normal proportions, but I'm surprised even her hair managed to point downwards.)

I'd love some of what she's got. Getting to 75 or so before catching a grey hair...not an unappealing thought. Although I could see the lass I know from school eventually having to get a gun, to get rid of all the erstwhile vampire hunters :autism:

And so you and I are polar opposites.  Every new grey hair I find (and I still do have the stray darker brown ones that need to be replaced) I get happier and happier.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #512 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »
How old are you? I'd have guessed early 19-25? You think your likely to end up finding out your one of those spazzes with that weird ass kinda fountain of youth effect, like the lfa girl I went to school with and still looks about 12? (her case is rather extreme mind you. I'm 31 and if we ever were to end up as a couple I'd probably have to arm myself to go on a date, every time, she looks that young, or have custom designed T-shirts saying 'my GF is OLDER than I am, piss off' (shes by now I think maybe 32-34. )

I'd love to do some genetic sampling of people with that sort of phenotype, someone who could bottle that up, stick it in a retrovirus and not have the end result cause cancer would find themselves stinking rich, 30something years cut by two thirds and preternaturally cute, AND autistic....shit, I can almost see the piles of cash I'd be using for a bed after a year of sales. There's well-kept, and there's this old schoolfriend of mine, who's in scifi territory. Not a dwarf or anything, normal proportions, but I'm surprised even her hair managed to point downwards.)

I'd love some of what she's got. Getting to 75 or so before catching a grey hair...not an unappealing thought. Although I could see the lass I know from school eventually having to get a gun, to get rid of all the erstwhile vampire hunters :autism:

And so you and I are polar opposites.  Every new grey hair I find (and I still do have the stray darker brown ones that need to be replaced) I get happier and happier.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

I don't mind grey hair either. Can't see why anyone would.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #513 on: December 01, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »
You find yourself saying things your grandmother said.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #514 on: December 01, 2017, 01:29:11 PM »
Hou have light hair, ren. Dye ought to take with reasonable ease. You should at least be able to dye with ease greater than my own, which is naturally dark and requires quite aggressive bleaching before dyes take well.

Darker colors, as well as more intense ones are particularly difficult. Blues are particularly problematic.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:21 PM »
When all my recent injuries are from sleeping wrong.  :hahaha:

You know you're getting old when... you've been a member of I^2 for 11 years and gophers usually only live for 2 to 3 years.

You're like 300 years old in gopher years!!!!

Want to rub my achy spots.  :zoinks: I've really only been a member here for about four-and-a-half years. This account once belonged to McJagger, so I'm sort of his and Jack's bastard love child.  :orly:

I'm not sure if I want to rub your achy spots. Do you have fleas?

By my calculations you are about 120 in gopher years, meaning that you've well and truly earned your achy spots.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
You find yourself saying things your grandmother said.

Hell, I have been "quoting or paraphrasing"  both of my amazing grandfathers, my amazing grandmothers and my own father and mother since I was in my late teens and early twenties. Even earlier in the case of my father who I was very close to.
I was actually lucky enough to have known my mom's grandmother. She died when I was eight. She died a very old and caring woman in her late eighties, having been born in 1878.

That was about the time I realized that I was growing up, whether I was comfortable with growing up or not. The time had arrived.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:37:32 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #517 on: December 01, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »

Oh, back to topic.

The funniest one I have seen lately:

You know you are getting old if you and your teeth do not sleep together.
 :autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #518 on: December 01, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »

It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.
 :autism:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #519 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »
Hou have light hair, ren. Dye ought to take with reasonable ease. You should at least be able to dye with ease greater than my own, which is naturally dark and requires quite aggressive bleaching before dyes take well.

Darker colors, as well as more intense ones are particularly difficult. Blues are particularly problematic.
No, my hair is dark red/brown. I could dye it, but I would need to bleach it first. That damages hair so that's why I said I would wait until I'm grey to dye it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #520 on: December 01, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »

I have never colored my hair, except for whitening things for the day to allow me to play an older person for a community play for which I was performing.

My beard is mostly grey, with some reddish brown streaks in it, but my hair is still its normal youthful color, except for a few stragglers around the edges.
I have had people ask me, since I dye my hair, why do I not dye my beard to match.

DOH!!

The fact that my beard is almost Santa Clause and my hair is almost Beatles is completely normal for me at this time.
I can not even tell you how many women have asked me to color my beard to match my hair, since I did such a good job of dyeing my hair.
 :hahaha:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #521 on: December 01, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »
You know you are getting old when:

You seem to have a great deal more patience with annoyances, but in reality, it's just that you really do not even give a fuck anymore.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #522 on: December 02, 2017, 01:09:51 AM »
Every new grey hair I find (and I still do have the stray darker brown ones that need to be replaced) I get happier and happier.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
You're like my mum. As soon as she had her 70th birthday, she stopped dyeing her hair. Her red has lightened to a champagne colour which she likes. But she said she wouldn't have been upset if it had turned truly white.

QV, your hair looks nice in your Facebook photo. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #523 on: December 02, 2017, 03:02:29 AM »
I've never dyed my hair either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »

So you still look exactly like your avatar.

Excellent.
I am actually quite a bit less attractive.  But still ...    :viking: