Author Topic: it used to be that....  (Read 6862 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
it used to be that....
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
intensity was a board based in free speech.  with this privelage comes those that will obviously abuse said rights.  but it was up to the community to police each other.  members would call other members out for abusing the privelage.  and they would demand that others back up their claims.

what happened?
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: it used to be that....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »
intensity was a board based in free speech.  with this privelage comes those that will obviously abuse said rights.  but it was up to the community to police each other.  members would call other members out for abusing the privelage.  and they would demand that others back up their claims.

what happened?

Bint and some trolls smeared shit on everything.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »

what happened?

This place has stopped being "intense" a long time ago...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:13:01 AM »

what happened?

not their fault.  if they are just being who they are.  it is the members who allow it without coming after them with a sound argument.  perhaps it is the members who just became lazy...or immature.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »

what happened?

not their fault.  if they are just being who they are.  it is the members who allow it without coming after them with a sound argument.  perhaps it is the members who just became lazy...or immature.

A lot of times a sound argument isn't enough.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »
we used to gang up on idiots.   read some about a former member named: heppah

for example.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »

what happened?

Who said Bint and Soph don't get called out?

Now McJagger a "free speech site" like you proclaim where members police each other works if the Elders ALL have respect for the place and don't treat the site with total disrespect. If some of the members don't give a shit for reasoned argument and for that matter anyone on here....what have you got. No honestly.
Hell Bint and Soph are as thick and obnoxious and as poisonous as any members who have come here and simply don't stop doing whatever they like even if it pisses everyone of, is shouted down, proves what retards they are or is inherently bad for the forum.
I likened it once to us all having a pool party and them pissing in the pool, and thinking it is a great joke.
But hey it is great pointing fingers but what do YOU suggest (that has not already been done of course, and not long before you came back)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Blasted

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
 :lol:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
was i pointing a finger.

i thought i was asking a question.

the problems, i think, are when the pool pissers are the only ones who remain at the party.  perhaps they have lasting power because of drugs or whatever.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »

what happened?

A lot of times a sound argument isn't enough.
true.  then you need staying power.

only if it is important enough
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »
was i pointing a finger.

the problems, i think, are when the pool pissers are the only ones who remain at the party.  perhaps they have lasting power because of drugs or whatever.

Really and you have not noticed I put shit on them every chance I get? (Course nowdays everyone bitches about the Les vs Soph/Bint like it is a bad thing and say that three months of "squabbling" is long enough.)

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,12633.0.html

and hey have a look at about every thread around this time too.

The retards don't get it. How they remain Elders I dunno.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:37:55 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 10:43:42 AM »
 :lol:

I do agree with some things on there.  I can't call Soph a "he".  She could change her mind tommorrow, and want to be called a girl again.  Can you refer to me as "she" if I have me in drag as my avatar?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
was i pointing a finger.

the problems, i think, are when the pool pissers are the only ones who remain at the party.  perhaps they have lasting power because of drugs or whatever.

Really and you have not noticed I put shit on them every chance I get? (Course nowdays everyone bitches about the Les vs Soph/Bint like it is a bad thing and say that three months of "squabbling" is long enough.)

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,12633.0.html

and hey have a look at about every thread around this time too.

The retards don't get it. How they remain Elders I dunno.
  you are taking my post personally.  did i specifically call you out?
Misunderstood.

Blasted

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
Les gets very touchy about things like this  :zoinks:  He's obsessed with me and Soph  8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
from reading his responses to you i wouldn't call it obsessed, rather i think it is preturbed.
Misunderstood.