Educational

Author Topic: Alex is wanting money again...  (Read 3308 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Alex is wanting money again...
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »
wow aren't we judgmental? Whats wrong with hugging machines? I certainly wouldn't mind one. Are you even autistic?

You obviously have never read any of Dr. Grandin's books, or seen any of her speeches

:minusevil: for being judgmental

yeah!! and  :minusevil: for the Iron Maiden avatar, 25 years after they quit being cool. Ooooooh, wait you you ARE 25, so Iron Maiden wasn't even cool in your lifetime...

what a lametard...  ::)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »
  Got some tranny, tramp, with a mouth full of rotten teeth, wearing a tie like its been chewed by a dog

Ummm that's Temple Grandin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin

http://www.templegrandin.com/templehome.html

Oh!!!!  I don't even know who that is.  Looks like a woman gardener I used to work for.  But, she loses any credibility for appearing in Plank's video.  I guess she doesn't know the whole score, a hugging machine is a good invention, for someone who's given up on life.  If I resort to getting one of those, i'll be throwing myself off a building soon after lol.

wow aren't we judgmental? Whats wrong with hugging machines? I certainly wouldn't mind one. Are you even autistic?

You obviously have never read any of Dr. Grandin's books, or seen any of her speeches

Grandin does not exactly help the cause - at least from what I have seen. Like Plank, Ne'eman et al, she fails to present a coherent explanation of what ASD's are, instead choosing to promote her own myraid of misaligned examples, which just confuse the masses and sometimes even ourselves. We need a clear and carefully considered message, which none of those who claim to represent us seem able to present.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »

yeah!! and  :minusevil: for the Iron Maiden avatar, 25 years after they quit being cool. Ooooooh, wait you you ARE 25, so Iron Maiden wasn't even cool in your lifetime...

what a lametard...  ::)

Lol, enjoy your "cool music".  And music lives on forever.  Plus Iron Maiden are probably better now than they ever were.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »
I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby, come with me friday, don't say maybe, I am just a teenage dirtbag baby like you  :wanker:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
  Got some tranny, tramp, with a mouth full of rotten teeth, wearing a tie like its been chewed by a dog

Ummm that's Temple Grandin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin

http://www.templegrandin.com/templehome.html

Oh!!!!  I don't even know who that is.  Looks like a woman gardener I used to work for.  But, she loses any credibility for appearing in Plank's video.  I guess she doesn't know the whole score, a hugging machine is a good invention, for someone who's given up on life.  If I resort to getting one of those, i'll be throwing myself off a building soon after lol.

Grandin does not exactly help the cause - at least from what I have seen. Like Plank, Ne'eman et al, she fails to present a coherent explanation of what ASD's are, instead choosing to promote her own myraid of misaligned examples, which just confuse the masses and sometimes even ourselves. We need a clear and carefully considered message, which none of those who claim to represent us seem able to present.

I'm quite ashamed to be represented by people like that.  Not all of us are like that.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby, come with me friday, don't say maybe, I am just a teenage dirtbag baby like you  :wanker:

:lol:  And thats your only knowledge of Iron Maiden

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »
So you guys don't want to be represented by someone who has a PhD? ::)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »
Plenty of awful people have PhD's, in fact many of them are the problem, not the solution. Speaking from experience here as a senior disabilities officer at my university...

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2010, 07:19:05 PM »
Can you name a specific names of people you'd want to represent the community instead of Temple Grandin, Alex Plank, or yourself?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2010, 07:19:42 PM »

:/  I definatly don't wanna be represented by fucking Alex!!  She's probably a nice lady.  But having a PHD isn't essential.  I'd rather it be someone who's down to earth.  Fuck, i'm not even that worried about it, untill I see Alex exploiting others on the spectrum.  The world isn't gonna change for us, i'm afraid.  Its only gonna become more difficult, with all the stress of modern day life, we'd be better off looking at ourselves more.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
Can you name a specific names of people you'd want to represent the community instead of Temple Grandin, Alex Plank, or yourself?
I did name better people in another thread, but for reasons explained elsewhere, I think waiting 5 years for my generation to really mature should bring a lot better results. I would rather no-one purport to represent us at the minute, as opposed the very tokenistic representation we currently have.

And yes, I could do a better job - not that I really want the role of course, for various reasons. But in terms of wider disability rights, I have a reputation for getting things actually done and am respected for it.

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »
There seems to be a lot of talk but no action in the autistic community, we need someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get shit done

Alex Plank may not be liked by everyone but atleast he did something and is still continuing to do things

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
There seems to be a lot of talk but no action in the autistic community, we need someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get shit done

Alex Plank may not be liked by everyone but atleast he did something and is still continuing to do things

He's stealing people's money.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd do what he was doing, and better if they had it in them to con people.  Its his status on facebook that got me going "i'm hungry, must be all the work i'm doing on wrongplanet.net".  I remember when I was on there, like nearly a year ago, and the place would stall if there was 500 people online, he only recently got a new server.  And he still has SB moderating there.  He doesn't give a shit.  Not all of us have Mummy's and Daddy's to buy us out of trouble.  I'm sure there's others who would get shit done if they had the chance.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:55 PM »

Yes, that could be said of many. The question is whether on not they are doing good things. In practise, Autism Speaks is laying a lot of groundwork for good thinks, detestable though its actual aims maybe. Planck et al send us backwards, their only real progress is sinking our self respect even further.

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2010, 08:00:29 PM »

Yes, that could be said of many. The question is whether on not they are doing good things. In practise, Autism Speaks is laying a lot of groundwork for good thinks, detestable though its actual aims maybe. Planck et al send us backwards, their only real progress is sinking our self respect even further.

I don't think society at large sees it that way. They don't see some of the internal politics, all they see is a really cool looking guy who runs a very prominent support site, and is helping to spread autism awareness.