Educational

Author Topic: Crime keeps falling in U.S.A.  (Read 1307 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Crime keeps falling in U.S.A.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
Simple.

Times are tough, gas prices aren't cheap. Most crooks don't shit where they sleep (ie: steal from their neighbors).  ;)

:plus: for rhyming philosophy.  :thumbup:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 02:23:46 PM »
I'm still pro-life and I don't consider myself clueless at all. I also practice what a preach. My oldest came to be because I was raped. Lost my job, was a single parent, and there were so many layers of trauma to how he came to be and what I went through just to have him safely (had to go into hiding when I kicked the abusive asshole out, was on 24 hour bedrest bathroom privilages only from 12 weeks until I delivered him 2 months early) but I do a damn good job of being a parent. Sure life could have been easier if I had aborted but that will never be an option for me.

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
I'm still pro-life and I don't consider myself clueless at all. I also practice what a preach. My oldest came to be because I was raped. Lost my job, was a single parent, and there were so many layers of trauma to how he came to be and what I went through just to have him safely (had to go into hiding when I kicked the abusive asshole out, was on 24 hour bedrest bathroom privilages only from 12 weeks until I delivered him 2 months early) but I do a damn good job of being a parent. Sure life could have been easier if I had aborted but that will never be an option for me.

I think there's a difference between being pro-life in your own personal life and what you would impose on others. As a guy, I have no choice but to be pro-choice, because I'm not exactly qualified to tell women how to use a vagina, since I'm only there to visit.

What you've done CG is comendable, but you're probably a notch above the average mother. Many of the ghetto trash ho's getting abortions have no business being parents.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »

I think there's a difference between being pro-life in your own personal life and what you would impose on others. As a guy, I have no choice but to be pro-choice, because I'm not exactly qualified to tell women how to use a vagina, since I'm only there to visit.

What you've done CG is comendable, but you're probably a notch above the average mother. Many of the ghetto trash ho's getting abortions have no business being parents.

How much of this is depending on the country you are in? How big is the pressure of society to get a woman to abort a child, when in not too rosy circumstances, how much support can a woman get in these circumstances?

Is abortion truly the choice of the ghetto mum to be? I'm just wondering. What I get to see is only the occasional documentary. But there seems to be a big difference in numbers when it comes to unwanted pregnancies and abortions per country.

And kids, sprung from rape, in not too good conditions don't all end up wrong. Some even do amazingly well when grown up.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Scrapheap

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

How much of this is depending on the country you are in? How big is the pressure of society to get a woman to abort a child, when in not too rosy circumstances, how much support can a woman get in these circumstances?

Is abortion truly the choice of the ghetto mum to be? I'm just wondering. What I get to see is only the occasional documentary. But there seems to be a big difference in numbers when it comes to unwanted pregnancies and abortions per country.

And kids, sprung from rape, in not too good conditions don't all end up wrong. Some even do amazingly well when grown up.

Have you ever read the book Freakonomics?? While studying crime, the only statistic that follwed crime, throughout history, across cultures for which there was records, was abortion rates. As abortion rates go up, crime goes down. Romania is a perfect case-in-point.  Abortion was outlawed there in 1966, and enforced by their secret police. Women were fined for NOT getting pregnant. 20 years later, the country was hit by a massive crime wave as these kids, who were mostly raised in orphanages, hit the streets.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

I'm pro-choice.

I respect and admire you for the decision you made to bear your son no matter how he was conceived and how difficult it was for you.  I know that you are an absolutely outstanding mother both to him and his sister.

But I'm also very glad that it was your choice to make.  There might be some other young woman in a similar situation who isn't as strong as you are and I think it should be her decision to carry the child to term or not just as I think it should be her decision to parent the child or not if she chooses to give birth to him.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »
My mother came to be also because of rape.

My grandmother was raped by two men in the parking lot at a dance she went to with a friend. The friend went out to the parking lot with a guy she had met, my grandmother went to look for her.

My grandmother worked as a live-in maid in the city, she bound herself and hid her pregnancy, but she came home for Christmas and ended up going into labor early, my great-grandmother found out and made her keep the baby (she was going to put her up for adoption).

My mom's life wasn't easy, and there was alot of anger and resentment directed at her. She wonders alot how things would have turned out had she been adopted instead.

Had abortion been an available/safe option in 1945, I doubt my grandmother would have carried her at all. I guess I'm on the fence, personally myself I guess I'm pro-life, but I can respect those who choose otherwise, because unless I walk in their shoes I don't feel it's my right to make that decision for them. 

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »
I am pro-choice for first trimester abortions

wtf my cat started eating my dinner as I typed this

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 03:20:18 PM »

wtf my cat started eating my dinner as I typed this

You can never leave your plate unattended in this house. :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
I don't know what I am. Sounds silly, but it is like what Icequeen says, how can I decide for someone in who's situation I've never been?

I do have my doubts about how 'pro-choice' pro choice is though. If there is no support, no good childcare, and a lot of pressure from society to abort, hasn't the choice then been made by society already? Bit more subtle than the old restricted religious pressure to keep the child, or at least bring it into the world, but not leaving a free choice either.

For myself, think I would choose to keep a child, no matter what, but I've never been in the need to decide on that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
Crime is no longer falling, it's going back up because police are no longer aggressively patrolling the inner cities.

It's called the Ferguson Effect

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
Crime is going down in the US? then they'll have to find more things and acts to criminalize which previously weren't, find things to illegalize, so they can keep on supplying meat to the Big Prison business model once they start running short on prisoners. The US court system isn't about justice, it is about making money.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »
Crime is no longer falling, it's going back up because police are no longer aggressively patrolling the inner cities.

It's called the Ferguson Effect
Meh, it takes a little jump back up every now and then, but the trend over the last twentyfive years is a declining trend and it's expected to continue that way.

Crime is going down in the US? then they'll have to find more things and acts to criminalize which previously weren't, find things to illegalize, so they can keep on supplying meat to the Big Prison business model once they start running short on prisoners. The US court system isn't about justice, it is about making money.
No problem. It's already a done deal. The rise in incarceration rates over the past twentyfive years almost mirrors the decline in violent crime.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
That is creepy.

Looks like a type of slavery to me.

Here crime is also falling, but that leads to prisons being locked down.
There were plans to let the Norwegian government hire empty prisons here, for their foreign prisoners.
*Wonders if they went through with that plan. *

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »
That is creepy.
Yes it is. Not even sure how many people even realize it.