Author Topic: I call out the catholics  (Read 3411 times)

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Re: I call out the catholics
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
I did confirmation too.  Bet none of you will guess what my confirmation name is  8)

Bunt?
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Blasted

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »
I did confirmation too.  Bet none of you will guess what my confirmation name is  8)

Bunt?

Only if yours is Fuckwad  ;)

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »

Bunt?

Only if yours is Fuckwad  ;)

Had I been raised Catholic it probably would be.  I was raised Episcopalian, we even had gays in the church before homosexuality was culturally acceptable.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Blasted

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 09:03:25 PM »
I did confirmation too.  Bet none of you will guess what my confirmation name is  8)

Bunt?

Only if yours is Fuckwad  ;)

Had I been raised Catholic it probably would be.  I was raised Episcopalian, we even had gays in the church before homosexuality was culturally acceptable.

No priest buggering for you then eh?  :-\

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 09:43:29 PM »
My mother was raised Catholic.

Got my leg felt up by my best friend's dad during her confirmation.   :zombiefuck:

Scrapheap

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
My mother was raised Catholic.

Got my leg felt up by my best friend's dad during her confirmation.   :zombiefuck:

That reminds me of a joke a comedian told. "I was raised Catholic, but raped Protestant"  :o

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »
I did confirmation too.  Bet none of you will guess what my confirmation name is  8)

Bunt?

Only if yours is Fuckwad  ;)

Had I been raised Catholic it probably would be.  I was raised Episcopalian, we even had gays in the church before homosexuality was culturally acceptable.

No priest buggering for you then eh?  :-\

We didn't have priests in Episcopalianism, we had Rectors, I never did understand the difference.  At my church, the rector was a woman and she was married.  She didn't look that bad, so if she did make an advance, I don't think it would've bothered me that much.

Slightly off topic:
The first time I ever got drunk was at a church, I was 12 and me and a friend ducked out of the service right after communion and started wandering around the church building.  We found the storage room and took a bottle of the cheap California wine they use for communion and went up into the bell tower where we spent the rest of the service passing the bottle back and forth.  After the service was over we went into the function room where everybody goes for coffee after the service, we were both shitfaced.  Someone asked me if I was alright and I said "Yes, I have Jesus in me, I feel fantastic".

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
^ :D

Rectors?! What a strange name for them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Blasted

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »
Fuck you Irish Catholics for your Magdalene Laundries  :grrr:

Scrapheap

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 12:55:54 AM »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »
I was one until I was 14. I questioned long before that, but I was fairly religious beforehand. :screwy:

Was atheist for a while, but a lot of them are just as religious and fundamentalist as the very religious people they hate. Became agnostic when I gradually realised that no one has the answer to everything. While I think god, heaven etc. is a load of bullshit invented by humans, there may be "something" out there that cannot be explained, at least with current technology. More like a "glue" or representation of a mathematical formula than anything truly spiritual.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:51:45 AM by Shleed. »

Scrapheap

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »
^^^ You do realize that atheist and agnostic aren't mutually exclusive right??

If you lack a POSITIVE belief in a deity or deities, congratulations! you're an atheist!

Gnosticism vs agnosticism is merely a statement of certianty.

I think you meant to say that you were a Gnostic (explicit or strong) Atheist vs what you are now which is an agnostic atheist.  :police:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »
I don't bother using some wanky D&D like terms (chaotic agnostic?, lawful atheist? :orly:), it's either agnostic or athiest to me. Claiming i'm a "agnostic athiest" just sounds horribly pedantic and usually follows up a lengthy explanation that leads to nowhere except the person thinking you're a twat.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »
non-practicing here

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »
I don't bother using some wanky D&D like terms (chaotic agnostic?, lawful atheist? :orly:), it's either agnostic or athiest to me.

Didn't I just get done explaining that theism and gnosticism are 2 different categories??  ???

Claiming i'm a "agnostic athiest" just sounds horribly pedantic and usually follows up a lengthy explanation that leads to nowhere except the person thinking you're a twat.

Then you must be explaining yourself wrong. There's an important distinction between Implicit(weak) and Explicit(strong) atheism.

Explicit Atheism= there are no god(s)

Implicit Atheism= there is no good evidence for god(s)

The former requires some kind of evidence because it's making a positive claim.