Author Topic: What's going on here  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
What's going on here
« on: November 28, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »
What's going on here?  All the fighting and excessive spamming.  It used to be there where topics they didn't say in topic long but they started that way now all it seems to be is bicker bicker bicker.  We don't have to get along and have group hugs but the insults are getting a bit much.  If this is what everyone wants so be it but I find it tiring.  Find something to debate or talk about disagree all you like but what's been going on here is boring
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

Re: What's going on here
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
I agree parts.  It is tiring.  Some people just won't quit though.

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
However I would be willing to call a cease-fire.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »
What's going on here?  All the fighting and excessive spamming.  It used to be there where topics they didn't say in topic long but they started that way now all it seems to be is bicker bicker bicker.  We don't have to get along and have group hugs but the insults are getting a bit much.  If this is what everyone wants so be it but I find it tiring.  Find something to debate or talk about disagree all you like but what's been going on here is boring

:plus: Agreed. I'm not posting here as much because I'm tired of all the bickering. It's not even contained to one or two threads. It's all over the rucking board. I've got enough drama in my real life. :P

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 11:56:54 AM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

That's one who else will step up to the plate and be an adult?

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »
Sorry about the dog-spam. I can be a bit of an ass sometimes. I find it funny and forget that it annoys the majority.

I'm also sorry the arguing is annoying everyone else, but I'm not gonna stop this until Les does. I was the bigger one last time and ended it civilly (proof on the board if anyone doesn't believe me). Not gonna do that this time thoug.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 02:22:39 PM »
Everybody get like that some times it happeneds  Now will Sir les step up?

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 08:27:46 PM »
Parts I do appreciate you playing the part of the negotiator but the answer is a "No" of sorts.

Hear me out on this. Intensity had a formula which worked. People with large personalities would bustle about in the forum. A niggle or disagreement would brew and then the two combatants would set up a call-out to thrash whatever problem out. The rest of the board would have a Peanut Gallery. The contestants to the individual call-out would thrash it out and not niggle elsewhere, would not join the Peanut Gallery and would not join each other's call-out. One on one. Drama kept from spreading.

That is what ought to have happened here, in spirit of the place but Bint and Soph treat this like a bit of a spam playground and are happy saying what they like wherever they like, I have felt I had to follow suit just to not be disadvantaged.

We have two Call-out threads against me. They are located solely in the Main Events area.

If Soph and Bint can redirect their angst there, that it where I will get all shots at them. They have their own so no need to back each other in the one thread. The threads that have been started to aim shots at each other we can drop, and no more aiming shots (even subtle ones at each other).

One callout each and it is where it ought to be contained.That is what I propose and that will save the board from the spam bullshit and ongoing sniping. I have always been up for that but just refuse to fight with a hand behind my back if they are prepared to fight all over and I am restricted not to fight anywhere but the callout.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Blasted

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 08:29:13 PM »
So I take it that's a no to parts' question then?  ;)

Blasted

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »

Key words here.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 08:50:29 PM »
So I take it that's a no to parts' question then?  ;)

Read what I said there rather than ask me.
It says everything to be contain soley in the two callouts and that is it. No more starting or continuing brawling around the forum. The fight contained in there as it is supposed to be.

Key words here.

Yes you can see from that, that Parts believes that "stepping up to the plate" make someone an adult. I disagree.
Your point is lost.
The adult solution I have is to stop subjecting everyone else to thread after thread of fighting and contain it within the callout.
Fulfills the same end result that Parts is after. He has started this thread because he, and probably some others are sick of seeing the fighting everywhere. He wants to be reasonable and say "OK guys let's break it". That is reasonable. Containing it is too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Blasted

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 08:56:42 PM »
 ::)

Fine, be a cunt.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »

Read what I said

We do. But sometimes it's difficult to work out what you're saying. Is English your second language?
Not to mention it takes a long time to read through all those words AND translate them... are you getting paid by the word or something?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 09:13:55 PM »
You too Soph. Stick in your callout.
You want to prove you are sorry for Spamming everywhere, this is kind of the time to prove it.