Author Topic: Official thread for other aspergers "related" conditions.  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Official thread for other aspergers "related" conditions.
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:43:59 PM »
I think this needs to be documented. Here would be good, then I can later make a video on it and other people can share their views. Examples include: "I have in itch on my left leg... is that related to aspergers?"

"Are aspergers people more likely to be skinny" etc

Here is number 1. All these quotes are from WP.

Quote from: Anicho
Are aspies expectionally good at PhotoShop as that of NTs?
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt110649.html

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Official thread for other aspergers "related" conditions.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:48:46 PM »
Quote from: ozzie_girl
I've read in a couple of places that it's stereotypical for girls with Aspergers to be obsessed with horses.  I was and I mentioned this to my psychologist and he said is was a dead give away! I was so obsessed with horses I could draw an extremely good likeness from memory (of course I've only ever ridden a horse twice in my life).  I still have a soft spot for them (I even have drew a couple last year) but I'm no longer obsessed.  I have a soft spot for dogs but didn't obsess over them like I did with horses.  So what is with this stereotype?  What is it about horses that attracts Aspie girls (over other animals or other possibilities) and any female Aspies out there - were you ever obsessed with horses?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt107361.html

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:50:27 PM »
Quote from: jodiemh
Alot of people I know of who have Asperger's have been born through Cesareans, and I'm just wondering if there could be some mild connection. My brother was born 11 weeks premature, and is now 11 years old, he has just been diagnosed with Asperger's and he was also born through cesarean. Anyone else hear noticed some sort of mild connection, or does anyone else here have similar experiences... Or is it just a coincidence?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt19496.html

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »
Quote from: kid020
I've been thinking about it and for a relationship to go well wouldn't the person with Asperger's have to be the submissive one in the relationship and need a dominant partner? I mean not to generalise but I think that would work the best way. I mean people with AS would also be naturally somewhat  submissive (both male and female). What does everyone think?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt58331.html

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:27 PM »
This one has to take the cake though.

Quote from: DLJunkie
Just popped into my crazy head last night  :idea:  - could it be true?
Fetishes a sign of aspergers?
Do you have one?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt57060.html

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »
I've been thinking about it and for a relationship to go well wouldn't the person with Asperger's have to be the submissive one in the relationship and need a dominant partner? I mean not to generalise but I think that would work the best way. I mean people with AS would also be naturally somewhat  submissive (both male and female). What does everyone think?

:lol: Draculas response to kid020 is fucking hilarious. I think he got banned.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »
So, you're compiling a study of flawed if not downright ridiculous speculations of conditions associated to Aspergers?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »
Seems like a good use of time to me. Ammunition to use with real stupid threads.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 11:12:56 PM »
So, you're compiling a study of flawed if not downright ridiculous speculations of conditions associated to Aspergers?

Yes

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 11:50:06 PM »

Yes

This should be interesting. I can only imagine what insanity will emerge as the search goes on. To think I used to have the misconception of Autistic people being superior to NTs, but when I was on WP for a while, I realized that it was no better, if not worse in some respects. Same package, different wrapping. People sometimes just need to see what's really going on to correct such misconceptions.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 02:43:49 AM »

Do you think he was banned for that response?

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 03:00:05 AM »

Do you think he was banned for that response?
Not for that specific response Callaway but I seem to recall complaints because he was acerbic or some such thing.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 06:08:46 AM »
Quote from: ozzie_girl
I've read in a couple of places that it's stereotypical for girls with Aspergers to be obsessed with horses.  I was and I mentioned this to my psychologist and he said is was a dead give away! I was so obsessed with horses I could draw an extremely good likeness from memory (of course I've only ever ridden a horse twice in my life).  I still have a soft spot for them (I even have drew a couple last year) but I'm no longer obsessed.  I have a soft spot for dogs but didn't obsess over them like I did with horses.  So what is with this stereotype?  What is it about horses that attracts Aspie girls (over other animals or other possibilities) and any female Aspies out there - were you ever obsessed with horses?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt107361.html

horses? every NT girl is obsessed with them. i never got it.

people are such idiots. not all aspies obsess over one thing. like the train thing. who the fuck thunk that up?
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »
:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
I have 10 fingers do you think that it has something to do with aspergers
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw