Author Topic: Can anyone help Aspies For Freedom?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
Can anyone help Aspies For Freedom?
« on: September 03, 2006, 02:34:16 PM »
An email I received today:-

'As many of you saw the protest against a prenatal test for autism in july went very well. The image was placed on many sites and attracted a lot of attention including getting onto google news. The protest in windsor (London, UK) against autism speaks went exceptionally well. The protestors got to speak with and interview the head of autism speaks in the UK (Steve Shirley). It was also filmed for a documentary on the autism rights movement.

AutTV the autism internet TV channel that we are producing and  to which many of you have contributed has had a fantastic reception. Thousands of people have already watched the broadcasts and we aim to produce many more films in the future.

As some of you may be aware, one of our chatautism admin (Gowron) has recently left the team for personal reasons and has taken his server (rinoa) with him. We are now appealing for anyone else willing to donate a server with a static IP. Recently, we moved to our own DNS servers and are also looking for someone with knowledge of maintaining DNS who can act in a trustworthy and reliable manner when one of our servers changes IPs. If you have a static IP address and a decent internet connection and can open up port 6667 and/or live in the US please contact me (Gareth).

The work against a prenatal test for autism and enlightening the general public on the positive aspects of autism continues. We are always glad for your support.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/phpBB2

duncvis

Re: Can anyone help Aspies For Freedom?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 02:35:33 PM »
Spamtastic.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »
dunc, are you thinking along similar lines to me, about posting certain "music"/"poetry" links...?   >:D

oh, hang on - we'll be threatened with legal shit.  so i'm too scared to.  but there are other people here who don't give a fuck, and are less of a wuss than me, eh...?

:angel:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »
i do not know what any of this means.

i am glad the rally against prenatal testing went well and the meeting with the UK rep for autism speaks.
but other than that i do not know what any of this means.  i do live in the US.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:48:19 AM »
i do not know what any of this means.

i am glad the rally against prenatal testing went well and the meeting with the UK rep for autism speaks.
but other than that i do not know what any of this means.  i do live in the US.
Yeah the Brits never explain do they. :laugh: ;D :laugh: :P
Guardian of the Empire

hiroshima

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 05:08:32 AM »
Thank you esme for this post.  I do know someone with some static IPs, I will ask him.

Teejay

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 07:20:56 AM »
My answer is I am not going to help Aspies for Freedom, in spite I am member but hardly read the forums or post these days  ;D

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »
Thank you esme for this post.  I do know someone with some static IPs, I will ask him.

Let your friend know that they can be a bit difficult to get along with sometimes, as other people who have tried to work with them could probably tell you, Shima.