Educational

Author Topic: Hello, someone with AS condition since the 80s here  (Read 5320 times)

Blasted

Re: Hello, someone with AS condition since the 80s here
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2009, 12:11:56 PM »
I'm not gonna stop being a teen in a few weeks; very devastating and tragic  :'(
:agreed: There is no big difference between 20 years - 2 days and 20 years + 2 days.

I'm slightly confused  :laugh:

Buttcoffee sends his love over from ZOMG btw.

P7PSP

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »
He is hilarious.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2009, 01:02:53 PM »
Tell Buttcoffee he's my favourite shit disturber :green:

on the age thing, it just keeps getting better for me. I'm definitely looking forward to the future and wouldn't want to go back. My 30's rock.

Blasted

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »

Done  :thumbup:

Scrapheap

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »

Done  :thumbup:
\

I'm trying to get to know this buttcoffee charachter. Seems like harmless fun so far.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »
Jman, you've got competition  :zoinks:

Hey, no worries.  I am just here for the ride.
Like Bint said.   :zoinks:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Blasted

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2009, 03:57:26 PM »
Jman, you've got competition  :zoinks:

at this point, I'd prefer you Bint, Fiona's given me blue balls too many times

:orly:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 12:43:50 AM »
G'day Matarick and welcome. I've been an Aspie since 1955, and have therefore had nearly three extra decades of wondering "What the FUCK! is wrong with me already?" and blaming my difficulties on everything from my upbringing to the phases of the frickin' moon. The Asperger's diagnosis is the best fit. It doesn't explain every single thing, but it answers a lot of questions.

I understand the impulse to be winsome and lovable, but doing that for too long at a stretch can cause internal discomfort. Unleashing your inner rat-bastard every so often is therapeutic, and is likely to be better-tolerated here than most other places on the Web (up to a point, of course). Hope you have fun here.

Offline Matarick

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2009, 07:43:25 AM »
G'day Matarick and welcome. I've been an Aspie since 1955, and have therefore had nearly three extra decades of wondering "What the FUCK! is wrong with me already?" and blaming my difficulties on everything from my upbringing to the phases of the frickin' moon. The Asperger's diagnosis is the best fit. It doesn't explain every single thing, but it answers a lot of questions.

I understand the impulse to be winsome and lovable, but doing that for too long at a stretch can cause internal discomfort. Unleashing your inner rat-bastard every so often is therapeutic, and is likely to be better-tolerated here than most other places on the Web (up to a point, of course). Hope you have fun here.

Yeah,  thanks for the insight about just being yourself in here.  Hope things are going well for you.  I've been rather busy with other things such as unemployment, looking for job opportunities, the Thanksgiving Holiday, and being involved in the community.  Well anywho, I will check these forums time to time if something piques my interest.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »
It is good to see you back again, Matarick.:) What kind of stuff do you do in the community?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Matarick

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 04:07:20 AM »
It is good to see you back again, Matarick.:) What kind of stuff do you do in the community?

I participate in a local Autism support group which is independent from any existing organization (due to breaking away from the Autism Society of America).  I help out with parents and aides on giving them advice how to handle AS children.  It gave me more outlook on life but I wish I can find work again, or meet up with a female person who may become a significant other. Dang, I just need to find my paying niche in life.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 10:31:06 AM »
I'm trying to get to know this buttcoffee charachter. Seems like harmless fun so far.

he deleted me and someone else on chaos so yeah, really harmless. :G we had to demote him. he's not banned though cuz chaos is not intense.
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Scrapheap

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

he deleted me and someone else on chaos so yeah, really harmless. :G we had to demote him. he's not banned though cuz chaos is not intense.

Some people can't be trusted with power. Just keep buttcoffee away from pointy things??

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 02:34:31 AM »
Like OH. MY. GOD! I TOTALLY had Aspergers in the 80's too!! Like how cool is that? See, I was like born in the 70's and I'm pretty sure I had it when I was born. Yeah, so that's just like cool. I'm way excited. We can be like best friends now.  :asthing:

Does having AS in the 80's able to be used as an excuse for some of the deplorable clothing I wore?  :P

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 05:55:52 AM »
Like OH. MY. GOD! I TOTALLY had Aspergers in the 80's too!! Like how cool is that? See, I was like born in the 70's and I'm pretty sure I had it when I was born. Yeah, so that's just like cool. I'm way excited. We can be like best friends now.  :asthing:

Does having AS in the 80's able to be used as an excuse for some of the deplorable clothing I wore?  :P

Yay, absolution for my jeans with the zippers down the sides of the calves! :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"