Educational

Author Topic: Another member of the Banned from WP club  (Read 10230 times)

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Another member of the Banned from WP club
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 04:21:00 AM »
Now how the hell you got your ban lifted after doing what you did when what I did was fucking trivial and still can't get anything out of Plank even though I have him on FB.

Really, I don't give a shit about going there or not, but when people post links to stuff and talk about 'this happened at WP', then i guess I'd like to join in for the lulz.

Believe it or not, I got my account restored by making menacing comments about the then mod team here on I2.  I said something along the lines of that shooting them wasn't creative enough, they need to be force fed copies of the TOS or something to that effect, and got an email out of the blue from one of them.  She was actually afraid of me, and indignant that I would want harm to come to her because of how she'd handled things on WP.  I explained to her that I was just making a morbid joke at her expense because I was angry and felt wronged, and laid out why I felt that way.  Went back and forth with some more emails, started a sock-puppet account there during the mod lock out when Sins was finally vanquished, and eventually negotiated the return of my original account.  You might ask Kit as well, she was actually the first person to come back from a ban, I was the second. 
If you're serious about it, talk to Moog, I believe he got Fnord his account back, and Sins had banned him years ago for some bullshit he said to her in a PM.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:14 PM »
Right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 01:47:42 PM »
Right.

That was my same thought.  I have posted lots of mean shit about WP over here, Alex hasn't contacted me yet begging for my forgiveness and sage advice  :M

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
Well, I'm thinking that he's taking way too many lines to say "it's not what you think".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »
OK here is my two cents.
I know over there that Dox was a very active poster on PPR subforum which tended to be a bit more feisty and loosely moderated that the rest of the site. I know that he was a lot more in your face than a lot of the posters at WP. He has said as much and I don't believe anything less.
I know he was banned. I know that QM, Lau and Sins were oxygen thieves.
I know that after the sweeping of old mods that there were a few people allowed back on with sockpuppet accounts and some with their acccounts.
Would it make sense that a person who had contributed to PPR forum like Dox had and perhaps had been banned under questionable reasons, been given an account back? Is it possible that someone seen as heavily involved in that subforum been sought out as a man on the ground in finding out what was going on there at any stage?
All of this does make sense.
Is it possible that with this vaulted position and his very clear views on Parakeet's treatment that he, in exactly the same quest for helping smoothly run PPR, and with this dislikes of the treat Parakeet was getting back then, seek to address the same by informing the Mods with information learned here in confidence, to expose the I2 members there?
Yes. It doesn't mean that this was the case though.

MLA had access to far more of WP than I so I don't know whether what MLA has seen is just logical follow through or whether it is concrete hand in the cookie jar stuff.

It is hard to prove a negative either way.

It looks bad for Dox certainly. Still strong suspicion is one thing and condemnation and absolute assured conviction are two things.

I do not hang my hat on either post yet.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
Now how the hell you got your ban lifted after doing what you did when what I did was fucking trivial and still can't get anything out of Plank even though I have him on FB.

Really, I don't give a shit about going there or not, but when people post links to stuff and talk about 'this happened at WP', then i guess I'd like to join in for the lulz.

Believe it or not, I got my account restored by making menacing comments about the then mod team here on I2.  I said something along the lines of that shooting them wasn't creative enough, they need to be force fed copies of the TOS or something to that effect, and got an email out of the blue from one of them.  She was actually afraid of me, and indignant that I would want harm to come to her because of how she'd handled things on WP.  I explained to her that I was just making a morbid joke at her expense because I was angry and felt wronged, and laid out why I felt that way.  Went back and forth with some more emails, started a sock-puppet account there during the mod lock out when Sins was finally vanquished, and eventually negotiated the return of my original account.  You might ask Kit as well, she was actually the first person to come back from a ban, I was the second. 
If you're serious about it, talk to Moog, I believe he got Fnord his account back, and Sins had banned him years ago for some bullshit he said to her in a PM.

After I got banned under my TCO account back in '07 or '08, I went ballistic slagging QM, MM, Sins and Lau on here as well as zOMG. Slagged them so much I got hell for doing it too much, and it resulted in my first meltdown here. Scrap remembers a meltdown I had at WP from '07, but that's all history now anyway. So if your reasoning is correct, I should have got something from one of them suggesting it was all a mistake blah-blah. What I did get was a whole bunch of crap saying I should be perma-banned, as I had re-registered at least 5 times under different accounts and they just didn't like my style of attacking bullshit. If you remember the names The_Chosen_One, Voltaire, Ogouferay, and at least a couple of others, then you can check some of those posts. That's if QM and sins hadn't delted the fuckers.

So prove to me again how easy it is to get your account back, and I might believe it. After even going to Plank via email, and telling him of their fuckery, even he didn't give a shit, and he runs the place.

IntensitySquared is a far better forum that Fapplanet any day.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
From Doxs wordplay, he has all but admitted there is certain truth in what MLA says. He has been carefull about what he has denied.

Considering how long it took him to give a half way straight answer, coupled with his downright confused attitude to the trolling of VD, I have no reason to believe Dox over anybody.

Also, if someone wrongly accused me of something like that, I would deny it immediately, instead of dancing around with wordplay. It looks to me as if Dox has waited to see if MLA had any proof before giving a denial.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2011, 11:26:45 PM »
So prove to me again how easy it is to get your account back, and I might believe it. After even going to Plank via email, and telling him of their fuckery, even he didn't give a shit, and he runs the place.

The mod that contacted me was DW_a_mom, I went through her and Makuranososhi to negotiate getting my account back.  I can't tell you why it worked for me and not for you, though the real interesting question is who tipped them off about me joking about killing them on here.  Maybe they took a possible threat from me more seriously than from other people?  Beats the hell out of me, you'd have to ask them.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2011, 11:38:47 PM »

The mod that contacted me was DW_a_mom, I went through her and Makuranososhi to negotiate getting my account back.  I can't tell you why it worked for me and not for you, though the real interesting question is who tipped them off about me joking about killing them on here.  Maybe they took a possible threat from me more seriously than from other people?  Beats the hell out of me, you'd have to ask them.

Those 2 you mentioned were just plebes like the rest of the membership when I got the flick. The main mods were QM, MarketyMark, Lau, TM1, maybe gbollard and sins had been appointed after my original ban. She was fucking crazy, and had more balls than the rest of the male mods put together. QM obvioulsy had a thing for Fagtime, as he wouldn't have a bar of anyone going after him.

BTW, one of the best contributors in PPR then was Flagg.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »
From Doxs wordplay, he has all but admitted there is certain truth in what MLA says. He has been carefull about what he has denied.

Considering how long it took him to give a half way straight answer, coupled with his downright confused attitude to the trolling of VD, I have no reason to believe Dox over anybody.

Also, if someone wrongly accused me of something like that, I would deny it immediately, instead of dancing around with wordplay. It looks to me as if Dox has waited to see if MLA had any proof before giving a denial.

What you're seeing is me posting around a work schedule and a wife, I don't just sit here and post all day you know.  I've also come right out and said there is a grain of truth to what MLA said, I was and am a lot tighter with some of the later WP mods than I generally let be known in public.  I help keep an eye on things in PPR, and I'm sure there is some sort of protocol for dealing with me in light of this, I wouldn't know for sure because I've never seen the WP moderator WL.  What I'm not is a snitch or a spy, I never used information I gained here to do anything on WP, that's not what I do or did.  Lots of people have both I2 and WP accounts, and things have leaked both ways for years before I ever showed up at either site.  Maybe the question you should be asking is that if I'm supposed to be so tight with Plank and co, than why aren't I a mod?  Think I've never been nominated?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2011, 08:50:46 AM »
Think I've never been nominated?

I know you have never been nominated.  At least your name has never been presented to Alex for approval.  The way it was put to me was that you were "more valuable in your current role".

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »

What you're seeing is me posting around a work schedule and a wife, I don't just sit here and post all day you know.  I've also come right out and said there is a grain of truth to what MLA said, I was and am a lot tighter with some of the later WP mods than I generally let be known in public.  I help keep an eye on things in PPR, and I'm sure there is some sort of protocol for dealing with me in light of this, I wouldn't know for sure because I've never seen the WP moderator WL.  What I'm not is a snitch or a spy, I never used information I gained here to do anything on WP, that's not what I do or did.  Lots of people have both I2 and WP accounts, and things have leaked both ways for years before I ever showed up at either site.  Maybe the question you should be asking is that if I'm supposed to be so tight with Plank and co, than why aren't I a mod?  Think I've never been nominated?

You never told anyone at WP the things you've heard here?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »
You never told anyone at WP the things you've heard here?

Nope.  I have been asked about this place and what the deal with it is, and my answer has been that it's just a less moderated AS site with few rules and a lot of former WP members, some of whom are mad at the place.  If that makes me a "reliable source of info on I2", than that says more about the WP mods than it does about me.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »
I know you have never been nominated.  At least your name has never been presented to Alex for approval.  The way it was put to me was that you were "more valuable in your current role".

:orly:

I've got an email sitting in an outside account warning me to clean out my WP PM box of anything incriminating because Plank might be taking a look.  Since I don't kiss and tell, I'm not going to tell you the name on the email or when I got it; but does that process sound familiar to you?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »

:orly:

I've got an email sitting in an outside account warning me to clean out my WP PM box of anything incriminating because Plank might be taking a look.  Since I don't kiss and tell, I'm not going to tell you the name on the email or when I got it; but does that process sound familiar to you?

:yawn: