Educational

Author Topic: Another member of the Banned from WP club  (Read 10220 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Another member of the Banned from WP club
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
If there was no alex, there would be another retard in place. This plan to "destroy" alex and WP is fucking crap, it will not work.

Yeah. it would probable play out like "Animal Farm".
I thought it already has, several times, in miniature.  Then again, what do I know, I quit following the cross-board drama years ago.

It isn't necessary to follow the drama. It's a story as old as time itsself.  :yawn:

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
i always liked snowball
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Celticgoddess

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2009, 07:18:44 AM »
If there was no alex, there would be another retard in place. This plan to "destroy" alex and WP is fucking crap, it will not work.

Yeah. it would probable play out like "Animal Farm".
I thought it already has, several times, in miniature.  Then again, what do I know, I quit following the cross-board drama years ago.

It isn't necessary to follow the drama. It's a story as old as time itsself.  :yawn:

Seriously.

Stop. Rewind. Play. Stop. Rewind. Play. :P

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »

Stop. Eject Disc. Power Off.

Done and done.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:40 PM »

Done and done.

Frisbee the disc. Shoot. Overdone.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »

Done and done.

This is true. Why didn't I think of that?  :facepalm2:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »
Just got banned last night, and they seem to have locked me out of my own account so I can't even change my sig to let people know I was banned, bastards.  I'm fighting it, I managed to unearth some personal phone numbers for Alex, and am going to try to have a chat with him in the next few days about whats' being done in his name on his board, that should be interesting. 

In the meantime, I'm Dox, you're new resident gun guy (2 year degree in gunsmithing, walk in gunsafe in living room...), cigar and Scotch snob, and militant libertarian.  From the amount of vitriol I see being slung around here, I should fit in just fine. :thumbup:

Hmmmm.  Wonder how he got his ban reversed  :hmmm:

Also because it's boring as hell.

Edit: People should simply stop going there. By going there they enable Alex.

Yep, and when I get some breathing room IRL over here, I'll be starting my campaign to stop as many people as possible from going there, if nothing else the results should be interesting.

Indeed.  How did that campaign go?  You really, really hate that place, don't you?  You joined this site guns blazing and bitching about how much you hate the moderator staff at WP.  Did the lady protest too much? Was it really this obvious from the very start?

Scrapheap

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Just got banned last night, and they seem to have locked me out of my own account so I can't even change my sig to let people know I was banned, bastards.  I'm fighting it, I managed to unearth some personal phone numbers for Alex, and am going to try to have a chat with him in the next few days about whats' being done in his name on his board, that should be interesting. 

In the meantime, I'm Dox, you're new resident gun guy (2 year degree in gunsmithing, walk in gunsafe in living room...), cigar and Scotch snob, and militant libertarian.  From the amount of vitriol I see being slung around here, I should fit in just fine. :thumbup:

Hmmmm.  Wonder how he got his ban reversed  :hmmm:

Also because it's boring as hell.

Edit: People should simply stop going there. By going there they enable Alex.

Yep, and when I get some breathing room IRL over here, I'll be starting my campaign to stop as many people as possible from going there, if nothing else the results should be interesting.

Indeed.  How did that campaign go?  You really, really hate that place, don't you?  You joined this site guns blazing and bitching about how much you hate the moderator staff at WP.  Did the lady protest too much? Was it really this obvious from the very start?

Ho DAMN!!!

Someone got hoisted by their own petard!!! :rofl:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2011, 12:58:45 AM »
Heh, so much for the high and mighty attitude, he's no better than us. :zoinks:

Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2011, 01:22:02 AM »
Heh, so much for the high and mighty attitude, he's no better than us. :zoinks:

Just another plebe in the Roman galley.  :lol:

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2011, 02:24:10 AM »
Yep, I was pretty pissed when I got banned, stayed that way for a while, too.  Then I got to actually talking with the more reasonable end of the mod team, figured out that Alex was the real problem, and learned that a different approach to people than endlessly rubbing there noses in how wrong they were worked better.  I'm a different guy now then I was when I wrote that, how bout any of you? 

I'm on WP under my own account, the mods I had real problems with are toast, and my home PPR forum is allowed the wide leeway I always demanded of the old mods.  Anyone here ever draw a warning from Sins for saying something like "only a fool would believe that" because she decided that was a personal attack that day?  That doesn't happen anymore.  Not that you'd know about that sort of thing MLA, you weren't around in those days.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2011, 02:37:06 AM »
Yep, I was pretty pissed when I got banned, stayed that way for a while, too.  Then I got to actually talking with the more reasonable end of the mod team, figured out that Alex was the real problem, and learned that a different approach to people than endlessly rubbing there noses in how wrong they were worked better.  I'm a different guy now then I was when I wrote that, how bout any of you? 

I'm on WP under my own account, the mods I had real problems with are toast, and my home PPR forum is allowed the wide leeway I always demanded of the old mods.  Anyone here ever draw a warning from Sins for saying something like "only a fool would believe that" because she decided that was a personal attack that day?  That doesn't happen anymore.  Not that you'd know about that sort of thing MLA, you weren't around in those days.

Plenty of times, and fucking Quaterfag or MarketyMark banned me for saying 'and we all know what a pervert Raggy is' which was stating fact given the shit he wrote in the adult forum. My partner got the shaft from Lau for suggesting that 'if you wanted support you'd be better with a truss' saying that WP wasn\t treating the membership with the respect they deserved. She also wanted the Childrens' forum moved away from the adult area so that the kids wouldn't come into contact with the adult stuff, and perverts like Ragtime wouldn't trawl for kids. Lau said rudely 'would you like to run the place?'

Now how the hell you got your ban lifted after doing what you did when what I did was fucking trivial and still can't get anything out of Plank even though I have him on FB.

Really, I don't give a shit about going there or not, but when people post links to stuff and talk about 'this happened at WP', then i guess I'd like to join in for the lulz.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2011, 02:42:07 AM »

Still playing the high and mighty card I see? Who are you trying to impress, the guests lurking in your shadow?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2011, 02:56:30 AM »

Still playing the high and mighty card I see? Who are you trying to impress, the guests lurking in your shadow?

You mean?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 02:59:23 AM »
Not exactly, but he's clearly putting on a show for someone other than us.