Author Topic: Childhood memories that suddenly got triggered.  (Read 193 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Childhood memories that suddenly got triggered.
« on: August 27, 2017, 12:02:47 PM »
Sometimes a thing can trigger me, and I am back in time for decades.

Made an omelette today, simple one with salt pepper and cheese. Took the first bite of my slice of bread with omelette and I was back in a bus, back on an elementary school trip. I can hardly recall anything of the eight major school outings I had from age 4 to age 12. But the memories I have are awesome. The rolls with omelette my mother would make for lunch on those days. She made them in abundance, because schooltrips make you hungry. Think she would make 12 rolls for each of her cgildren. Those rolls were awesome. I'd start eating the first one the moment the bus left the parking space. School would take care of drinking. Sunkist pyramid shaped packages.

I've got the best memories of school outings ever.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Childhood memories that suddenly got triggered.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:59:19 PM »
When I was younger we lived in Houston and visited New Orleans once a year.  Those trips always included a day trip with our maternal grandmother to the shopping district (Canal Street) and the French Quarter.  Lunch was always a Krystal burger.  Small bun, thin patty, caramelized onions, no condiments.  Eventually the chain of stores left New Orleans. 

Twenty years later Tastee Doughnuts began offering Krystal burgers.  Went in one late night, the only customer there.  Ordered a Krystal burger.  Bit into it and immediately turned to talk to Grandma Teenie.  The taste was EXACTLY the same.  I know things aren't supposed to taste the same when you grow up, but......
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:25:22 AM »
The foil pouch type orange drinks that you stick a narrow, pointy little straw into a tiny foil disk at the top front end ? those? yeah I remember those.

And that just brought back memories of my LFA school where we had a snack-time mid morning, first secondary school I went to, always crappy blackcurrant and apple squash, with biscuits. And the autistic paki kid that always kept going on about basmati rice, year in, year bloody out:P

(not once had it ever been served there)

And remember too, the classes taking turns to cook for the entire class for lunch, as well as if wanted, for whoever did the cooking that week. And always wanting when it was my turn to invite this girl called kate, LFA-medium-F-A girl, had the CUTEST stimmy mannerisms, great looker, and there was just that something about her that made EVERYBODY with a pair of eyes in their head and a brain behind them turn in her direction.

Her, often, or another girl, LFA girl called laura, I'd always hope if anyone else did the cooking they'd invite either kate or laura too. Haven't seen kate but once since I left the school. Lost touch. Have seen laura though. Weird...she literally has not aged. At all. When we were both maybe 11-12, fancied the crap out of her, and despite the fact that if you had known her then and saw her this very day, you'd think 'where the hell did 20-22-23 years or so vanish in between, since she's still age-less, as if in freeze frame pictures. Still do fancy her though, she's retained her good looks, is as cute as buttons and just....well...adorably sweet. Lovely girl, haven't screwed up the courage yet to ask her out but I want to. She's got this way of getting into my head, always has, even in the middle of the night, often, literally, I'll see her there in a dream in some context. In meatspace, IRL, she is just a HUGE delight, just to be in the same room with her, to talk to her is enough to make my week. Yup...she's got something about her alright, that's driven me crazy since the first moment I ever spoke with her. Really pretty too:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 01:29:13 AM »
And not childhood memory, but that just called up my memory of the last time I saw laura, me and a friend of mine who coincidentally both went to different spesh schools with her, went to see her, since the mutual friend knew how to find her place, and her parents (laura's) were really very  much 'good peoples', kind, warm, welcoming and serving us cookies and coke. Me obliging her little brother (also LFA) with a game of his pokemon cards, their folks just fine with me lazing about on the floor with them, playing the card game, catching up about old times.

Soon as I can get hold of the other friend, that hopefully still knows where to find laura and mike, I really want to go back, and finally, after all these years, let her know she is loved, and to offer myself as hers if she will but take me.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 12:12:36 AM »
LFA are crazy smart. It's because they never talk. They have time to think. They know the secrets of the universe in their minds. They are Law of Attraction masters. The ones that tantrum are the Nazi fucks that abused them. That's why I was so triggered. The noise was so loud. I was in hell when I was alive.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:15:29 AM by Duckfetishgirl »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.