Educational

Author Topic: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?  (Read 19297 times)

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
Re: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2012, 04:31:45 AM »
What sort of music do you like? Or sorts!
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2012, 05:45:19 AM »
POp and Rock mainly. I dislike the Churned out melodies with no substance by people who have a nice image but no real talent
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2012, 05:49:52 AM »
Well, a lot of people praise 'pop' music for being 'meaningless'! Which it isn't, exactly but that's a  :CanofWorms: so, just some examples of which artists/ tracks might help clarify a bit?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2012, 05:55:19 AM »
Well, a lot of people praise 'pop' music for being 'meaningless'! Which it isn't, exactly but that's a  :CanofWorms: so, just some examples of which artists/ tracks might help clarify a bit?

MArron 5, Sia, Adele, Cold Chisel, Crowded House/Split Enz, Nickleback, Theseare examples of Artists with a lot of good stuff and of course there are many one hit wonders and the like. Most often an artist will post one or two tracks and if they post othes they will be mediocre at best. I wouls say 1 of 5 songs in the top 40 will be good to listen to but I like listening to the pop stations because enough good songs come up and regularly to make up for the shit too. :)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2012, 06:17:00 AM »
Well, I like most pop! (& all sorts of stuff) Some more than others but it's just my eclectic tastes...

P7PSP

« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2012, 06:27:55 AM »

MArron 5, Sia, Adele, Cold Chisel, Crowded House/Split Enz, Nickleback, Theseare examples of Artists with a lot of good stuff and of course there are many one hit wonders and the like. Most often an artist will post one or two tracks and if they post othes they will be mediocre at best. I wouls say 1 of 5 songs in the top 40 will be good to listen to but I like listening to the pop stations because enough good songs come up and regularly to make up for the shit too. :)
How often do you listen to Theseare? They are one of my favorites along with Notheyarent.  :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »

How often do you listen to Theseare? They are one of my favorites along with Notheyarent.  :zoinks:

Yeah they don't do too bad. I reckon there is an upcoming grunge band called Shit-stirrer you may like. :P

Actually that reminds me, Van Halen, InXS, Pearl Jam and Guns and Roses are pretty good too.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2012, 07:36:23 AM »
What on earth's Meadow up to, in the callouts, do you think?  :apondering:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2012, 07:53:12 AM »
What on earth's Meadow up to, in the callouts, do you think?  :apondering:

I dunno. It seems to me that she is obsessively hitting out at the people she imagines (rightly or wrongly) have been against her or are encapusulated in her mind as the enemy

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2012, 07:59:13 AM »
Well, yeah? Somehow, in her mind, I'm her enemy, too? Wow, never been anybody's enemy before! Despite, without knowing anything about it, I tried to help her in her other fights! Sheesh, some people. Does remind me of a kitten I fished out of a bramble bush not that long ago, which duly thanked me - with it's claws! *shrugs"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2012, 08:10:52 AM »
Well, yeah? Somehow, in her mind, I'm her enemy, too? Wow, never been anybody's enemy before! Despite, without knowing anything about it, I tried to help her in her other fights! Sheesh, some people. Does remind me of a kitten I fished out of a bramble bush not that long ago, which duly thanked me - with it's claws! *shrugs"

Don't sweat it Bruce. I hope in time that this drama dies down and in the meantime she is striking at people and maybe in time she won't?

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2012, 08:23:20 AM »
Hope so, for her sake, she's not hurting me!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2012, 10:03:49 AM »
Hope so, for her sake, she's not hurting me!

:whipped:   :poopy:  There, feel better now?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
I was fine, thanks, anyway but those are funny!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »
Sir Les, who as a child influenced you the most for the good? 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: