Author Topic: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?  (Read 19281 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
YOu know I have a daughter and I thik that the world she grows up in is "better" for her and the benefits reaped from the Feminist movment. I DO believe that the world is better off and I do think in general that society is better off. But like all things it is not perfect and that in many ways that it has also hurt society. Maybe not in genral or even easily definable ways. But hurt it nonetheless. Is this better than what was before....I would have to say yes. So I will have to see examples where Feminism and Feminists have done disservices to society and say "Better than the alternative."
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »
Sure, the world is improving, overall, in many ways & it'll swing back to a better balance! Problem being what 'equality' means in human terms. I'm as human as somebody who's got no legs but there's plenty of clear practical disadvantages to not having them. Only, with the sexes, the differences (the ones relevant to a general discussion about it) are less clear & what they do mean is much less so. Along with people's ability to make total nonsense sound plausible, it's a minefield of a debate, at best! lol
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:49 AM »
Sure, the world is improving, overall, in many ways & it'll swing back to a better balance! Problem being what 'equality' means in human terms. I'm as human as somebody who's got no legs but there's plenty of clear practical disadvantages to not having them. Only, with the sexes, the differences (the ones relevant to a general discussion about it) are less clear & what they do mean is much less so. Along with people's ability to make total nonsense sound plausible, it's a minefield of a debate, at best! lol

OK this is what I mean Bruce

There was a time that husbands were allowed to beat and rape their wives. Nowdays this is very much looked down on and crimislised (like it should be). Men can no longer use this to dominate women and trap them.
However how often in cases where a woman wants to "punish" a man, will she use this or even the insinuation of this "the voilent ex" to get better support for herself or put up barriers to child access. The courts and social services will support her and the man is disempowered and can for no good reason be barred from seeing his children or have what may be reasonable access denied on a spiteful fancy.
Better than the alternative though.
The same with general allegations of rape. There was a time that to make a case for rape the victim had to go through a gruelling process in which she was basically classed as guilty herself to make a case for her claim of rape. She would have to prove that it was not consensual and that she made every effort to fight him off and resist.
Nowdays many women in situations where they are wanting to punish the man or where they regret the encounter will use this as another way of attacking a man. The rape claim. It is appalling because it waters down the legitimate claims that NEED support.
Child support from my understnding was set up to force the male partner to paying towards the children and stop them from initiating a dissolution of the relationship and leaving the mother a single mother and having to support herself and her child alone. They tried from what i understand to make this a deterrent costwise for the man to leave.
However with more than 50% of marriages not working , it is not always the man wanting to leave nor the want to desert his parental responsibilities. If there is a breakdoen in the relationship shared care is still not a default and it means that a father wanting to see his children will often have to work long hours to afford to pay tax an dchild support and get little access and not be able to set himself up fionancially for at least the 18 years of the child growing up. His chance at being able to provide for yet another family is restricted and The ex-wife will get the child support and often social support and/or welfare and society will endevour to look after her interests in thougt that the children will be alright. All the while she will get the lion share of the child access and usually a lions share of assets on the dissolution of the marriage.

In all of this, which is the better alternative? I am a man and i still say today's way is far better and fairer. It is simply  not good or commendable but far better.

Of course in all of this there can be made very good cases for things working in reverse and individual casess where such and such happened and none of this is hard and fast BUT the point to be made is that the changes in society are not all beneficial and very open to abuse and even with acknowledging this, today's way is better and would not have come about without Feminism.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
I agreed, Al, about it being far better than it was! It's just that, inevitably, when the main work of any such movement is, actually, done, it gets taken over by the extremist members. The moderates say 'job done' & go off to get on with their lives, while the extremists carry on campaigning. It's also kind of like a religion; one priest abusing somebody gets far more attention than all the basically good ones that mostly go unnoticed. Glad you did the 'essay' about it & I hope you understand my 'angle' on it, which was never disagreeing with you, anyway! (It'd usually be obvious if I were, lol)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
They seem very keen for plenty more of your 'lengthy essays', or something, lols? Most of them seem to have a 'love-hate' "relationship" with you. They've spent a lot of posts complaining about your posts & yet seem very unhappy you're not posting more there! lols.

Two lols in one post FTW

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2012, 02:01:08 AM »
I did pm you & Hykes, to ask if you could both post in ASAR, Sir Les; I hear it's gone rather quiet? Just like to know, either way, if you'd mind helping them out a bit?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »
I did pm you & Hykes, to ask if you could both post in ASAR, Sir Les; I hear it's gone rather quiet? Just like to know, either way, if you'd mind helping them out a bit?

Sorry yes got your PM but been a bit preoccupied. I left for a pretty good reason and not really that keen to stir some life into it.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #187 on: March 31, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »
Ah, well, according to a source, that was, mostly, to do with a user who's left there, now? I wouldn't expect that to put you off the whole forum, though, so I imagine there must be a bit more to this....?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:56 AM »
Ah, well, according to a source, that was, mostly, to do with a user who's left there, now? I wouldn't expect that to put you off the whole forum, though, so I imagine there must be a bit more to this....?

Oh there were two there I did not have the time of day one was Grantenelli (sp?) the other was someone starting with M (Not being vague, it was a while ago. Two members with usernames starting with M and one was really nice and the other one not so nice). Was a waste of my time being there and I can not see how it would be different now. I tried to put a bit of life into the place. When I was there. My efforts nt that appreciated.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2012, 04:58:01 AM »
Well, the source only mentioned G, so seems to have missed something! It seems such a shame but I think I've done as much as I can to help them, then. Unless Hykes would like to pop back & contribute but I assume not! That forum isn't well suited to you though, I have to admit. (I don't think it'd be much better suited to me going back, either, really....?)  :-\

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »
Well, the source only mentioned G, so seems to have missed something! It seems such a shame but I think I've done as much as I can to help them, then. Unless Hykes would like to pop back & contribute but I assume not! That forum isn't well suited to you though, I have to admit. (I don't think it'd be much better suited to me going back, either, really....?)  :-\

Some times I can be a little blunt and opinionated.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2012, 06:21:30 AM »

A little!? Nah....  :angel:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2012, 08:11:38 AM »

A little!? Nah....  :angel:

Sometimes I am a little understated too  :zoinks:

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »
Borrowing English traits, tut! How are you & Hykes, though; getting on well, I hope?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »
Borrowing English traits, tut! How are you & Hykes, though; getting on well, I hope?

Of course we were once Britsh before that little matter of the arrestingand year long voyage and banishment to Australia thing. But that is all water under the bridge.  :P

As to my Mad cow? I idolise her and love her to bits and I think she thinks that I am Ok too  :)