Educational

Author Topic: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?  (Read 19043 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »
Nope
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 09:51:31 PM »
Is it true your a Bronze and drive a V8 Interceptor
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 01:19:10 AM »

You know, I would really like to tell you but then I would have to kill you and I like you too much Parts :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:35:41 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
My dog is far more attractive than you :moon:

There is a funny social commentary about pet owners looking like their pets. You do....if your pet is facing the other way with its tail in the air.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:34:56 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 07:18:06 AM »
How do you manage to write the way you do when it is difficult for you to do?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »
A good question and I will give you a sensible answer.

I am dyslexic. Part of me like Autism. I love reading and writing, always have. At school I did poorly. My parents basically just after too many nights and for too long labouring and getting embarrassed and frustrated at my own ineptitude at reading aloud just used to sign the reading books as read. My teachers used to fill my pages with unslightly underscores and read circles and my writing got smaller and smaller until they could barely read the writing little lone the spelling errors and it is a legacy I have kept to this day.

That said I persevered. I took a nightfill job in my later years and this paid for two tutors and as a result I passed (though not well) and came out of school barely literate. I joined the workforce and did nightschool part time for a few years to improve my writing. Pressure was off and it basically taught me to read and write better. The prep course for Uni resulted in me getting accepted into Uni.

I figured that writing was never going to be easy and no one else was going to help so I may as well do as best I could. It was not the writing or reading that was the problem. I do enjoy it as I say, it was me.

Most shit like this I push myself at and am a hard taskmaster. My job at the moment is in sales on the phone. Social skills and empathy and understanding the customer's mindset? Yeah there is a big part in this and it is difficult as all hell. It is harder for me and I take shorter breaks and work longer hours than the others and they laugh about it all. I need to do it in order to manage my job though. I am doing better than most if not all there and being very noticed by the upper echelons. It is not because I am better just because I work my arse off.

I have a presentation to do on Friday in front of an audience. Scares shit out of me. Then again most shit I have to do at work and what not does. It is just something that I have to do in order to get on in life. No one is going to make my sales for me or get me moved up the ladder there and that is the way I will be able to keep food on the table, roof over my head and provide a role model for my kids of a good Dad.

Might sound all a bit too stressful. How do I manage my stress? I don't. I have heart attacks :P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »
Wow. I think you are one awesome person to work at it like you have. :)

I did a uni preparation course as well, I would not have gotten into uni otherwise.

Maybe for your presentation, you can show more so you talk less. I did that when I had to give a ten minute presentation.

I have no dyslexia at all (I think myself lucky for this) but I have a hard time getting my thoughts out in written form. It takes ages to write anything. Being a slow typer makes it worse. I cannot write fiction as I find it difficult to think of something to write about. I got very low marks in school.

Anyway, I admire you for your perseverance. I don't think the huge amount of perseverance you have is common in people.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 06:06:22 AM »
Thanks Ren. OK very stuck for words.  ;)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 06:32:27 AM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 06:50:41 AM »
 :laugh:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »
I want to know why australians are all smart arses. Is it becaus eyou hate your accents?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2009, 09:51:35 AM »
I want to know why australians are all smart arses. Is it becaus eyou hate your accents?

Yeah, cos someone from NZ can complain about accents.  :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »
I'm such a perv.

Think Australian accent is sexy, as well as Scottish.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »

It is a cultural thing.

:google: Larrikinism.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 02:22:45 AM »
I want to know why you keep making this generalisation. Is it because you don't know many Australians?
Tek'ma'tae