Author Topic: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?  (Read 19230 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Anything you want to know about Sir Les?
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
Is everything okay?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Is everything okay?

Yes and no. Life is throwing more than a few curveballs of late. But the walls aren't exactly crumbling down around me.
I am probably getting a lot more sleep than you at the moment so no grounds to complain on that score
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2016, 09:53:32 AM »
Is everything okay?

Yes and no. Life is throwing more than a few curveballs of late. But the walls aren't exactly crumbling down around me.
I am probably getting a lot more sleep than you at the moment so no grounds to complain on that score

Let me know if I can help brother.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #333 on: May 25, 2016, 02:39:38 AM »
Is everything okay?

Let me know if I can help brother.

Its all good mate.

I think the main thing that bothered me with this is that I expected more out of Odeon and Hell, perhaps I have simply had higher expectations than reasonable. I felt very much a sense of him trying to play me. I was insulted a little at the thought. Very indignant. Not only was I being told what I was doing when I was not doing what I was accused of BUT he was trying to sell me a poor lie.

It rankled me. Like his "tutoring" it came across as him (for whatever reasons of his own) trying to sell a weak narrative ABOUT me and expect me to vacantly nod my head and agree to it. Me not being able to see through it and expecting others to agree.

Now this may not have been what happened. But that is what got me fired up. I do expect that conduct from some others but not him. I was indignant and insulted and sure as Hell was not going to let this narrative pushing be simply a "difference of opinion" or even be a viable option.

"Al is shit. Don't you agree? You don't agree that you are shit? Oh well, we all have different opinions on things". That is why I pushed so hard. It did not look like the kind of thing Odeon would say and I wanted to get to the bottom of why. I did not want the answer to be, "Odeon felt like making baseless and weak accusations at me and then would seek to try to condescend to me by playing tutor for no good reason and would be surprised that I latched onto him.

Its not so much out of character as a bad combination of elements. My general mood is only one element in the equation.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2016, 01:13:26 AM »
I'm sorry to be adding to the curveballs, Al. I was not trying to play you, or insult you (even though I do understand that what I said might be insulting anyway). I regret the rather clumsy rephrasing I did (all that pretence stuff) and do agree that I should have done it better. I took me some time to get to what I actually wanted to say, I think, and I am sorry for that because it added to the insult.

I did perceive you as rather unreasonable at times, which contributed to some of my grumpiness. That "tutoring" thing is an example of that, a reaction. I'm not above being a jerk either.

So regardless of the argument, I am sorry. I don't feel good about it because I don't like to hurt my friends.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2016, 04:43:11 AM »
I'm sorry to be adding to the curveballs, Al. I was not trying to play you, or insult you (even though I do understand that what I said might be insulting anyway). I regret the rather clumsy rephrasing I did (all that pretence stuff) and do agree that I should have done it better. I took me some time to get to what I actually wanted to say, I think, and I am sorry for that because it added to the insult.

I did perceive you as rather unreasonable at times, which contributed to some of my grumpiness. That "tutoring" thing is an example of that, a reaction. I'm not above being a jerk either.

So regardless of the argument, I am sorry. I don't feel good about it because I don't like to hurt my friends.

Thanks.

Its unfortunate that even now you are telling me that I knowingly misrepresented someone.

Odeon, if I did something "knowingly", doesn't that give rise to me having to both be aware of it and be an active participant in bringing about that "misrepresentation"? I don't think there is much grey area. If you do something knowingly you are both knowing you are doing it and with intent.

Now whether you are even doing that thing (which I am sure as Hell not conceding because I do not know the instance and I am not going to nod without examining the situation - for all I know that is BS), IF I was neither deliberately or aware of misrepresenting (if as I say it was misrepresented at all), then how could it be "knowingly".

It sounds to me, correct me if I am wrong (and tell me this is not an extension of tutoring) that you are telling me what I was thinking, my intent, my motivation, and trying to make me aware of what my own motivations, thought and intents were, AND stating them as facts, without having the slightest idea, nor without proof of knowing what I was thinking/knowing/aware/realising?

If you are doing this, and building a narrative by which you are aware of what I think, or can retroactively change my intent to be what intent and motive you want me to think, to mold into your premise of intellectual dishonesty AND (despite my constant assertions that I did not think what you would have had me think), then is this action an Honest, dishonest, intellectually honest or intellectually dishonest response?

Can you see why this kind of thing would still rankle me?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:35:54 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2016, 03:29:49 PM »
Al, if you don't read his posts but still reply and attempt to tell us what he is saying, then you are misrepresenting him, and doing it knowingly because the only way you could possibly actually know what he is going to say is by reading him.

Or you could be incredibly lucky and guess right, but that didn't happen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »
Al, if you don't read his posts but still reply and attempt to tell us what he is saying, then you are misrepresenting him, and doing it knowingly because the only way you could possibly actually know what he is going to say is by reading him.

Examples please

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2016, 02:19:07 AM »

Examples please

See the peanut gallery thread about us.

But I just realised that my phrasing, above, seems to imply that you did read him. That wasn't what I meant. See that other thread for an explanation of the "knowingly".

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2016, 08:23:20 AM »

Examples please

See the peanut gallery thread about us.

But I just realised that my phrasing, above, seems to imply that you did read him. That wasn't what I meant. See that other thread for an explanation of the "knowingly".

So ironic means incorrect?

Regardless those examples were not examples, so if you COULD provide examples, that would be great. Those examples if anything showed the opposite of what I asked you to show a case for what you were saying.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »
This could go in the Medical Geeks thread, but (I don't want to offend you but I am really curious) what was it like when you had a heart attack? Did you know what it was straight away? Was there anyone around to help you?

Heart stuff interests me - I can't take a certain med because it affects my heart and I get ectopic beats fairly often.

Do you have to take meds since the attack? Look after yourself more? That I hope you do. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #341 on: May 29, 2016, 11:12:27 PM »
This could go in the Medical Geeks thread, but (I don't want to offend you but I am really curious) what was it like when you had a heart attack? Did you know what it was straight away? Was there anyone around to help you?

Heart stuff interests me - I can't take a certain med because it affects my heart and I get ectopic beats fairly often.

Do you have to take meds since the attack? Look after yourself more? That I hope you do. ;)

I had been pretty ill and very stressed.
I'd been waking up with heart pain nightly for months. I was too stressed over other stuff to glide it much mind.
When I had my heart attack, it was different. It was a lot worse.
I was by myself and it was early morning. After a few hours of pain, I drove to hospital.
They kept me overnight but I felt a bit better in the morning and bailed (signed myself out). I overdid things and collapsed a few hours later at a friend's place.
It took months for me to get back to "normal".
My immunity system was knocked hard. I caught swine flu, pneumonia and glandular fever within that 12 months.
I had a septic gall bladder out that put a lot of strain on my body (to the point doctor said I had about 3 weeks to live).

I came good.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:36 AM »
Glad you are ok now. Your friends took care of you? The gall bladder situation sounds alarming.

I had swine flu too, but it was very mild.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2016, 07:24:54 AM »
Glad you are ok now. Your friends took care of you? The gall bladder situation sounds alarming.

I had swine flu too, but it was very mild.

Yup I was housebound for about a week and Sidelined from working for about 3 weeks. I was in pretty bad shape. Jaundiced, a lot of fluid retention and swelling, trouble breathing, profusely sweating and labouring doing anything and next to no energy.

I know it sounds stupid, but I had of course been sick in the past. A bad cough or cold and I would ride it out and recover quickly. I was not "used" to being really sick. I had nothing to gauge it off. Because I had some big stressors in my life, it was an inconvenience. If I was waking up in pain in my chest, I blamed indigestion and all it meant to me is that I was being robbed of sleep that I needed desperately in order to wake up in a four or five hours to go to work. Time managing pain was time I could be sleeping. I have a high pain threshold and would "walk it off", then collapse exhausted and fall into sleep was it abated.

I was young and lucky

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #344 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:52 PM »
Have you heard about the situation with Bearing on YouTube??