Educational

Author Topic: Bint! WTF Were You Thinking?  (Read 7702 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Bint! WTF Were You Thinking?
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »
Sometimes having the show costs more than dealing with things quitely. All Odeon's approach does is encourage more people to behave in a similar fashion - that is where the problem lies. Having a clear and quickly enforced TOS is more than enough to ensure the sites survivability. Hosts normally give a warning before taking action.

True. But I suppose the danger lies mostly with the fact, that a disgruntled user could exploit the TOS violation to retaliate against this site.
In which case, Odeon is only encouraging them to do so.

It's always a risk, Hadron. If you'd had any experience with this sort of thing you'd know that.

And again: Why should I be the only one here who is not allowed to call someone out when I'm pissed off?

You can call them out - just that it would do the site a lot of good if you were diplomatic about these kind of things. Now the next person to get disenfranchised with this place knows exactly what to do...

Post nudes in the newsbox?

Hadron, it would do this site a lot of good if you'd kindly shut the fuck up when your only input seems to be to disagree with me, no matter what.
Something on those lines, yes. But you really do show yourself up as easy to antagonise.

::)

You really are ignorant, aren't you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »
Sometimes having the show costs more than dealing with things quitely. All Odeon's approach does is encourage more people to behave in a similar fashion - that is where the problem lies. Having a clear and quickly enforced TOS is more than enough to ensure the sites survivability. Hosts normally give a warning before taking action.

True. But I suppose the danger lies mostly with the fact, that a disgruntled user could exploit the TOS violation to retaliate against this site.

It's always a risk, Hadron. If you'd had any experience with this sort of thing you'd know that.

And again: Why should I be the only one here who is not allowed to call someone out when I'm pissed off?

You can call them out - just that it would do the site a lot of good if you were diplomatic about these kind of things. Now the next person to get disenfranchised with this place knows exactly what to do...

Hadron, it would do this site a lot of good if you'd kindly shut the fuck up when your only input seems to be to disagree with me, no matter what.
Something on those lines, yes. But you really do show yourself up as easy to antagonise.

It is true - face it. You need to learn to keep your cool rather than exploding over small pranks. This site has had far worse in the past. Lighten up.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »
While you obviously have the right to your opinion--even the more moronic ones--you'll simply have to live with the fact that this site is not run according to your ideas. Not now, not ever.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »

I like turtles!!  :green:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
While you obviously have the right to your opinion--even the more moronic ones--you'll simply have to live with the fact that this site is not run according to your ideas. Not now, not ever.

Some people have left because of your ideas - bear that in mind.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »

I guess they just weren't intense enough. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:18 AM »

It is true - face it. You need to learn to keep your cool rather than exploding over small pranks. This site has had far worse in the past. Lighten up.

A prank that could get I2 kicked off Hostgator is not small. You need to check your facts, Hadron.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2009, 04:54:27 AM »

Oh--you mean those wankers who got their panties in a twist because they couldn't do whatever they wanted to on someone else's dime? Baw.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 04:56:20 AM »

No one's stopping you from starting your own board. Good luck finding a site that will allow people to post pics of anal fisting and bestiality.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2009, 05:12:06 AM »

I am just wondering abstractly, if this site WAS closed down because Odeon did not react and "kept his cool", who would you be having this conversation with and/or what would you be doing by way of congratulating Odeon for not being so "petty".
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »

I am just wondering abstractly, if this site WAS closed down because Odeon did not react and "kept his cool", who would you be having this conversation with and/or what would you be doing by way of congratulating Odeon for not being so "petty".

He'd put in a good word for me elsewhere. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2009, 06:41:25 AM »

He'd put in a good word for me elsewhere. :zoinks:

That sounds both fair and comforting. What a top bloke.  :zoinks:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »
I like turtles!!  :green:
Me too, but strictly platonically.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2009, 10:41:55 AM »
i have a tortoise and we've never had sex

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »
Good thing, that. They drop their looks so quickly afterwards. :P

- Albert Einstein