Author Topic: Odd people you have known  (Read 2325 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Odd people you have known
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
Still reading this as Old people you have known.

Not that different. :P

Indeed!  Some of us will keep getting stranger as we age!   :oldman:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2017, 05:34:21 AM »

You are. :hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2017, 06:48:16 AM »

You are. :hahaha:

That's because I am becoming more and more myself.  :M 8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
I'm usually the odd elephant in the room.... yet if you're wanting to compare odd NTs you've known throughout the years, then yes..... my sponsor at my job is an odd one.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2017, 04:15:23 AM »
 :lol1:

You're almost part of them now, Odeon. Your kids probably think you are already there.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2017, 04:42:43 AM »
:lol1:

You're almost part of them now, Odeon. Your kids probably think you are already there.

:odeon:

Don't know what you're on about. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2017, 07:19:26 AM »
And my ex fiancee, the young one of the two. The flaming fucking hot one that really didn't beat around the bush, going directly from wherever she was to getting what she decided she was going to have. Me, for one. Someone suffered steel toe-caps in the knees and possibly groin for being in the way and trying to talk to her whilst she was, unknown to me at the time, on her way to pounce on me like the lil' tiger she was.

She was a HUGE trekkie, and wrote some REALLY pervy, kinky fan-fic stuff. Some stuff between deanna troy and Riker, that you wouldn't fucking believe a girl of her age would even have been aware existed.  Had to say no (although I wanted to, its just I'd have got arrested or beaten the shit out of if there had been witnesses or caught on camera) but she wanted to have me get her off whilst we were sat together waiting for a train, right there in public. I'd have done it, if it wasn't for the fact we had to keep that kind of thing our mutual secret, although her mom knew we were in a committed relationship, and must have realized that far from exploiting her, I'd have given my life for hers if that were a situation ever arisen. She was I think, uncertain about me and definitely shocked to see me coming in on C's arm and introducing myself as her BF, and then fiancee. Especially when I was wearing my leather and metal spiked dog collar for C, leathers, combat pants, newrock goth-metalhead boots and piercings in my face, tattoo etc., But she didn't ever actually try to interfere with our relationship. Not impossibly out of fear of those steel toe capped boots of C's but whatever the reason, she must have realized that I was HER's (her daughter's that is) through and through, to the last breath, without question, devoted utterly to her. Godsdamned, I still miss her every fucking day. Its been  12-13 years now since we parted and due to unfortunate circumstances happening all at once I lost the means to contact her. I don't think I've gone one day without aching inside, for the part of me thats missing. I'd give almost anything to have her back, soul-mates are very few and far between, and that, she most certainly was. I still want her back. Going to try and track her down through the group I met her at, an auie-aspie social/partying group basically. Once I've fixed a few things about me first, I'm going to do my best to track her down and try get her back. Because shes the one who I should have gotten the ring I'd got for  her on her finger,  had a family with and grown old with.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 02:56:30 AM »
Both my ex's were odd.

The first one had really strange thoughts so he had weird phobias like identity theft so he would call his bank every twenty minutes to make sure his money was still in there. We lived in the country and he was worried about someone coming in my house and taking stuff so I always locked the door. He thought I wanted him to cross the highway to get to the gas station from the store when in fact they were both on the same side of the highway. He had some conspiracy thoughts like people who disappear the government is behind it because he secretly pays someone to kill them. He believed his ancestors were these warriors back in the medieval days. He also thought he was very smart and a genius when he fact he didn't seem very bright at all because of his cognitive memory issues like he told me he wouldn't remember how to get to work (Mcdonalds) even though it's on the side of the highway and you can't miss it and he still insisted he wouldn't remember how to get there so I have to take him there everyday for work and telling me how he can't remember how to do things he is taught unless he does it 30 days straight. He also claimed whenever he has something on is mind he has to do it now or he will forget but yet he couldn't be bothered to write things down he wanted to do and leave it at his computer for him to see it so he remembers. He also believed his trench coat was who he is and saw it as him but yet would complain about people judging him because of that coat when all they did was felt uncomfortable around him or it would be 90 degrees out and he is wearing it and he would smell of body odor because he was wearing that thing so people would move away from him to get away from the smell. Turns out he was a paranoid schizophrenic so the other stuff he has done I can't figure out if he was an asshole or really that stupid.  I can't be arsed to write it all out.

My other ex, he was the most willfull ignorant and closed minded guy I had ever met. Not something I would want my future children exposed to and learned to be hateful and judgmental about everything in life and make everything personal. He had some harmless quirks like eating a milkshake with a spoon instead of a straw or the need to eat exclusive organic foods.

I had an English teacher who was so black and white about homework being turned in by its due date and you could be dying or having a surgery and that work assignment is still due. I just turned my work in whenever I was done with it and didn't wait for the due date. Problem solved. I don't think she was on the spectrum. Just someone who got tired of excuses of late assignments so she got this strict.

I had a history teacher who wasn't able to learn facts so she always got them wrong in class and I corrected the shit out of her every time she would contradict a fact I had learned. I find out years later this drove her crazy and she hated it and my aide had enabled it because she was there when I did it and she did nothing about it. None of the students seemed to have a problem with it either. But it got her to go over her facts before teaching every time.

I had a student teacher who would always lose our school work and mark it as a missing assignment and never admitted she had lost them. Meltdowns from me and me saying I want to throw her over a cliff and kill her because I didn't like doing it all over again. My mother and I started making copies of my homework every time I would finish it and that took care of the problem. I wonder now if she had some sort of disorder because she couldn't be organized and she didn't know how to keep her audience and she would over explain work assignments so kids would get bored and toss things at each other or get out of their seats or make faces.

I had a 5th grade teacher who had furniture in his classroom and had table clothes on tables with a plant in the center and instead of writing on the board or on the overhead, he typed on his computer (he had bad handwriting) and he used this light thing that would show the computer monitor on the board and he would have half of the lights turned off in class. it wouldn't surprise me if he was also on the spectrum or at least had symptoms because he had an autistic son. But he knew how to keep his audience and he had each table assigned so he would have like one table sits in the furniture in the back for a week and then the following week, it would be another tables turn and he also had this big teacher desk and he would assign each student sitting there for one day and he had a lamp hanging above it. He also had his own TV set so we didn't need to use the school's TVs.

I had a choir teacher who was so passive aggressive she would bully her students one at a time so no one would notice. I didn't know about this until she did it to my brother and then everything clicked. I knew some kids had problems with her and I would sometimes hear kids say bad things about her and now I know why. She lost big respect from me. Now I think she might have done it to me subtly and I didn't notice because she was so nice and sweet I would never guess she would make mistakes intentionally by "forgetting." But she didn't do it to me all the time when she would "forget."

And there have been plenty of odd people I have seen on the train and it gets very interesting:

One time on the light rail here in 2009, some man threatened to kill himself if he didn't eat some food all because no one was giving him money. That got a negative reaction out of people and I overheard someone calling him pathetic and he got chewed out by a young woman sitting across from me diagonally saying he just wants drugs. There was also a lady on that same train who claimed cell phones and laptops messed with her brain and was grumbling about people using them on that train. Then she shrieks "Turn off that computer now" at me.

There was one mad at a train stop and he gets upset that no one would let him use their cell phone to call his girlfriend so he starts talking about how someday the whole world will blow up and he will be the only one alive.

One time on the way to work, some man taps a young woman on her shoulder to ask her if this was her bus pass she dropped but instead she starts chewing him out for tapping on her shoulder saying how rude it is and she goes on and on about it after the man had walked away and sat down. She goes on and on about it being a broken record I finally got up and moved to the other side of the cabin because I got tired of listening to her drama. Luckily she got off at the transit center.

One time at the train stop right by my work, there was a woman sitting on the bench there ranting about homosexuals being all homophobic. I had to hold back telling her to shut the fuck up. I was so glad when my train came to get away from that shit and it was very hard not looking at her. My ex was also a homophobic.

And I have ran into strangers who seem to find it okay to talk to me about their life drama and I am trying to play my game or read and they don't seem to get that cue.

There was once a man riding on a train and he was talking to himself and another person sitting close to me told me he thinks he high on drugs while I thought he was a schizophrenic.

I suspect all these people had mental issues.