Author Topic: Odd people you have known  (Read 2324 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Odd people you have known
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »

That incident happened 13 years ago and I could still tell you his first and last name.

Because they hired him for a management position?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »
You guys have no idea. I could write a friggin book about the people I had to deal with. Here's another good one. It's a policy in that state that you can't hire someone who has been convicted of a midemeanor in the last 5 years or a felony in the past 10 years. Every application we process, I would run a criminal background check on. So this guy comes in, dressed in a nice suit, very well spoken. Applies for a management position at for the hotel/conference centre on the property. I interview him, great candidate, send him over to interview with the manager at the conference centre and it all goes swimmingly. So he comes back and I tell him I'll be running his background check and I'll be in touch

There is a part on the application where you can state if you've been convicted. He said he had no criminal history. I think most times people don't think we actually run them, but we do.

So I run his name through this system and then the printer starts going crazy. Pages upon pages of history on this guy. And when we get a hit on a criminal history, it's illegal to tell them over the phone. You must bring them back into the office and tell them in person. So it turns out that he had a whole laundry list of offenses, but the most interesting were 17 arrests for prostitution and 5 of them as a woman. :laugh: But he's was wanted in 3 other states for sex offenses relating to his prostitution antics.

So the police had to call the FBI. The FBI call my office and they're going to set up a sting operation because they've been after this guy for months. Next thing you know it's like a fucking movie scene. Black Lincolns in the parking lots, the windows all blacked out. They pop open the trunk of one of the cars and it's a like a fucking candy store of arsenal. So we had it set up that the guy thought he was being called into a second interview at the conference centre. Meanwhile my little office was the FBI command post. And I will never forget the FBI guy who came in with his huge gun to tell me how it was all going to go down. He was built like you wouldn't believe and he was wearing a tight black t-shirt that said "I run with scissors" :laugh:

we got word that the dude arrived for the interview, all the undercovers were in place, and then they took him down with a helluva lot of force. Blacked out lincolns all over the place. That day rocked. :green:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 09:10:44 PM »

That incident happened 13 years ago and I could still tell you his first and last name.

Because they hired him for a management position?

Some days I think he could have done a better job. :P

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »

You guys have no idea. I could write a friggin book about the people I had to deal with. Here's another good one. It's a policy in that state that you can't hire someone who has been convicted of a midemeanor in the last 5 years or a felony in the past 10 years. Every application we process, I would run a criminal background check on. So this guy comes in, dressed in a nice suit, very well spoken. Applies for a management position at for the hotel/conference centre on the property. I interview him, great candidate, send him over to interview with the manager at the conference centre and it all goes swimmingly. So he comes back and I tell him I'll be running his background check and I'll be in touch

There is a part on the application where you can state if you've been convicted. He said he had no criminal history. I think most times people don't think we actually run them, but we do.

So I run his name through this system and then the printer starts going crazy. Pages upon pages of history on this guy. And when we get a hit on a criminal history, it's illegal to tell them over the phone. You must bring them back into the office and tell them in person. So it turns out that he had a whole laundry list of offenses, but the most interesting were 17 arrests for prostitution and 5 of them as a woman. :laugh: But he's was wanted in 3 other states for sex offenses relating to his prostitution antics.

So the police had to call the FBI. The FBI call my office and they're going to set up a sting operation because they've been after this guy for months. Next thing you know it's like a fucking movie scene. Black Lincolns in the parking lots, the windows all blacked out. They pop open the trunk of one of the cars and it's a like a fucking candy store of arsenal. So we had it set up that the guy thought he was being called into a second interview at the conference centre. Meanwhile my little office was the FBI command post. And I will never forget the FBI guy who came in with his huge gun to tell me how it was all going to go down. He was built like you wouldn't believe and he was wearing a tight black t-shirt that said "I run with scissors" :laugh:

we got word that the dude arrived for the interview, all the undercovers were in place, and then they took him down with a helluva lot of force. Blacked out lincolns all over the place. That day rocked. :green:

Coolest work day EVER. Should have asked if they would let you tazer him.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »
I had to pass a criminal background check including a fingerprint check to get my job as a special education paraprofessional, but of course I don't have a criminal background so there was no excitement like that for me, just going down to the police station to be fingerprinted.  They said that they sometimes arrest people on the spot if their fingerprints get any hits, though.

:lol:

P7PSP

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:14 PM »
I had to pass a criminal background check including a fingerprint check to get my job as a special education paraprofessional, but of course I don't have a criminal background so there was no excitement like that for me, just going down to the police station to be fingerprinted.  They said that they sometimes arrest people on the spot if their fingerprints get any hits, though.

I'd offer to frisk you  :police: Callaway but flirting with you seems to have driven Randy retarded.  :zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »
I had to pass a criminal background check including a fingerprint check to get my job as a special education paraprofessional, but of course I don't have a criminal background so there was no excitement like that for me, just going down to the police station to be fingerprinted.  They said that they sometimes arrest people on the spot if their fingerprints get any hits, though.

I'd offer to frisk you  :police: Callaway but flirting with you seems to have driven Randy retarded.  :zoinks:

Doesn't flirting need to be two-sided?  :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 09:54:19 PM »
I had to pass a criminal background check including a fingerprint check to get my job as a special education paraprofessional, but of course I don't have a criminal background so there was no excitement like that for me, just going down to the police station to be fingerprinted.  They said that they sometimes arrest people on the spot if their fingerprints get any hits, though.

I wouldn't know because you don't return my dirty PMs. :thumbdn:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

bee carful thei dont kik yu out off the liberry.

P7PSP

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »
 :lol: :wanker: :agreed:

Scrapheap

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »

bee carful thei dont kik yu out off the liberry.

Did the Randy, that we all know and love ::), actually get caught beating off in the Library??  :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »
He got caught doing some degenerate thing. He posted about betting off in the liberry here.

Scrapheap

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:18 PM »
He got caught doing some degenerate thing. He posted about betting off in the liberry here.

Where? I don't want to step in it.  :darnit:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »
Ah, now Randy has been covered in the "Odd people you have known topic" I think I am all done.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 02:27:40 PM »
I think that's sad. For anyone to be so badly off as to crap their pants. An inpatient breaking out, goes to an interview. Like somehow striving for a life they used to have...

Mjeh. Just didn't strike me as funny. Must be my hormones. :P
Flibbit.