0 (0%)
France
0 (0%)
Luxembourg
0 (0%)
Austria
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Where do you want to live?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Where do you want to live?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 10:03:08 PM »
I would like to see what the UK is like before I go to live there. I recently said to Kayleigh that I would move to Geelong (her home town). I've been there once and it's nice there. Toowoomba too (in Queensland), where her family lives. She hates Toowoomba, heh.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
I've been thinking about this recently. Thinking there are very few places I'd move to now, even though I'm sometimes fed up with where I live. I miss Finland but it's been too long.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 02:18:23 PM »
Greece.  It's not on the list.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 02:45:49 PM »
Have been very content here, more so than anywhere else, so have no desire to move. That will likely change after retirement, but don't have anywhere particular in mind. Beachfront somewhere warm would be nice.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 03:11:12 PM »
A few hours south of where I live now, a quiet seaside town.

Thailand would be another option, or Vietnam. In a big city with a real buzz and awesome street food. But I'm almost getting too old for somewhere like that.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Online Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 09:00:56 PM »
"It's a little place on the Pacific Ocean. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory. "

Somewhere warm near the ocean. 8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 01:23:19 AM »
Somewhere warm sounds nice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 06:24:29 AM »
i want to  live somewhere warm.

By the sea would be reallyy nice, but what about coastal erosion and flooding? finding somewhere that's future-ptoof (or even present proof) in that respect might be tricky.

most of all i want to live in a corn-free, gluten-free community, so i don't have to try so freaking hard (and fail so often) to eradicate corn from my life. but  that's just a pipe dream, ofc.  it's all just a pi[e dream, i suppose *sigh *

i'll settle for a place  (if i can) that has plenty of room in the kiychen for storing and cooking food, and room for a washing machine; and a bathroom fitted with an actual bath; and a proper wide hallway (so i can park my walker without creatinf  yet another trip hazzard. and maybe even squeeze in a bookcase, like i did before)   and a small but (partially) sunny garden where i can grow carrots ,brocolli,  lettucem  spring onions,  herbs, flowers etc. and work up a sweat by digging and forking, without getting too far from my sofa (cos i always need to lie down at short notice, before very many minutes have passed,  whenever  i exercise. otherwise i fall then  feel like crap for days.   there's such  a stupendously fine line between healthy, invigorating  exercise and exhaustion. that's  unusual, i know, but that's how it is. never managed to explain that to next-dooer neighbours who thought that i could and should take on am allotment. if you're  busily in and out of the garden all day long, ypu don't appear to have energy issues. you just appear to have an alcohol; problem whenever you mis-time your breaks *sigh * and yeah, most of my neighbours really did  believe that  i was an alcoholic, all because of my wobbly gait and all that)  ... and a spare room for guests (that's pretty important when it so happens that all the folk who know that ypu're neither an alcoholic nor a fraud live too far away to just drop round for an hour or two)

Nothing fancy.  i mean,    pretty much the sort of run down bottom-end-of- the-market  place where i used to live ,two years ago,  but without the demon landlady;  that would do. seems like a vision of paradise from my current distant perspective.

oh! and  living room that neither resembles an undersized bus, nor an oversized coffin  in shape and size,   woud be very  nice indeed .  And a window that lets in so much natural light that i don't keep forgetting to open the curtains (the difference being barely noticeable) ; and yet  more natural light , if possible,  loads of natural light,  because i actually love natural light.  though you wouldn't ever guess that from my current habits.

hmmm. am i being greedy? or merely human?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:26:09 AM by Walkie »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 07:44:33 AM »
If I won the lottery I would buy you a place.  :zoinks:

...course I suppose that would require actually playing the lottery.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 08:56:18 AM »
If I won the lottery I would buy you a place.  :zoinks:

...course I suppose that would require actually playing the lottery.  :P

Ah well, it's the thought that counts, right?  :eyelash:  Thanks for the nice thought :)

That said, I can't deny that the actuality would be better  :laugh:

*contemplates buying a lottery ticket, or even two*

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »
By the sea would be reallyy nice, but what about coastal erosion and flooding? finding somewhere that's future-ptoof (or even present proof) in that respect might be tricky.
Every place has its downside. Have to assume people's ideal environments are about what makes them feel vibrant. Unfortunately the definition of that is the complete opposite for husband and me. Warm places in the US are dirty since everything runs downstream. Moved away from the south when the kids were babies, wanting them to grow up cleaner. Swam in clean waters and planted in clean soil, grew a lot of our own food and ate a lot of wild fish and game which also had the benefit of an environment of clean plants and waters. Do miss the clean, but not as much as don't miss the winter.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:07 PM »
I actually picked New Zealand, sounds and seems more fun compared to the UK.

Greece.  It's not on the list.

Greece is so awesome, especially the greek islands.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »
I actually picked New Zealand, sounds and seems more fun compared to the UK.

New Zealand is probably more fun if you are into mountain climbing, fishing, hiking, skiing, stuff like that.

It's also a very clean environment generally, very fertile, not overpopulated, and a temperate climate.

There are equally nice parts of Australia though, with other advantages from my perspective, so I wouldn't consider moving to NZ.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2020, 09:59:11 PM »
I wouldn't mind learning to fish.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2020, 10:16:48 PM »
I wouldn't mind learning to fish.

About 30 years ago I read a book that said "10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish".

Since then I've spent a lot of time trying to be one of those 10%. I'm not quite there, but I reckon I catch more than the average fisherman.

Fishing is about the only sport I'd be into in NZ, I'm not much into adventure sports.