Author Topic: *waves hi*  (Read 6179 times)

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: *waves hi*
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2009, 05:03:11 AM »
I like it here. it reminds me of what AFF was, once.

Amy isn't around anymore, and Gareth is pretty easy going - and I'm over here, so I'm obviously easily offended  :zoinks:

I am not surprised in the least that you got banned from WP - hell, I'm amazed my account there isn't banned. The moderators play favourites and generally do as they please, which is something I fear becoming.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:10:43 AM by Pikajedi3 »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 05:21:11 AM »
I like it here. it reminds me of what AFF was, once.

Amy isn't around anymore, and Gareth is pretty easy going - and I'm over here, so I'm obviously easily offended  :zoinks:

I am not surprised in the least that you got banned from WP - hell, I'm amazed my account there isn't banned. The moderators play favourites and generally do as they please, which is something I fear becoming.

Apparently there was supposed to be a big fight a few years ago between AFF and WP over something and it almost escalated into a war of some sorts. I think this was back in the early days of both sites (probably around 5 years ago). When the dust settled, we got what was left.

Also there seemed to be a big upheaval here as well, and possibly on a couple of other places. I wonder if it's de rigueur for that sort of thing amongst these places?

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2009, 05:24:57 AM »
All active forums seem to go through it - as new faces appear, the culture of a forum inexorably changes, little groups form within the group, and before you know it you've been split straight down the middle.

As to the percieved rift 'twixt AFF and WP -  I don't know how that came about, and Gareth and Alex claim to be on speaking terms. must be a members thing - and very few people from back then are still around on either forum, so really it's just tradition now.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »
"Hey" to Kassiane and Pikajedi3. :)

Speaking of delicious ironies! When I joined up on Wrong Planet back in 2007, the home page had a feature rant article by Kassiane about a terrible experience she'd had with airline staff who ostensibly were trained in accommodating persons with disability, but weren't all that damn good at it. A comment to the article stated that Kassiane had been nominated for Intensity Squared's "Whiner of the Week" award. Being of inquiring mind, I hopped on over to Intensity to see what that was all about, and promptly wished for some brain bleach. You must understand that up till that point my experience of the Net had been limited to Wikipedia, Disney and the BBC. I limped back to WP nursing my seared eyeballs....

Fast forward two years, and here we all are. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Kassiane. ;D And Pikajedi3, interesting and valid point you make about how Internet fora undergo cultural transitions. Nothing ever stays the same for long, and thank the Unnamed Deities for that. :thumbup:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2009, 09:16:17 AM »
 :welcome:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »
Yeah, I've been there. Hence my comment "of sorts".

If WP is for emos, then AFF is for less emo emos.

Still, they are still hung up compared to here.

My problem with almost every other forum is simply that once I got used to posting F*** words when I felt like it, it's now very hard to go back and try to be civil.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kassiane

• Fresh Meat
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
That article had been originally published on my blog.

After
-no sleep
-seizures in an airport
-no sleep
-seizures after getting done with airports
-nearly getting arrested for said seizures in the airport
AND several other things.

It was also never meant to go beyond my blog. *shrug*

Several years later, nice to meet'ch'all.
Go big or go home....wait...wrong message board...

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »
AFF is just as bad and retarded as WP.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
"Hey" to Kassiane and Pikajedi3. :)

Speaking of delicious ironies! When I joined up on Wrong Planet back in 2007, the home page had a feature rant article by Kassiane about a terrible experience she'd had with airline staff who ostensibly were trained in accommodating persons with disability, but weren't all that damn good at it. A comment to the article stated that Kassiane had been nominated for Intensity Squared's "Whiner of the Week" award. Being of inquiring mind, I hopped on over to Intensity to see what that was all about, and promptly wished for some brain bleach. You must understand that up till that point my experience of the Net had been limited to Wikipedia, Disney and the BBC. I limped back to WP nursing my seared eyeballs....

Fast forward two years, and here we all are. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Kassiane. ;D And Pikajedi3, interesting and valid point you make about how Internet fora undergo cultural transitions. Nothing ever stays the same for long, and thank the Unnamed Deities for that. :thumbup:

What seared your eyeballs and made you want brain bleach, if you remember, SleepyDragon?

TheoK

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

My problem with almost every other forum is simply that once I got used to posting F*** words when I felt like it, it's now very hard to go back and try to be civil.

I'm banned from most Swedish boards. Multiple times.  8)

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2009, 02:33:05 PM »

I'm banned from most Swedish boards. Multiple times.  8)

Same here. I'm not wanted. On Flashback though a moderator told me last time I was banned that I'm an "important and unique part of their community" and advised me to send in an official mercy request in six months.
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2009, 02:36:39 PM »
Don't ask for mercy. Use a proxy.  8)

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »
Don't ask for mercy. Use a proxy.  8)

They always recognize my style anyway. I don't think they ban anonymity IP's, so all I have to do is clear any cookies after I get banned and I can register and view the site again. However, I'm getting bored with being banned within 500 posts everytime. I want to criticize the scum on there more openly.

The categories on FB I have a personal dislike against are:

Arrogant academics and narcissists with inferiority complex who have read Oscar Wilde and Nietzche.

The "gentlemen" who believe in old fashioned "decency" even though they are 21 years old, many of them are also narcissistic academics and most of them use old "sturdy" male archetypes as avatars, like Clark Gable, Lord Mountbatten or Michael Caine.

The iranian loving nazi wannabes who think filthy persians are some sort of "pure" brother race related to nordics and all have secret sexual desire for dirty, smelly middle-easterners.

The extreme NT-types, who just see "social" and "friends" as the one truth in life.

Anyone who disregards my oppinion because I lack any kind of formal schooling.
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »
I hate the psychiatrists and jurists. They always warn you if you go off topic, and they never think they're wrong.

And most of the ones you mention too.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2009, 02:50:37 PM »
I really hate the wannabe gentlemen. I am aristocracy, I have always known it. I have aristocratic looks, traits and presence and an aristocratic brain, despite my family not being of confirmed royal blood or anything. I don't need decency because I am an evil overlord, like Ivan the Terrible, Vlad Tepes and others.
Kick me