Author Topic: Laughter Club  (Read 565 times)

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
Laughter Club
« on: September 21, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »
Has anybody heard of the laughter club, by any chance?

http://www.laughterclubsvic.org/ that is the website for the laughter clubs organisation in my state, you if dont know what the laughter club is about.

Well I tried it out on the advice on a woman involved in it, who was a part of the trivia team I was in. I decided to come along to see what it was about.  It is held where I live on a Saturday morning in a local park. Essentially people for half an hour do laughing exercises and being absolutely silly, it is officially recognized as a form of yoga interesting enough.
I dunno what it is like in the other groups, but the group where I live after these exercises are over go to a local cafe and have breakfast.

What I have noticed about the group, besides being a bunch of hippies. They are extremely welcoming and friendly. Also they are importantly for us on this forum, friendly to people on the spectrum. I am guessing more than a few in the group I attended were on the spectrum (including the woman who introduced me to it). Given my misgivings they probably hippies, once the semester is over, I will go back to doing the laughter club.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: Laughter Club
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »
I'm sure shleed would join you all for a fry up breakfast, not sure about the exercise though
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »
Hippies you say? Maybe they have some good weed  ;D

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »
Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »
Hippies you say? Maybe they have some good weed  ;D

A lot of them are older hippies, they were young during the summer of love. I doubt they would smoke weed anymore.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 02:18:49 AM »
I think something like that would be too social for me. Plus I went for years trying not to act different or silly, so doing something like that would feel weird.
That's pretty cool that they are accepting of spectrumites, though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 04:22:03 AM »
Its one of those Asian imported things. Mind - they can be quite dangerous if they get out of hand...

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 06:04:18 AM »
Its one of those Asian imported things. Mind - they can be quite dangerous if they get out of hand...

Like when you get the giggles and can't stop, then your belly all aches and stuff and you still can't stop laughing.

Yeah that sucks.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 07:59:55 AM »

Like when you get the giggles and can't stop, then your belly all aches and stuff and you still can't stop laughing.

Yeah that sucks.

Its more like some of the unorthodox things you can get asked to do there - though there is the laughter damage too, I guess.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »

Yeah that sucks.

Its more like some of the unorthodox things you can get asked to do there - though there is the laughter damage too, I guess.

Such as? I'm interested in actually knowing what. (not my usual being a smartarse to you).

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »

Yeah that sucks.

Such as? I'm interested in actually knowing what. (not my usual being a smartarse to you).

It depends on the club - the geniune ones are fine for the most part. But of course you could get pressured into doing, well, anything. Silly dances are not uncommon, actually anything you could be asked to do quite a lot worse.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

Yeah that sucks.

It depends on the club - the geniune ones are fine for the most part. But of course you could get pressured into doing, well, anything. Silly dances are not uncommon, actually anything you could be asked to do quite a lot worse.

I already dance like a retard to entertain my young kids, so I have that covered.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »

Yeah that sucks.

I already dance like a retard to entertain my young kids, so I have that covered.
:laugh:

You could join up then, might be amusing. Most classes are laughter yoga type things, I think.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »

Yeah that sucks.

:laugh:

You could join up then, might be amusing. Most classes are laughter yoga type things, I think.

I suspect just getting out of the house on a regular basis and meeting a group of friendly people would do the trick.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 02:10:14 PM »

edit:

ONE

THOUSAND

BITCHES

:zoinks:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:11:54 PM by earthboundmisfit »