Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:49 AM »
Your gender is all in your mind.    It is something created by society, so it isn't really that important to me.   Worrying about what gender role box you fit into isn't really a productive thing to be concerned with... there are a lot of things that are more important in life.    I don't understand why people can't be content with what they are born with, as far as genitals go.

Thats the thing, why is it mostly about genitals. Why aren't people upset about not having 4 arms or something?

I want four arms. Would be good for winning any punch up...

Doing anything with four arms would be better.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »
wow. you should have to wait till you're 18 to dress a certain way or look a certain way? they're doing nothing that can harm their body id done during puberty (hormones etc). and a lot of trans people don't get surgery. it's not all about penis/vagina.

phlexor i hope none of your kids are trans, for there sake.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »
wow. you should have to wait till you're 18 to dress a certain way or look a certain way? they're doing nothing that can harm their body id done during puberty (hormones etc). and a lot of trans people don't get surgery. it's not all about penis/vagina.

No, but they can get emotionally damaged if they really arent trans and they can get a lot of shit from other kids. I don't understand how any parent could allow this.

Kids already have a ton of rules to follow, so who cares about one more.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
and kids sometimes get confused and experiment with their sexuality, if they dont turn out gey though then it's not the end of the world

obviously this is bigger than that, but if they feel this way at the time, let them be themselves

this isn't just one more rule to follow, and especially not once they're 15, 16, 17

you're really saying that if your teenage kid told you they were trans, you'd force them to dress like a boy (if they were physically male) and prevent them doing anything "female"?

adding this "rule" is likely to cause more damage than allowing a kid to be themselves and then finding that they realise they're not trans after all

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »
and kids sometimes get confused and experiment with their sexuality, if they dont turn out gey though then it's not the end of the world

obviously this is bigger than that, but if they feel this way at the time, let them be themselves

this isn't just one more rule to follow, and especially not once they're 15, 16, 17

you're really saying that if your teenage kid told you they were trans, you'd force them to dress like a boy (if they were physically male) and prevent them doing anything "female"?

adding this "rule" is likely to cause more damage than allowing a kid to be themselves and then finding that they realise they're not trans after all

No, you are just assuming.

One of my kids still wets the bed, do you think he should advertise this to other kids in his school? He already gets bullied enough as it is.

If one of my kids was trans, I'd make them were gender appropriate clothes where needed like school. Any other time they can wear gender neutral clothes. And if they needed to see a therapist because of trans issues, then so be it.

What I wouldn't do it set them up for teasing and bullying. At a young age kids perhaps do not understand the consequences of their decisions, and as their parent, I'm in charge of looking after them in many ways.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »

No, but they can get emotionally damaged if they really arent trans and they can get a lot of shit from other kids. I don't understand how any parent could allow this.

Its called being middle class - some middle class parents let their kids do anything. Hence why we get things like anorexia nervosa and a whole host of other psychological conditions which correlate heavily with being middle class. Rather sickening too.

As for making kids dress a certain way, I think there is something called school uniform. Typically used for discipline and maintaining order in the classroom.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »

Being "trans" is yet another excuse for someone who can't handle life to avoid a few social rules and expectations. Like religion or any other lifestyle choice, if you can get enough gullable morons to agree with you, then it becomes socially acceptable.

There is no evidence whatsoever that being "trans" is a real psychological condition.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »

Being "trans" is yet another excuse for someone who can't handle life to avoid a few social rules and expectations. Like religion or any other lifestyle choice, if you can get enough gullable morons to agree with you, then it becomes socially acceptable.

There is no evidence whatsoever that being "trans" is a real psychological condition.

What exactly is your onedimensional definition of "life"? Please excuse the irony but "get a haircut and get a job" people like you belong as slaves or in concentration camps. That's all you're good for.
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
16 and 17 year olds often don't need to wear uniforms anyway

and uniforms are usually gender-specific, which is worse than bullying for a lot of trans people. forcing 16 year old guy into a skirt just because his birth certificate says Female can cause more problems emotionally than getting teased or bullied (which a lot of kids experience anyway - shall we dye the hair of ginger kids or make our geeky kids hide their interests/abilities?)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
Being "trans" is yet another excuse for someone who can't handle life to avoid a few social rules and expectations.

Example? if anything, you need to handle even more to be yourself when trans, not use it as an excuse to hide from things

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 12:10:14 PM »

Its called being middle class - some middle class parents let their kids do anything. Hence why we get things like anorexia nervosa and a whole host of other psychological conditions which correlate heavily with being middle class. Rather sickening too.

As for making kids dress a certain way, I think there is something called school uniform. Typically used for discipline and maintaining order in the classroom.

I agree that anorexia is just a fake "disorder" for attention seeking spoiled kids, but transgender is different. Some people really feel like they're born the wrong sex.
Kick me

Blasted

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »

and uniforms are usually gender-specific, which is worse than bullying for a lot of trans people. forcing 16 year old guy into a skirt just because his birth certificate says Female can cause more problems emotionally than getting teased or bullied (which a lot of kids experience anyway - shall we dye the hair of ginger kids or make our geeky kids hide their interests/abilities?)

Did you have to wear a skirt in secondary school?

Phlexor that way you're teaching them to be ashamed of themselves and that they must hide who they truly are.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

Did you have to wear a skirt in secondary school?

Phlexor that way you're teaching them to be ashamed of themselves and that they must hide who they truly are.

agreed. giving in to bullies isn't the way forward. there are other ways of dealing with bullying than just hiding who you are. doing that just turns it into a big dirty secret and is almost like treating them as if they're just a transvestite, rather than accepting them as your son/daughter

and yeah my school had very strict uniform rules and was very old-fashioned about it. we couldn't even wear shorts for PE, had to wear a skirt for that too

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »

What exactly is your onedimensional definition of "life"? Please excuse the irony but "get a haircut and get a job" people like you belong as slaves or in concentration camps. That's all you're good for.

Hang on, I am supposed to spend all my day wanking away, like you do? Give me a break.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

Perhaps in your country, but here is a different story. Most kids wear school uniforms from primary school (6yo average) to year 12 in high school (18yo average).

And their trans state is undecided until they are mature enough to make a rational decision about it. Plus I never said I'd outright deny any possibility of it towards them. They would just have to understand how the real world works.

And you have to remember that this is all based on me not having to deal with it reality-wise at the moment in my life if ever.