Educational

Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »
i think his english is good as well
most people who speak english as their first language don't know any other language

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »
Who gives a fuck, I'm giving him a taste of his own  :laugh:

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »
What do you guys think about this?

I  just saw something about it on the news, and at first i thought they meant these kids had actually started hormones or something, but it turns out it was just a 9 yr old and a 12 yr old who'd gone back to school as girls (uniform, longer hair)

i don't see why that's such a problem. obviously age is important with hormone therapy and surgery, but why make a big deal out of them simply living as a girl/boy?

obviously they're gonna experience bullying on some level, but they're gonna get that eventually anyway, and you can say that about alsorts of things. it's no reason to live miserably though

I did remember seeing a program on television about a transgendered kid, who was born a boy, however identified as a girl. During the school they showed how the kid was starting to live as a girl. We as a society are breaking new ground here by having transgendered childern as opposed to adults.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 02:00:59 AM »
What percentage of these kids regret it later in life and then live the life of the gender they were born?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 02:24:09 AM »
Happening more here, and it makes sense. Since so many transgender kids already feel not at home in the gender they are born with from very early on. Trans kids can get meds now, to postpone physical puberty. And thus the transformation when they are adult will be easier.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 02:26:52 AM »
trans people usually react very badly to those changes in puberty  anyway, so i think accepting their gender as they feel it is, could actually make it easier to cope with. especially if they have sensible and supportive parents who can try toprepare them

What I don't get is that trance for many seem to equal over the top ugly drag. Trance kids are cute. In Thailand it's so common that trance boys have their own toilets in some schools.

Isn't that mainly the difference between transsexual and transvestite? With the latter you do see a lot of drag dressing.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 02:33:18 AM »
Happening more here, and it makes sense. Since so many transgender kids already feel not at home in the gender they are born with from very early on. Trans kids can get meds now, to postpone physical puberty. And thus the transformation when they are adult will be easier.

That's awesome for them. If I was trans I would feel purified by avoiding puberty and not not getting deep voice, sperm production and body/facial hair which would need to be removed later.
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »
What percentage of these kids regret it later in life and then live the life of the gender they were born?

i don't have any figures but probably not as many as you'd think. and if they do, then they do. they're not taking hormones or having surgery, so it's not a problem

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 08:45:30 AM »
I think the parents need shooting.  There's no real evidence yet, to say thats why people want to change their gender "cause they were born in the wrong body"  Although its probably true.  Then again, it could be cause they're mentally ill.  Or bullied so much, that they think if they were to change gender, it would be like having a fresh start.  He should have to wait till at least 16, maybe 18.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 08:47:08 AM »

i don't have any figures but probably not as many as you'd think. and if they do, then they do. they're not taking hormones or having surgery, so it's not a problem

The problem is that the parents are too weak - they should say no and get them out of fantasy land.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »

The problem is that the parents are too weak - they should say no and get them out of fantasy land.

Something we agree on. I think they should only be allowed once they turn 18. Beforehand they should still seek appropriate counselling.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 10:08:35 AM »
Your gender is all in your mind.    It is something created by society, so it isn't really that important to me.   Worrying about what gender role box you fit into isn't really a productive thing to be concerned with... there are a lot of things that are more important in life.    I don't understand why people can't be content with what they are born with, as far as genitals go.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »
Maybe he just has a tiny penis.  But someone should tell him, it will grow for a few more years yet.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 10:28:01 AM »
Your gender is all in your mind.    It is something created by society, so it isn't really that important to me.   Worrying about what gender role box you fit into isn't really a productive thing to be concerned with... there are a lot of things that are more important in life.    I don't understand why people can't be content with what they are born with, as far as genitals go.

Thats the thing, why is it mostly about genitals. Why aren't people upset about not having 4 arms or something?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »

Thats the thing, why is it mostly about genitals. Why aren't people upset about not having 4 arms or something?

I want four arms. Would be good for winning any punch up...