Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Transgendered kids
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
What do you guys think about this?

I  just saw something about it on the news, and at first i thought they meant these kids had actually started hormones or something, but it turns out it was just a 9 yr old and a 12 yr old who'd gone back to school as girls (uniform, longer hair)

i don't see why that's such a problem. obviously age is important with hormone therapy and surgery, but why make a big deal out of them simply living as a girl/boy?

obviously they're gonna experience bullying on some level, but they're gonna get that eventually anyway, and you can say that about alsorts of things. it's no reason to live miserably though

TheoK

Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »
There are lots of them in Sweden, though here they're usually categorized as emos.

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
It's gonna be quite hard for them without hormones though cause they're on the brink of puberty and their bodies will start changing.  Are they from the UK?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »
yeah it will be difficult, and they almost definitely won't pass as girls. but if they feel more comfrtable that way (and i think the 12 year old is at least definitely old enough to decide that themselves), then I think it's fine. takes a lot of courage though. I wish I'd had the guts to be myself in high school. but at the same time, it would been hell, even worse than it was at the time probably  :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
oh and yeah they are in the UK i think

it was on ch4 news. i will post a link when i can be arsed

my tortoise just peed on my bed :thumbdn:

Blasted

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
You should have toilet trained him  :zoinks:

I think it's easier to start being yourself earlier on in life because that way you can build up a strong enough shield whilst still fairly young.  I'm still quite worried about how those boys (girls?) will react though when their voices start deepening and such.  It might be quite distressing for them.  Not to mention kids at that age (12) are fucking immature and will bully them horribly.  Still, kudos I guess.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:48:26 PM »
I think it's okay. As a really small kid I prefered to dress up in women's clothes and I liked to pretend I was a woman, but I grew away from it and instead became a femme guy, sort of. I feel male but not all the way. My brain is definitely female though.
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:50:13 PM »
trans people usually react very badly to those changes in puberty  anyway, so i think accepting their gender as they feel it is, could actually make it easier to cope with. especially if they have sensible and supportive parents who can try toprepare them

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »
trans people usually react very badly to those changes in puberty  anyway, so i think accepting their gender as they feel it is, could actually make it easier to cope with. especially if they have sensible and supportive parents who can try toprepare them

What I don't get is that trance for many seem to equal over the top ugly drag. Trance kids are cute. In Thailand it's so common that trance boys have their own toilets in some schools.
Kick me

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »

What I don't get is that trance for many seem to equal over the top ugly drag. Trance kids are cute. In Thailand it's so common that trance boys have their own toilets in some schools.

youd like paul okenfold, hes a trance kid.
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

I misspell some words, but I don't care. It's cute to do that.
Kick me

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »

yeah, you are cute!

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 02:03:56 PM »

Your poor spelling is proof of your inferior genetics and poor upbringing by your failure parents. They couldn't parent you properly and raped you as a child.

TheoK

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »
I think his English is good considering he never finished school.

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 02:09:15 PM »
I think his English is good considering he never finished school.

at first i thought soreiyu was your sidekick

then i thought he was your sockpuppet

now its become apparent that YOU are HIS sidekick.  :wanker: