Educational

Author Topic: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy NT?  (Read 3493 times)

Blasted

Re: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy N
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
I have a wider range of knowledge. 

Sure you do  ;)

I didn't know English was your second language. 

Learnt it when I was 9 when we moved back to England.  Started primary school from Year 4.  Before that I only spoke Polish, now I'm bilingual.

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy N
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
I think I know you pretty well, and seems to me you've got high-functioning AS, ADHD, social anxiety and OCD. 

The OCD and social anxiety are what seem to impact you the most.

Cheers. I think you probably know me as well if not better than anyone else online the last couple years. What makes you think I have ADHD btw? Someone else said that too, but it's never been suggested to me IRL
I only started wondering about this recently, when you had all those papers to write.  It reminded me of myself back in uni or at work, of how I'd procrastinate and then hyper-focus to get stuff done.
Other stuff...your temper is like mine, you seem physically hyper like me.  Besides your anxiety/OCD, we seem pretty similar in how our brains operate.

Maybe I should bring it up next time I see someone then. It might help with my uni stuff
LOL, I was just reading your thread about nosy people, etc.  I knew I felt the same way you do about lots of people, and my reason is primarily because I bore so easily and I can't stay focused on whatever it is they're blabbing about unless I find it very interesting personally.  So I wind up getting irritated and pissed off with them, because it's taken so much effort for me to try and pay attention in the first place.  Maybe that's what's happening with you, too. 

Yeah, it might be something to think about, especially for your uni stuff.  Might want to explain your study habits, etc. to the doc and see what they think.  If you really do have ADHD, stimulant meds could help you get your work done more efficiently.  But I don't think you could take them because of the anxiety.  Plus they can really turn you into a zombie - for some reason, they made me feel more assburgery when I was on them. 
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Blasted

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »
is that a trick question?

Looks like rhetorical questions are lost on you too  :orly:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2009, 12:46:19 PM »
I have a wider range of knowledge. 

Sure you do  ;)

I didn't know English was your second language. 

Learnt it when I was 9 when we moved back to England.  Started primary school from Year 4.  Before that I only spoke Polish, now I'm bilingual.

You'd be suprised.

So you and the family came back to steal our jobs?  :zoinks:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Blasted

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
Yes your jobs especially since my father is British and I was born in London  ::)

Looks like you're a Daily Mail reader too, no wonder you are a thick shit  :zoinks:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy NT?
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »

Is that your final answer?  :orly:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »

Looks like rhetorical questions are lost on you too  :orly:

lawl, that wasn't what he asked
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy NT?
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2009, 12:50:36 PM »

Is that your final answer?  :orly:

Can I ask the audience first?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »
Yes your jobs especially since my father is British and I was born in London  ::)

Looks like you're a Daily Mail reader too, no wonder you are a thick shit  :zoinks:

What did he knock up some Polish immigrant?

Damn, maybe you are aspie, as you can't spot sarcasm.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye

P7PSP

« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »
I think I know you pretty well, and seems to me you've got high-functioning AS, ADHD, social anxiety and OCD. 

Cheers. I think you probably know me as well if not better than anyone else online the last couple years. What makes you think I have ADHD btw? Someone else said that too, but it's never been suggested to me IRL
Perhaps a generalized retardation i.e. liking Man. U. etc. ?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »
Yeah, i'd agree there

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
I'm glad I suppport United and not some shitty American "football" team  :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »
I'm glad I suppport United and not some shitty American "football" team  :zoinks:
SF 49ers if you want to give it a more personal touch Soph.  :thumbup:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2009, 04:40:41 AM »

I only started wondering about this recently, when you had all those papers to write.  It reminded me of myself back in uni or at work, of how I'd procrastinate and then hyper-focus to get stuff done.
Other stuff...your temper is like mine, you seem physically hyper like me.  Besides your anxiety/OCD, we seem pretty similar in how our brains operate.
Maybe I should bring it up next time I see someone then. It might help with my uni stuff
LOL, I was just reading your thread about nosy people, etc.  I knew I felt the same way you do about lots of people, and my reason is primarily because I bore so easily and I can't stay focused on whatever it is they're blabbing about unless I find it very interesting personally.  So I wind up getting irritated and pissed off with them, because it's taken so much effort for me to try and pay attention in the first place.  Maybe that's what's happening with you, too. 

Yeah, it might be something to think about, especially for your uni stuff.  Might want to explain your study habits, etc. to the doc and see what they think.  If you really do have ADHD, stimulant meds could help you get your work done more efficiently.  But I don't think you could take them because of the anxiety.  Plus they can really turn you into a zombie - for some reason, they made me feel more assburgery when I was on them. 
I think most aspies have attentional problems. I take ADHD meds but they don't help me get my homework done on time or easily because I have bad study habits. The meds help with paying attention in class and being able to write stuff down and listen to what people are saying instead of daydreaming and not caring. So when it comes to exam time I am better off than I used to be because I remember what happened in class as I was mentally there.

I think you should get your OCD sorted out first, to be honest. I am sure you could do a lot better with study and stuff if you weren't occupied with thinking should you go to the toilet or not because if you do you need a shower. OCD isn't just about the actions that take up a lot of your time, but the thoughts that do, too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae