Educational

Author Topic: Ask Nexus questions  (Read 649 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Ask Nexus questions
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:23:42 PM »
I do have a phobia of being questioned excessively, so what better way to try and cure it by giving the users of I2 the chance to ask me questions. Bear in mind this will be like an answering machine, might not be able to answer everything or so frequently.

Oh well, let's get this started. :orly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
Re: Ask Nexus questions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »
why is the sky blue?
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »
why is the sky blue?

I think it might have something to do with the atmospheric particles absorbing shorter wavelengths of light and radiating that spectrum of light outwards the most, it's called Rayleigh scattering. I had to look it up for the specifics, but I knew it had something to do with molecules in the atmosphere refracting, reflecting or absorbing light from the sun.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:37:17 PM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »
What is your opinion about the question that you posed here:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,11751.0.html

So the question is, is it actually possible that a serious event could emerge on December 21st, 2012, but not because it was foretold or predicted, but because people want to believe in it and make it a self-fulfilling prophecy?

I was wondering what you think of the possibility that passing through the celestial plane could trigger a reversal of the polarity of the earth's magnetic field?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »
What is your opinion about the question that you posed here:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,11751.0.html

So the question is, is it actually possible that a serious event could emerge on December 21st, 2012, but not because it was foretold or predicted, but because people want to believe in it and make it a self-fulfilling prophecy?

I was wondering what you think of the possibility that passing through the celestial plane could trigger a reversal of the polarity of the earth's magnetic field?

Firstly, my concern is that with how people hold such strong beliefs on certain prophecies, and their tendency to panic or desire such doomsday could lead to destabilization of society. As a consequence of this hysteria caused destabilization, it could lead to escalated military and political tensions with various nations due to potential terrorism and disputes.

It's interesting you bring up the magnetic field, because the geomagnetic poles have shifted on occasion in Earth's history, and currently the magnetic poles are shifting and accelerating. So it's has already started, but only moving at 40km a year as of 2003. But the implications of a magnetic pole shift wouldn't be cataclysmic exactly, but strange earthquakes and animal behaviour could become more common, with possible sightings of auroras closer to the equator.