Educational

Author Topic: Asperger in Japan  (Read 9623 times)

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
Re: Asperger in Japan
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »

What about it seems depressing? I live in the U.S., and I don't think so.
And yes, I have been to other countries and experienced other cultures, including a year in Okinawa.

America is depressing because everything is too big, there are no sidewalks in many places, mass transportations is a joke. The general culture, mentality etc seems like shit, the authorities are people I wouldn't trust ever. Just looking at endless highways with lightposts 10 meters high, infrastructure which is laughably bad and innefficient, people dressing ugly, extremely crappy tv-shows, bad music and just overall like a place forgotten by God. And that's the more urban regions... If I think of Nebraska or South Dakota or an average size town in Indiana I want to slit my wrists without even living there.

Okinawa isn't where I want to go. I want to go to Kyoto or Sapporo.

id have to agree with the twat on this one. except id hit tookyo, and osaka if i went to nipon
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

What about it seems depressing? I live in the U.S., and I don't think so.
And yes, I have been to other countries and experienced other cultures, including a year in Okinawa.

America is depressing because everything is too big, there are no sidewalks in many places, mass transportations is a joke. The general culture, mentality etc seems like shit, the authorities are people I wouldn't trust ever. Just looking at endless highways with lightposts 10 meters high, infrastructure which is laughably bad and innefficient, people dressing ugly, extremely crappy tv-shows, bad music and just overall like a place forgotten by God. And that's the more urban regions... If I think of Nebraska or South Dakota or an average size town in Indiana I want to slit my wrists without even living there.

Okinawa isn't where I want to go. I want to go to Kyoto or Sapporo.

id have to agree with the twat on this one. except id hit tookyo, and osaka if i went to nipon

Tokyo and Osaka are the biggest cities so most people chose them it seems. Most sex, most party going in every night. But it's so much stress.

Kyoto was one of the few cities not bombed during WW2 and it only has 1,5 million citizens. It's the perfect aspie town, designed after traditional japanese style in the older parts. Houses which offer complete shelter from the bustling outside. It's in the mountains and have very bright real autumns and snow in the winter despite quite far south. A maneagable city rich with ancient wooden houses and shops and an overall feeling of "sanctuary" over it. It appeals to my aspieness and need for peace and lower stress. In Tokyo and Osaka the stress is constant.

I had my eyes on Sapporo but when I read about Kyoto and saw pictures from there and heard it was in the mountains even, it became my first hand choice. They even have tame deers walking around inside the city and lots of lush green covering parts of the city.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:48:11 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »
To our town, to our town,
To Orekhovo-Suevo
A cunt in a hat and a prick with glasses
Came by taxi

TheoK

« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »
I never been to Sweden but I have been to Ikea and the meatballs suck

They are the Swedish version of McDonalds. You should taste my mum's meatballs instead.  :thumbup:

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2009, 03:15:18 AM »
An aspie Jap might not act just like you/the way you wanted. You'll be surprised.

I know there must be some there who are more like me. In the west there aren't many aspies like me at least on the internet. People who have been in Japan, lived there etc and have kids living there told me many times "I think you should go there, you see many like you there.". And that's what I always felt too.
Kick me

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
The scary bit is, I used to be just like him a few years back. :aff:

He contributes nothing and doesn't seem to have any real talent at anything apart from being a dry-shite. How is he superior to anyone? Telling everyone they're idiots isn't going to prove that.

I'm just looking for others like me, and that doesn't include you.

Good luck, but to be honest, that's an unrealistic goal, especially with your attitude. If you can't lighten up and be more flexible, I'm afraid it's going to be impossible to find anyone suited to you.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2009, 03:49:49 AM »
The scary bit is, I used to be just like him a few years back. :aff:

He contributes nothing and doesn't seem to have any real talent at anything apart from being a dry-shite. How is he superior to anyone? Telling everyone they're idiots isn't going to prove that.

I'm just looking for others like me, and that doesn't include you.

Good luck, but to be honest, that's an unrealistic goal, especially with your attitude. If you can't lighten up and be more flexible, I'm afraid it's going to be impossible to find anyone suited to you.

No. I seek a certain type of spirit/essence in others, a certain mind. My personality and outer preferences are just the exterior. I know what I'm looking for but you only see what your eyes see. I can't find this way of thinking/feeling/seeing the world in the west. I've tried but no one is the type I seek here, but I know that it exists in Japan. The problem is finding it because it's not like just going into a random night club like most NT foreigners do.

You can't understand how I think. You probably don't even understand what I mean.
Kick me

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2009, 04:09:51 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_concentration_camp_badges

read the black triangle part and tell me that aspies wouldnt be included in at least three of those subcatagories.
Not in those times they wouldn't, in most cases they would show up a lot less often than the general population.

The mentally retarded
The mentally ill
Alcoholics
Vagrants and beggars
Aristocrats
Intellectuals
Pacifists
Conscription resisters
The habitually "work-shy"
Prostitutes[3][4]
Some anarchists.

youre telling me that most aspies couldnt be included in any of these groups?
I am yes. It was far easier to fit in 60 years ago...

TheoK

« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2009, 04:15:47 AM »

read the black triangle part and tell me that aspies wouldnt be included in at least three of those subcatagories.
Not in those times they wouldn't, in most cases they would show up a lot less often than the general population.

The mentally retarded
The mentally ill
Alcoholics
Vagrants and beggars
Aristocrats
Intellectuals
Pacifists
Conscription resisters
Prostitutes[3][4]
Some anarchists.

A high functioning aspie 60 years ago could probably "hide" in some university, bookstore etc. in a quite different way from today.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2009, 04:35:52 AM »

The mentally retarded
The mentally ill
Alcoholics
Vagrants and beggars
Aristocrats
Intellectuals
Pacifists
Conscription resisters
Prostitutes[3][4]
Some anarchists.

A high functioning aspie 60 years ago could probably "hide" in some university, bookstore etc. in a quite different way from today.
Its funny how the rise of everyone else's freedoms is crushing our own, don't you think. Look at all the additional social baggage (disguised as freedom, fashion / whatever) which has been added, any fool should be able to see what I mean.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2009, 04:43:10 AM »
No. I seek a certain type of spirit/essence in others, a certain mind. My personality and outer preferences are just the exterior. I know what I'm looking for but you only see what your eyes see. I can't find this way of thinking/feeling/seeing the world in the west. I've tried but no one is the type I seek here, but I know that it exists in Japan. The problem is finding it because it's not like just going into a random night club like most NT foreigners do.

You can't understand how I think. You probably don't even understand what I mean.

To be brutally honest, I couldn't care less really, as all humans are the same at their core.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

TheoK

« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2009, 04:51:36 AM »

The mentally retarded
The mentally ill
Alcoholics
Vagrants and beggars
Aristocrats
Intellectuals
Pacifists
Conscription resisters
Prostitutes[3][4]
Some anarchists.

Its funny how the rise of everyone else's freedoms is crushing our own, don't you think. Look at all the additional social baggage (disguised as freedom, fashion / whatever) which has been added, any fool should be able to see what I mean.

The state needs its slaves. If they can't oppress other races, women or gay people, they can always turn on the "disabled".

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2009, 04:55:35 AM »

The mentally retarded
The mentally ill
Alcoholics
Vagrants and beggars
Aristocrats
Intellectuals
Pacifists
Conscription resisters
Prostitutes[3][4]
Some anarchists.

The state needs its slaves. If they can't oppress other races, women or gay people, they can always turn on the "disabled".
Goodness no, the social baggage enslaves everyone. We just notice the bonds quicker than everyone else.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2009, 05:40:46 AM »

To be brutally honest, I couldn't care less really, as all humans are the same at their core.

Do you understand the japanese people who dress like nazis for example? Or do you just see it as a weird but funny thing? I can understand them (that type) on an emotional, empathic level. People like that are so rare in the west. I don't think everyone is the same deep down, different people have different types of souls. Just like blood-types there are different autist-types and different types of spirits and souls. I have a combination of these which is more common in Japan. I can take the wapanese bullshit etc, it doesn't bother me. I just know intuitively that I understand certain people and I tracked my "type" down to east Asia.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:45:01 AM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2009, 05:41:49 AM »

Do you understand the japanese people who dress like nazis for example? Or do you just see it as a weird but funny thing? I can understand them (that type) on an emotional, empathic level. People like that are so rare in the west. I don't think everyone is the same deep down, different people have different types of souls.
Its because Hitler is taught just like any other war at school, there is no national taboo or anything.