Educational

Author Topic: Name that critter  (Read 5837 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Name that critter
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »
aww poor mousy! what a cutie! the cat too! what cutie furrballs! aww googgledygoo! :laugh: what cuuuties!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Triste

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 09:01:37 PM »
Unfortunately for that rodent, it is no longer among us.  So sad.

Triste

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 02:24:17 AM »
I remembered another Hawaiian critter story.  Unfortunately I did not get a picture of this one, so I will try to describe it as best I can.

I was sitting on the toilet and happened to look down at the bath mat.  There was what looked like a gecko tail among the rug fibers.  I have 3 cats who take out on average one gecko per day, which I have the pleasure of witnessing.  Anyway, I took a piece of TP and went to pick it up and throw it away (daily crazy critters have given me slightly more courage in this department) but it fucking LATCHED ON to the rug and TWIRLED.  I just about lost my breakfast.  No gecko, just the tail twirling, mind you.  I grabbed the rug and put it outside for MS to deal with.

It turns out that (OMG this is creeping me out just typing it) gecko tails CONTINUE TO MOVE even when detached from the body so as to mislead their prey.  Oh. My. God.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 03:02:50 AM »
i actually yelped, reading that!  YUCK!  that's vile.  i need a lie down...

aww poor mousy! what a cutie! the cat too! what cutie furrballs! aww googgledygoo! :laugh: what cuuuties!

someone shoot her, for fuck's sake.   ::)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 03:30:42 AM »
 :laugh:

i think geckos are cute too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 04:12:45 AM »
/takes aim...

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »
::bends over to say hello to a snail on the ground just in time to void bullett::

hello little snail! gobbledygook googgledoo! goo! :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »
/gets flamethrower...

(i fucking LOATHE snails!)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 02:39:24 PM »
::picks up snail and shields her with her arms::

stay away from her, you bitch!

oh wait, you're the one with the flamethrower... ???
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Triste

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 02:40:32 PM »
Anything worm-like is revolting (that would include gecko tails).
I'll have to go take a pic of another revolting creature in my yard - it's called a slail.  Oh never mind, it's too gross to contemplate.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2006, 02:43:37 PM »
Anything worm-like is revolting (that would include gecko tails).
I'll have to go take a pic of another revolting creature in my yard - it's called a slail.  Oh never mind, it's too gross to contemplate.
Oh come on I want to see the slail.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »
i'm rather ok with wormies. i did step on a larva ones and had a panic attack just imagining the mushed insides of the poor thing. but the larva i guess survived my accidental stomp... so they told me.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

duncvis

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
I usually find wormy things more interesting than revolting, mind you I used to go fishing so I had plenty of opportunity to observe them while not catchng owt. :P

ever seen mealworms milla? now those are fun. I went to an exhibition thingy once where there were huge bran tubs with GIANT mealworms. I put my arm in to feel what it was like (as you do), and they have forelegs, like caterpillars. I took half a dozen home with me up the sleeve of my shirt, I hadn't noticed the buggers climbing up. my mam wasn't right impressed as I remember it.  ;D

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2006, 03:27:59 PM »
ew that's sick! :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 02:21:49 AM »
HAH!  you are revealed for what you truly are!   >:D   didn't notice you going "googledee, googly-fucking-ooooh" at the forty foot mealyworms, did we?  :P

and now, mostly, this year, i shall not be reading this thread again...