Educational

Author Topic: propaganda and lies about the NHS  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: propaganda and lies about the NHS
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 02:32:31 PM »
If somebody shoots you, you have no say in the matter.

Yes I have. I can shoot back.
[/quote]

lol you are making yourself look like an idiot, lit
once you're dead, you can't shoot back.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
what do you guys thing the government is gonna do?
why do we need to defend ourselves from the government on a day-to-day basis? if something major happened, i'm sure the people would be able to get hold of weapons. although tbh i don't see the threat. what are the government gonna do to us?

Blasted

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »
People have read too many books like We or 1984  :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »
and then complain about a big brother state because we have cctv  :thumbdn:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »
Restricting things like guns which most everyday people don't use is fine I guess, but when they come to take all the fun things on the internet away with their filtering and three strikes laws, fuck that shit.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 02:46:14 PM »
being against gun ownership is usually not because of ignorance. and i think people in europe tend to support free speech more, if anything

Yes it is. Most cowardly gun haters (a tautology) have usually never touched a gun IRL. They think about guns as something with an evil "power" or something. It's just a piece of some hundred grams of metal/plastic/wood, some grams of nitrocellulose and some milligrams of lead azide.
how does that change anything? it could be made of fluff and feathers and that wouldn't change a thing. people aren't stupid

Yes, people are stupid. They don't think in a rational way. Why not starting with banning cars, tobacco and alcohol, if you want to save lives? Each one of them kills a hell of a lot more people than guns, but the stupid mob just believe what the politicians and the media tells them.

what kind of world are you living in? cars are not designed to kill. yes they are dangerous in the wrong hands, but so are a lot of things. guns are actually designed to be lethal though. tobacco and alcohol don't kill others (yeah yeah i know passive smoking and unborn babies etc, but that's hardly the same)

I don't see what the purpose means when the result is that cars kill more people than guns.

There are more cars in Sweden, and they are used a lot more too. So the comparision is not that valid.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »
what do you guys thing the government is gonna do?
why do we need to defend ourselves from the government on a day-to-day basis? if something major happened, i'm sure the people would be able to get hold of weapons. although tbh i don't see the threat. what are the government gonna do to us?

They want to make us slaves and get the feudal system back more or less. Yes, I'm serious.

TheoK

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 02:51:37 PM »
being against gun ownership is usually not because of ignorance. and i think people in europe tend to support free speech more, if anything

Yes it is. Most cowardly gun haters (a tautology) have usually never touched a gun IRL. They think about guns as something with an evil "power" or something. It's just a piece of some hundred grams of metal/plastic/wood, some grams of nitrocellulose and some milligrams of lead azide.
how does that change anything? it could be made of fluff and feathers and that wouldn't change a thing. people aren't stupid

Yes, people are stupid. They don't think in a rational way. Why not starting with banning cars, tobacco and alcohol, if you want to save lives? Each one of them kills a hell of a lot more people than guns, but the stupid mob just believe what the politicians and the media tells them.

what kind of world are you living in? cars are not designed to kill. yes they are dangerous in the wrong hands, but so are a lot of things. guns are actually designed to be lethal though. tobacco and alcohol don't kill others (yeah yeah i know passive smoking and unborn babies etc, but that's hardly the same)

I don't see what the purpose means when the result is that cars kill more people than guns.

There are more cars in Sweden, and they are used a lot more too. So the comparision is not that valid.

In the US there are almost as many guns as cars and still cars kill more Americans.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »

In the US there are almost as many guns as cars and still cars kill more Americans.

People spend more time in cars than with guns in their hands. Could be a reason.
And they tend to do it all at the same time, in the same place.

Maybe we should ban traffic peaks.  :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »
And since we are concerned about general health here,

Staircases are the most dangerous things in a house.

Let's ban them too, by law. They probably are more dangerous than guns.

(I, do prefer a staircase in my house over a gun btw)

Blasted

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 02:56:28 PM »

People spend more time in cars than with guns in their hands. Could be a reason.
And they tend to do it all at the same time, in the same place.

Maybe we should ban traffic peaks.  :P

Or introduce a congestion charge  :laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
And since we are concerned about general health here,

Staircases are the most dangerous things in a house.

Let's ban them too, by law. They probably are more dangerous than guns.

(I, do prefer a staircase in my house over a gun btw)

Swimming pools are actually more dangerous than guns. There are only 6 million private swimming pools in the US and yet 450 kids were killed by swimming pools there last year. 100 times more than by guns by percentage.

Blasted

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
Why not just ban everything and make people live in a glass box? :toporly:

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
 :agreed:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
Or put give TheoK the chance to hide safely in a glass box. Where he can sit and watch and mutter about the stupidity of humankind.

Would be a win-win situation.