Author Topic: propaganda and lies about the NHS  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
propaganda and lies about the NHS
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »
why do so many in the US seem to feel so threatened by health reforms?

do any of the american posters here actually believe the lies people like sarah palin are fabricating?

over here it all looks absolutely insane

or is it just being covered badly by the media?

the NHS might have it problems, and it's far from perfect. but we don't have death panels here, we don't euthanise old ladies, and stephen hawkins actually benefited from our health care if i'm not mistaken  ???

i know politicians lie, but these latest ones seem to be way too transparent. yet a lot of people are apparently buying it..?

TheoK

Re: propaganda and lies about the NHS
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »
Well, Europeans buy the lies that gun laws are there to protect the citizens and that freedom of speech must be infringed to protect minorities just to mention two of the most common lies here.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »
not really the same. people aren't against guns here because they're falling for a load of lies the government are feeding them. most people are completely aware of how things are in the US. they still don't want the same for their country. and most people do support free speech from what i've seen.

being against gun ownership is usually not because of ignorance. and i think people in europe tend to support free speech more, if anything

these death panels / stephen hawkins / communist comments are outright lies though.

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
why do so many in the US seem to feel so threatened by health reforms?

do any of the american posters here actually believe the lies people like sarah palin are fabricating?

over here it all looks absolutely insane

or is it just being covered badly by the media?

Doubt it.  Sarah Palin is insane so I don't doubt a single thing said about her in the news.

Blasted

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:35 PM »
Also, I think the hysteria is partly due to the fact that Obama suggested it.  Many are doing their best to try and bring him down in the eyes of the public. 

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »
being against gun ownership is usually not because of ignorance. and i think people in europe tend to support free speech more, if anything

Yes it is. Most cowardly gun haters (a tautology) have usually never touched a gun IRL. They think about guns as something with an evil "power" or something. It's just a piece of some hundred grams of metal/plastic/wood, some grams of nitrocellulose and some milligrams of lead azide.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »

Yes it is. Most cowardly gun haters (a tautology) have usually never touched a gun IRL. They think about guns as something with an evil "power" or something. It's just a piece of some hundred grams of metal/plastic/wood, some grams of nitrocellulose and some milligrams of lead azide.
how does that change anything? it could be made of fluff and feathers and that wouldn't change a thing. people aren't stupid

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »

Lol - might want to check how that is supposed to be used...

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

how does that change anything? it could be made of fluff and feathers and that wouldn't change a thing. people aren't stupid

Yes, people are stupid. They don't think in a rational way. Why not starting with banning cars, tobacco and alcohol, if you want to save lives? Each one of them kills a hell of a lot more people than guns, but the stupid mob just believe what the politicians and the media tells them.

Blasted

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:06 PM »

Yes, people are stupid. They don't think in a rational way. Why not starting with banning cars, tobacco and alcohol, if you want to save lives? Each one of them kills a hell of a lot more people than guns, but the stupid mob just believe what the politicians and the media tells them.

Those two generally take a fair amount of time and uses to kill, if they kill at all.  A gun could kill you in a few seconds.

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
This pretty well sums it up (from that Swedish board translated to English):

"The only reason that the people of Sweden may not own weapons as they want is that the state knows that it fucks with us and we do not have a chance to defend ourselves.

The state is not afraid of the people, which leads to the sickest Act after the other."

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 01:56:05 PM »

Those two generally take a fair amount of time and uses to kill, if they kill at all.  A gun could kill you in a few seconds.

What does it matter? 435000 Americans die of tobacco every year, but you don't hear hysterical cries for banning of cigarettes.

Blasted

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »

What does it matter? 435000 Americans die of tobacco every year, but you don't hear hysterical cries for banning of cigarettes.

You don't understand that a person knows the risks that come with smoking.  Nobody is forcing them to do so, they do it out of their own free will.  If somebody shoots you, you have no say in the matter.

TheoK

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »

You don't understand that a person knows the risks that come with smoking.  Nobody is forcing them to do so, they do it out of their own free will.  If somebody shoots you, you have no say in the matter.

Yes I have. I can shoot back. If not the state denies me the right to self-defense like in sick fucking Sweden or sick fucking UK.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »

Well, in fact there is hysteria about smoking. But smoking mainly slowly kills the smoker. A gun can be used to deliberately kill another person. And the one holding the gun can take the power the gun gives as an incentive to have the right to judge about death and life. That's what it is about.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!