Author Topic: Henrietta!!! :(  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Henrietta!!! :(
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 07:17:01 PM »
When I saw this title I thought of evil dead II(i think).
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2006, 07:21:47 PM »
i thought Charles was part of the simian fam. :laugh:

why'd you think of Evil Dead II, Nomaken? was there a Henrietta in that flick?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »
It was the wife of the archeologist, she spent half the movie in the basement tormenting the shit out of everyone.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »
wasn't that Evil Dead ? he went back in time in the second one, methinks. Army of the Dead.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 07:39:52 PM »
He went back in time in the 3rd movie.

I have reason to believe henrietta was in the second movie because the second movie was originally titled dead by dawn, and at one point in the movie several monsters were screaming "Dead by dawn! Dead by dawn!  Dead by dawn!"  And the zombie in the basement was pushing it up while chanting this.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 07:41:26 PM by Nomaken »

Triste

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 09:36:56 PM »
I gotta toad story - better than the centipede story actually.

We have toads on our property.  When it rains, a dozen of them hop out of the way of the car as we drive down the driveway.  We never thought about them much.  One night, our dog all of a sudden had a hard time walking, had a little frothing at the lips, and had a vacant stare (yeah, even for a dog, it was evident that something fucked up was going on in his head).  I remembered seeing a dessicated, roadkill toad in the yard recently, looking like toad jerky.  Turns out that the toads are called Bufo marinus, and they are toxic.  Our dog had found the roadkill and brought it up to the house, getting poisoned and drugged while doing so.  He was tripping!  Bufos have all kinds of neurotoxins and cardiotoxins, and in some areas (namely Florida) they are very toxic to dogs.  We rinsed his mouth out with baking soda, and took him to the vet the next day.  It took about two weeks for him to get back to normal - he couldn't get up from lying down and we had to help him up every time.  He has avoided toads ever since, thank god.  I have to wonder what it was like for a dog to be hallucinating.

Subsequently someone told us about an island resident whose drug of choice was bufotoxin.  He would collect the toads and touch them, using increasingly greater doses to get high.  One day he was tripping, on a cliff, and tried to fly.  He ended up falling, impaling himself on a tree, from groin to chest.  He survived, but he's permanently in a wheelchair.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »
wow i thought the Army was the second movie. course i kinda wondered how he ended up in the past but then i missed the beginning the last time i saw it and it's been ages since i saw it before that...
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2006, 11:51:39 PM »
There are 3 movies, and he accumulates wounds through all 3, but 2 is halfway a sequel and halfway a remake of the last 1.  3 is also partially a remake, but mostly a sequel.

The director never says this directly, but i get the feeling they made evil dead 1 a pure horror, use the money from that to make evil dead II, but realized halfway through they didnt have the budget for a horror and made it a horror comedy, and after its success they made evil dead 3 which was almost all comedy.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2006, 11:59:05 PM »
yeah the third one's really funneh. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2006, 12:50:39 AM »
people smoke dried toad skins, i believe (i've read it somewhere, and it's in "american gods", which i've just finished reading again - coincidence, eh?).  one of the components of bufotoxin is a hallucinogenic.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: And now for some rambling...
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2006, 12:58:22 AM »

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2006, 01:02:03 AM »
I gotta toad story - better than the centipede story actually.

We have toads on our property.  When it rains, a dozen of them hop out of the way of the car as we drive down the driveway.  We never thought about them much.  One night, our dog all of a sudden had a hard time walking, had a little frothing at the lips, and had a vacant stare (yeah, even for a dog, it was evident that something fucked up was going on in his head).  I remembered seeing a dessicated, roadkill toad in the yard recently, looking like toad jerky.  Turns out that the toads are called Bufo marinus, and they are toxic.  Our dog had found the roadkill and brought it up to the house, getting poisoned and drugged while doing so.  He was tripping!  Bufos have all kinds of neurotoxins and cardiotoxins, and in some areas (namely Florida) they are very toxic to dogs.  We rinsed his mouth out with baking soda, and took him to the vet the next day.  It took about two weeks for him to get back to normal - he couldn't get up from lying down and we had to help him up every time.  He has avoided toads ever since, thank god.  I have to wonder what it was like for a dog to be hallucinating.

Subsequently someone told us about an island resident whose drug of choice was bufotoxin.  He would collect the toads and touch them, using increasingly greater doses to get high.  One day he was tripping, on a cliff, and tried to fly.  He ended up falling, impaling himself on a tree, from groin to chest.  He survived, but he's permanently in a wheelchair.

rofl I love how everyone ignored this story and went on talking about that movie (funny story though, btw...though i felt bad for your dog)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2006, 01:10:50 AM »
i didn't.

see?  i am so inconsequential, people don't even notice my posts...   :'(

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2006, 01:15:58 AM »
my apologies, lucifer- lack of sleep isn't just affecting fluorescent.  :laugh:

Triste

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2006, 03:08:27 AM »
One of the reasons I'm here is to learn to be okay with inconsequentiality and my invisibility in the universe.