Educational

Author Topic: Post a something you are a pondering  (Read 32797 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Post a something you are a pondering
« Reply #1620 on: January 13, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
Any idea where the smurfs came from? You know, the group of midgets, following the big smurf? You have little a clue, have you?

Um, how to handle them little arrogant midgets.. I'm wondering..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1621 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
Any idea where the smurfs came from? You know, the group of midgets, following the big smurf? You have little a clue, have you?

Um, how to handle them little arrogant midgets.. I'm wondering..

The Smurfs (French: Les Schtroumpfs, Dutch: De Smurfen) is a comic and television franchise centered on a group of small blue fictional creatures called Smurfs, created and first introduced as a series of comic strips by the Belgian cartoonist Peyo (pen name of Pierre Culliford) on October 23, 1958. The original term and the accompanying language came during a meal Peyo was having with his colleague and friend André Franquin at the Belgian Coast. Having momentarily forgotten the word "salt", Peyo asked him (in French) to pass the schtroumpf. Franquin jokingly replied: "Here's the Schtroumpf — when you are done schtroumpfing, schtroumpf it back..." and the two spent the rest of that weekend speaking in "schtroumpf language". The name was later translated into Dutch as Smurf, which was adopted in English.

Smurf village:  When they first appeared in 1958, the Smurfs lived in a part of the world called "Le Pays Maudit" (French for "the Cursed Land"). To reach it required magic or travelling through dense forests, deep marshes, a scorching desert and a high mountain range. The Smurfs themselves use storks in order to travel long distances, such as to the kingdom where Johan and Peewit live, and keep up-to-date with events in the outside world.

In the Johan and Peewit stories, the Smurf village is made up of mushroom-like houses of different shapes and sizes in a desolate and rocky land with just a few trees. However, in the Smurf series itself the mushroom-like houses are more similar to one another and are located in a clearing in the middle of a deep forest with grass, a river, and vegetation. Humans such as Gargamel are shown to live nearby, though it is almost impossible for an outsider to find the Smurf village except when led by a Smurf.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1622 on: February 06, 2012, 04:42:36 AM »
I'm not going to hear from my WP friend(s) for the eon WP is down for :violin:

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #1623 on: February 06, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »
Should I go back onto some form of bipolar med...
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.